PDA

View Full Version : jessica lynch story flawed

Fred Bear
09-02-2003, 08:01 PM
this has got to be the wildest thing I have read in days. It has to do with the American POW Jessica Lynch and how fake the rescue story is. Now she is signing a $1 million book deal. OMG :w00t: Jessica Lynch (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/correspondent/3028585.stm)

JIMINATOR
09-02-2003, 08:07 PM
yeah, politics is all about public opinion, all bs.
I don't care that she is getting the money, she could have easily died, more power to her.
what i don't like is that there are other unsung heroes during that
skirmish that died fighting and have received no credit and
remain unknown and forgotten. that is terrible to me...

Fred Bear
09-02-2003, 08:12 PM
that is what upsets me the most Jim. How many American troops have died in Iraq? You dont hear about any of them! What about those other POW's? any news on them? It just makes me sick how they can hold one POW up on a pedistal while many many others are fighting too. Dont get me wrong, I am sorry she was made a POW but hey...... that is what the military is all about. I support our troops 100% But a million $ book deal!!!! I hope no one buys it.
The link I gave tells how all of her wounds were cause by her vehicle crash. No bullet holes or stab wounds. This is just crazy.

Die Hard
09-02-2003, 09:24 PM
a lot of Brits in the same prediciment :mellow:

Thundarr
09-02-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Fred Bear@Sep 2 2003, 04:12 PM
that is what upsets me the most Jim. How many American troops have died in Iraq? You dont hear about any of them! What about those other POW's? any news on them? It just makes me sick how they can hold one POW up on a pedistal while many many others are fighting too. Dont get me wrong, I am sorry she was made a POW but hey...... that is what the military is all about. I support our troops 100% But a million $ book deal!!!! I hope no one buys it.
The link I gave tells how all of her wounds were cause by her vehicle crash. No bullet holes or stab wounds. This is just crazy.
You said it!! And yes, what about the Brits? PS: Did anyone else hear a little blurb on the news that since "combat ended" *cough*(what do you call more soldiers being killed daily?)*cough* more soldiers have been killed than were killed during the "combat"... Hmmm, sounds to me like war isn't nearly over! Can our leaders really call that a victory?? :hmmm:

ME BIGGD01
09-02-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by JIMINATOR@Sep 2 2003, 08:07 PM
yeah, politics is all about public opinion, all bs.
I don't care that she is getting the money, she could have easily died, more power to her.
what i don't like is that there are other unsung heroes during that
skirmish that died fighting and have received no credit and
remain unknown and forgotten. that is terrible to me...
jim, i couldnt of said it any better.

thundarr, i agree with you and have made a post in the past about the ending of war and considering a victory.

mod
09-02-2003, 11:17 PM
:lol: americans will allow an actor to be gov of california hell just act his way to the top

that would never happen in the uk or canada

mod :wave:

mod
09-02-2003, 11:18 PM
arnold will be president :thumbs:

soon :wave:

mod :wootrock:

mod
09-02-2003, 11:21 PM
dont worry arnold will be president and he will blow everything up...rest assured

mod :shifty:

Die Hard
09-02-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by mod@Sep 3 2003, 12:17 AM
that would never happen in the uk or canada
perish the thought :lol:

JIMINATOR
09-02-2003, 11:30 PM
ok, this has some explicit talk... so not for everyone, but interesting.
it is an interview that he made for oui magazine some 25 years ago...

ps. the site is damn great....

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/arnoldoui1.html

Die Hard
09-02-2003, 11:32 PM
wow thats brilliant Jim :jammin:

Where do you find the time?

mod
09-02-2003, 11:33 PM
oh my jim, arnold should be pres and he will be he is an actor and he will win..

mod :oooo: