PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid in the trouble!!!

<<Hybrid>>
08-21-2003, 08:32 PM
ok looks like i am in the big trouble and seems like only real profesional can help me....

i got dual boot on my PC - Windows ME and Windows XP home
Then my XP home crashed and i couldnt launch it. I have 2 HDD&#39; s and one of them is divided (c:&#092; d:&#092; and e:&#092;)
ok i deletted all system files of my E:&#092;, where Win XP home stood and installed WinXP pro there....
But what happened? i have now 3 Windowses in Bios screen:
1. Microsoft Windows XP professional
2. Microsoft Windows XP home edition
3. Microsoft windows (this is ME)

I have Win Me installed on my C:&#092; drive.

i just only need to remove this #2nd point in bios - XP home

i think i have some log file or another file in C:&#092; drive, what makes my PC to think i have Win XP home, still

sorry about my english all :(
explaining: i have 2 OS&#39;s now, only, but Bios shows me that i have winXP home, too.. so plz help how to remove it
i hope there is not Format X:&#092;&#39; s :unsure:

I&#39; ll be realy glad for any help from your side

Thanks before
-Hybry

Slice
08-21-2003, 09:21 PM
When you say you deleted all your system files did you format that partition or just delete the files? You probably have a hidden system registry file which makes the boot screen show the OS is still there.

<<Hybrid>>
08-21-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Slice@Aug 21 2003, 09:21 PM
When you say you deleted all your system files did you format that partition or just delete the files? You probably have a hidden system registry file which makes the boot screen show the OS is still there.
Soullie helped me to figure that stuff out

i changed boot.ini file... there was some command lines:

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)&#092;WINDOW S
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)&#092;WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)&#092;WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP home edition" /fastdetect
C:&#092;="Microsoft Windows"

and i removed this one:
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)&#092;WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP home edition" /fastdetect

All works now, thanks for interesting Slice :thumbs: