PDA

View Full Version : Should we combine all the Screen shot forums into one?

OUTLAWS The Machine
10-23-2002, 05:59 PM
We currently have 7 screen shots forums. We think it would be best to consolidate them into one forum but wanted the members to vote on it.

Grimmy
10-23-2002, 06:02 PM
I say yes, but then again I say no. I think we should have a different board for SS, one for UT03, and so on. Also, a board for UT help, info, talk, tricks, rather then in the general board.

Just my 2 cents worth!

OUTLAWS The Machine
10-23-2002, 06:06 PM
[quote:7b1e74d333="Grimmy"]I say yes, but then again I say no. I think we should have a different board for SS, one for UT03, and so on. Also, a board for UT help, info, talk, tricks, rather then in the general board.

Just my 2 cents worth![/quote:7b1e74d333]

These would go in Gaming-PC not General. This is an ongoing question. Since these boards do not support having subforums, if we made a forum for each game that is played the list of forums would be very long. We will continue to consider this though. Thanks for the suggestion.

Grimmy
10-23-2002, 06:19 PM
I just want a UT03 board :( lol

HAMMER
10-23-2002, 10:18 PM
Some screens are clan specific for a reason. I see no harm in having screen sections in each clan.

My vote is no.

Sauron
10-23-2002, 10:23 PM
i dont care if we have 1 screenie forum or more of them

however u decide its just fine with me so i dont vote

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
10-23-2002, 10:38 PM
I am gonna have to say no.
I agree with Hammer.

OUTLAWS The Machine
10-23-2002, 10:45 PM
I would rather look through 1 screenshot forum then 7.

Grimmy
10-24-2002, 01:12 AM
No one forcing ya to look through them all, but I see your point, and I see the point of others. How about cutting 7 down to 3, a SS one, UT03 one, and an other one? Best of both, we could have different boards for the screenies of the 2 different games, and then one for everything else. Since the talk of the forums is either SS or UT03, by majority.

OUTLAWS The Machine
10-24-2002, 01:23 AM
That's an idea Grimmy. That kind of goes along with your earlier post.

Sirc
10-24-2002, 01:24 AM
[quote:434a22a1d7="HAMMER"]Some screens are clan specific for a reason. I see no harm in having screen sections in each clan.

My vote is no.[/quote:434a22a1d7]

Couldn't have said it better. My vote is no.

Sirc
10-24-2002, 01:25 AM
[quote:f9dd2ccea8="OUTLAWS The Machine"]I would rather look through 1 screenshot forum then 7.[/quote:f9dd2ccea8]

But I don't necessarily care to see other clan's posts all the time. :wink:

Grimmy
10-24-2002, 01:48 AM
[quote:98c57fcdde="OUTLAWS The Machine"]That's an idea Grimmy. That kind of goes along with your earlier post.[/quote:98c57fcdde]

Thanks Hammer, sort of a compromise, that way you can make everyone happy :D

except Sirc, he is a pain in the toush!! j/k

BIGGD01
10-24-2002, 03:52 AM
it would be good to have one sperate for sam and one seperate for ut2003. i dont like that all clans have seperate screenshots section because we play eachother and would be nice to post in one section. but the call is yours and what you think is nest. gamemecca rulez!!!

me biggd

Sauron
10-24-2002, 10:41 AM
[quote:57225c8c01="Grimmy"]No one forcing ya to look through them all, but I see your point, and I see the point of others. How about cutting 7 down to 3, a SS one, UT03 one, and an other one? Best of both, we could have different boards for the screenies of the 2 different games, and then one for everything else. Since the talk of the forums is either SS or UT03, by majority.[/quote:57225c8c01]

i think thats a compromise to have one UT2k3 and 1 SS:SE screenie forum and one for all other games we play like AvP2 and so on :)

HAMMER
10-24-2002, 12:37 PM
[quote:403ef79057="Sauron"][quote:403ef79057="Grimmy"]No one forcing ya to look through them all, but I see your point, and I see the point of others. How about cutting 7 down to 3, a SS one, UT03 one, and an other one? Best of both, we could have different boards for the screenies of the 2 different games, and then one for everything else. Since the talk of the forums is either SS or UT03, by majority.[/quote:403ef79057]

i think thats a compromise to have one UT2k3 and 1 SS:SE screenie forum and one for all other games we play like AvP2 and so on :)[/quote:403ef79057]

Now I REALLY disagree with having SS and UT forums. What happens if a new game comes out that a bulk of us like to play? That's digging a rut. Besides...a good game is a good game, regardless of what the venue is. I want to see all screenshots of all games...it's fun to me anyway. Why dedicate to SS and UT? We have a lot of Q3 players here...what about them? Naw...I say we just have a screenies section for the world to see, and let the clans decide whether they want screenie sections for their clans. That's what we have clan moderators for. If they didn't want one, they would get rid of it. I don't think it's our place to decide for them anyway. As far as the Outlaws goes, I'd like to keep ours. Sometimes we have some funny Outlaw stuff to post that may or may not be of interest to the general populous.

OUTLAWS high ping camper
10-24-2002, 01:03 PM
I'm keeping my mouth shut.....Ummmm let me rephrase that. I'm neutral, I can go either way......uhhhh, wait......go either way, that didn't sound too good.
Here's my no sense comment (instead of 2 cents). I want 2 screenshot places. One for regular folks, and one for aliases. Watcha think about that!

Gun Element
10-24-2002, 01:10 PM
I dont know what I vted for. I shut my eyes and clicked whatever. But I dont care.

Grimmy
10-24-2002, 06:01 PM
[quote:d31a0c451d="HAMMER"][quote:d31a0c451d="Sauron"][quote:d31a0c451d="Grimmy"]No one forcing ya to look through them all, but I see your point, and I see the point of others. How about cutting 7 down to 3, a SS one, UT03 one, and an other one? Best of both, we could have different boards for the screenies of the 2 different games, and then one for everything else. Since the talk of the forums is either SS or UT03, by majority.[/quote:d31a0c451d]

i think thats a compromise to have one UT2k3 and 1 SS:SE screenie forum and one for all other games we play like AvP2 and so on :)[/quote:d31a0c451d]

Now I REALLY disagree with having SS and UT forums. What happens if a new game comes out that a bulk of us like to play? That's digging a rut. Besides...a good game is a good game, regardless of what the venue is. I want to see all screenshots of all games...it's fun to me anyway. Why dedicate to SS and UT? We have a lot of Q3 players here...what about them? Naw...I say we just have a screenies section for the world to see, and let the clans decide whether they want screenie sections for their clans. That's what we have clan moderators for. If they didn't want one, they would get rid of it. I don't think it's our place to decide for them anyway. As far as the Outlaws goes, I'd like to keep ours. Sometimes we have some funny Outlaw stuff to post that may or may not be of interest to the general populous.[/quote:d31a0c451d]

In reponce to that Hammer, OK, UT03 and SS I would say are the most popular games here that we play. Something that could solve the issue of when a new game comes out, if we should have another board for that. I say yes/no. What could be done for example. Lets say super Mario Tournament came out, and every started playing that, and no many people played UT03 anymore, then you could move the UT03 into the other games board, and people could post it there. That is just a thought.

What I had in mind, and this is to clear it up, incase some people don't quite understand what I am getting at, ok we have the GODS section, where we have 4 boards under it, our general, screenshots, and any non-GODS member-we have 2 private boards, one for adult and then one for all GODS. What we could do, is have a Screenies section (like GODS, Outlaws, ect.) and under there have the different games, UT03, SS, other.

I know it would make the forums a little bigger, but we are a growing community. If needbe I could help out on that section, whether moderating it or whatever. I know and have used phpbb boards and know how they work (just have to brush up on it, since I haven't done it in a while lol) but could be assistance to the category, and the rest of the admins could do the other stuff you been doing.

Just a thought and to clear some stuff up, incase you were a little confused. I would like to think we are growing, with new members signing up everyday, soon we will be bigger then the old forums! :P