PDA

View Full Version : making the plunge

BIGGD01
10-22-2002, 05:07 AM
well i am going to get :-) ut2003 sometime this week. it appears you need a very good system to play it which i have. i see some screenies of the game and the graphics looks great. are there clans in ut also? whats the atmosphere as sam was pretty much my first kill game i played. i am bored of sam now so will pop in less and less i think. the games are getting lame and boring and i am getting frustrated all the time at the campers. time to make the plunge now and will do so this week. how long do most of you ut players take to learn the game?

Justncredible
10-22-2002, 05:15 AM
dude, its a deathmatch game, thats all it is,,, no real game you just run around shooting the other guys, and go up in levels,,, no plot,,, so its just like Sam deathmatches, ecept ALOT slower and the graphics are not all that good,,, I just pumped them up today and they look better,,, you will see it is a good game if you like DM and CTF,,,,,,,,,,, it will be very interesting to see what you think about it..... the only bonus is the mods and maps made by the other commitys,,, and yes many clans in UT,,,, alot more players and the game will have lots of players for along time,,, like years....... so get it, it is fun, but is not Sam

Grimmy
10-22-2002, 05:31 AM
I think it is pretty fun. A lot more players, a lot more skills, way better maps, and I think the graphics are a little better then SS. But I don't like it is a little slow, but you can pump that up on your own server the speed!

BIGGD01
10-22-2002, 06:21 AM
i just hope it's a good bunch of people in there like here. but i see many people here are playing already.

Grimmy
10-22-2002, 07:39 AM
I would say there is. A few assholes, but as if sam doesn't have any LMAO :rolf:

Sauron
10-22-2002, 10:29 AM
[quote:fbda428019="Grimmy"]I would say there is. A few assholes, but as if sam doesn't have any LMAO :rolf:[/quote:fbda428019]

there are more assholes around at UT2k3 as in Sam but that is cause there are many more players!!

Sauron
10-22-2002, 10:31 AM
[quote:2fa2126f49="BIGGD01"] how long do most of you ut players take to learn the game?[/quote:2fa2126f49]

the game has a few extra moves like the double jump and walljumps which are pretty hard to do IMO. But the basic movement is the same so it takes u just as long to learn the game as u need to learn the maps