PDA

View Full Version : oops...

solid snake295
09-10-2003, 06:37 PM
well, my sub woofer was acting up when i was trying to play some music on my 'puter, it was just flat lining making a humming noise so i tried to figure out what it was, i switched my reciever to the radio and the sub worked fine, so i switched it back to aux (wich is hooked to the 'puter) and it was still humming. i was wiggeling the wire that went from my reciever to my sound card and it came out so i put it right back in and :blink: *ZAAAAAP** "ahhh s**t" the stereo cut out, i went over to the reciever and it smelt like an electrical fire so i unplugged it. plugged it back in 10 min later and it was just toast, making the same humming noise that the sub was making. what i dont get is how did a $70 sound card kill a $2500 reciever? :wacko: lol

Yellow[GummiBear]
09-10-2003, 06:40 PM
i sure hope you still have your warranty!!

EXEcution
09-10-2003, 06:45 PM
It all depends on what kinda of music u were listening too, so thn eu can sue the band! :w00t:

JIMINATOR
09-10-2003, 07:06 PM
sucks to be you man! seriously though, that sounds really strange, unless the card melted
and was pouring tons of voltage into the output.
anyway, get a pair of earphones. your parents and/or roommates will love you.
sorry about stereo, maybe you can find a way to get insurance to pay for it...

solid snake295
09-10-2003, 07:35 PM
well i got it about 4 years ago so if there was a warrenty its probably expired by now.
it was doing wierd stuff before to, first about a year ago the controler stopped working, not the actual controller but the little IR dealy inside the reciever, i could fix that by giving it a little tap, but i had to keep smashing it harded everytime to fix it. so i stopped doing that because it would probably break somthing else. also a couple months ago one of the input channels dissapeared, i used to have video 2 but its gone now. and now the thing is just buggered, dosent work at all. one of my friends does electrical stuff, ill see if its fixable.

and i do have headphones... but theyre no good because even on full volume the neighbours cant hear it :devil: (my neighbour is a 80 year old peg-legged nazi so i try to piss him off every chance i get, lol)
:yohoho:

Fred Bear
09-11-2003, 06:21 AM
what brand of stereo is that? I want to make sure I stay away from it.

S.W.A.T.
09-15-2003, 05:21 AM
so are http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/Cartangry.gif and http://www.angelfire.com/rebellion2/solid_snake/images/yarr.gif pretty much your neighbor :P