PDA

View Full Version : Deus ex

FlameRush
08-23-2003, 02:47 AM
I havnt played this game in awhile, I just get addicted to this game baadly, because you can be anyone you want, from a melee weapons man, to a god of weapons, and nature, its so awesome...

Translation for Deus...
Deus - A god that decides the final outcome/conflict

Burn the Witch
08-23-2003, 02:53 AM
Yup, awesome, played it through with every ending, my favorite being the "Blackout" ending (that doesnt give much away). I didn't like the "Merge" ending and I forget the 3rd but I know it was the worst :) Deus Ex the name itself is actually a shortened version of Deus Ex Machina -- meaning "God the Machine", or possibly "God in the Machine".

When Deus Ex 2 : Invisible War comes out Ill see if SAL will let me do a GM review for it :)

FlameRush
08-23-2003, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by Burn the Witch@Aug 22 2003, 09:53 PM
Yup, awesome, played it through with every ending, my favorite being the "Blackout" ending (that doesnt give much away). I didn't like the "Merge" ending and I forget the 3rd but I know it was the worst :) Deus Ex the name itself is actually a shortened version of Deus Ex Machina -- meaning "God the Machine", or possibly "God in the Machine".

When Deus Ex 2 : Invisible War comes out Ill see if SAL will let me do a GM review for it :)
Oh crap, forgot to post bout invissy wars...
:bandhead: :bandhead:
Oh well, I love the looks of both, I only got the limited edition of deus ex...
:bawling:
I need to buy it, but I cant find it in stores, I think I wasted 10 bucks for a demo...

EXEcution
08-23-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Burn the Witch@Aug 22 2003, 10:53 PM
Unless i beat you to it! :devil:
Anyway Invisible War looks sweet, i watched a trailer which (although had nothing to do with the gameplay of Deus Ex 2) showed a brief in-game story scene! SO AWESOME! :wootrock:

Gun Element
08-23-2003, 02:31 PM
Awesome game. Even something my dad enjoyed.

:thumbs:

Burn the Witch
08-23-2003, 05:36 PM
QUOTE (Burn the Witch @ Aug 22 2003, 10:53 PM)
When Deus Ex 2 : Invisible War comes out Ill see if SAL will let me do a GM review for it 

Unless i beat you to it! 
Anyway Invisible War looks sweet, i watched a trailer which (although had nothing to do with the gameplay of Deus Ex 2) showed a brief in-game story scene! SO AWESOME! 

OK , you take Deus Ex 2, Ill get HL 2 (PSIgetDE2:IWpleasekthx)

EXEcution
08-23-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Burn the Witch@Aug 23 2003, 01:36 PM

QUOTE (Burn the Witch @ Aug 22 2003, 10:53 PM)
When Deus Ex 2 : Invisible War comes out Ill see if SAL will let me do a GM review for it* 

Unless i beat you to it!*
Anyway Invisible War looks sweet, i watched a trailer which (although had nothing to do with the gameplay of Deus Ex 2) showed a brief in-game story scene! SO AWESOME!*

OK , you take Deus Ex 2, Ill get HL 2 (PSIgetDE2:IWpleasekthx)
:thumbs:

Burn the Witch
08-23-2003, 07:54 PM
k so, the Deus Ex : Invisible War story goes a little like this :

Several years after the events caused by JC Denton in the first game, and the world has attained some level of order again. However, now nanotechnology is widely available and this is not a good thing (watch the intro teaser available for d/l from fileplanet or elsewhere and you can see that nano-terrorism is now a serious problem). (You cant actually see the nanobots themselves, thats why the war is "invisible"). You play one of six secret agents being controlled by one of these nano-organisations that vie for control in this new world. Your mission is to win (end) this invisible war by crushing the other organisations, and finding the original games protaganist, JC Denton, who may just hold the key to it all :devil: .

FlameRush
08-25-2003, 02:07 AM
I need HL, and Deus Ex 2 when they come out, awesome looking games, Deus Ex 2 has all dynamic lights now, going to be really cool, I hope to buy both them...