PDA

View Full Version : Official Tourny Week Rules - General

SALvation
08-26-2003, 01:50 PM
These are the official general rules for tourny week. Individual game rules will be posted in the tourny forum.

All forum members that have roughly 100 posts or more (mostly non-spam) will be given 1 chance to win a giveaway. We'll call each chance a "ticket". So each member automatically receives 1 ticket with which they can win something. During that week, we will be having tournaments in some of our favorite games. In each game, players will have a chance to win additional tickets.

1st place - 5 extra tickets
2nd place - 3 extra tickets
3rd place - 1 extra ticket

This gives everyone to have a chance to win, gamers and non-gamers alike, but at the same time rewards gamers for their skill (we are a gaming site anyways). At the end of the week, everyone will be given a random number for each ticket they hold. We will draw numbers during that weekend and giveaway all sorts of loot that our sponsors have been kind enough to give us.

Tournaments will be held on both USA and European servers so everyone has a chance to get some extra tickets.

Tournament dates will run from Sept. 7th - 12th with the giveaways that weekend.

Members that are banned for any part of tourny week are not eligible to win prizes.

Admins are also eligible to win prizes. The drawing will take place in a fashion so that it would be impossible for 1 person alone to determine the winner of each prize.

Once you have won a prize, that ticket number will be removed from the eligibility list.

JayChyl
08-26-2003, 01:54 PM
i c

EXEcution
08-26-2003, 02:19 PM
:thumbs: Sounds good!

Crism
09-09-2003, 10:43 PM
yay! i already have 9 from the ut tourney last night! btw, whos keeping track of all of this?

Smooth[GummiBear]
09-14-2003, 08:51 PM
How are the discconections being handled? I know me and Yellow, as well as others were disconnected.

If I had 30 frags and got first (if you remove the disconnections), yet someone else who didnt disconnect got 30 as well... do we both get 5 tickets? Do you take the 1st and 2nd place and distribute them evenly? 5 + 3 = 8 then 4 for each?

Thanks for the explanation!

Pure_Evil
09-14-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Smooth[GummiBear]@Sep 14 2003, 04:51 PM
How are the discconections being handled? I know me and Yellow, as well as others were disconnected.

If I had 30 frags and got first (if you remove the disconnections), yet someone else who didnt disconnect got 30 as well... do we both get 5 tickets? Do you take the 1st and 2nd place and distribute them evenly? 5 + 3 = 8 then 4 for each?

Thanks for the explanation!
You and Yellow are all set, both of you won your respective rounds.

Burn the Witch
09-14-2003, 10:01 PM
er...is this one of those things where US people win only? Even though I know you mentioned the Euro Tourneys I need to ask....

SoTeK
09-15-2003, 05:44 PM
When you don't got 100 posts, but did win the tourney (me, atleast I think I did... :unsure: ) can you win prizes?