PDA

View Full Version : Hear Ye, Hear Ye!

FUS1ON
09-16-2003, 03:58 PM
In DAoC I shall be known as ShOdin (http://www.pantheon.org/articles/o/odin.html). The god of the war, battle, poetry and wisdom, The bringer of death to all that dare to oppose the OoD in battle.

Wielding my spear Gungnir (http://users.ev1.net/~peanut/item-gungnir.html) in one hand and the ring Draupnir (http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draupnir) in the other whilst mounted upon my eight-footed steed Sleipnir (http://www.pantheon.org/articles/s/sleipnir.html) I will roam the boundries of the Albion realm along side my OoD brothers and sisters, Seeking out those black hordes that think they can withstand the might of OoD.

Hear me one, Hear me all and know this well, As a sign to all, On the walls of Valhalla (http://www.pantheon.org/articles/v/valhalla.html) I will hang my slain adversaries heads as a reminder to those that forget for whom the final bell tolls, It tolls for thee! :devil:

Or until a Salisbury Giant stomps my newbie butt into the ground! :P

Slash
09-16-2003, 04:13 PM
WOOT!!! That is great news! Have you created your character yet?

:jammin: :jammin: :drink: :drink: :thumbs: :thumbs: :wootrock: :wootrock:

FUS1ON
09-16-2003, 04:39 PM
I'm still reading :blink: and stuff, I haven't created a char. yet. :D

Grimmy
09-16-2003, 04:39 PM
:wootrock: WOOTERS!!!! Shodin, I like :w00t:

*scores another on the O of D roster list, KA CHING!* :jammin: :shifty:

FUS1ON
09-16-2003, 04:41 PM
BTW I bought 2 yesterday, Spike needs to be working on a name too. :D

Grimmy
09-16-2003, 04:45 PM
*erases the 1 KA CHING and makes it a 2 KA CHING to the O of D Roster!* :wootrock:

OUTLAWS DirtGod
09-16-2003, 04:54 PM
:devil:
The dark side is strong......... :devil:

OUTLAWS The Machine
09-16-2003, 04:59 PM
Awesome. Take time in creating your character. Make sure you know what abilities (strength, dexterity, etc) will benefit the type of character that you are creating. Also when you train after each time you level up, make sure to use your points wisely. Try to concentrate on one thing. Like if you are a fighting type of character you need to choose between slash, crush, or thrust and stick with it. dont try ot spread your points. Make sure you understand the color code (con). Let us know when you are in the game and we will hook you up with soime money so you can upgrade your weapons and armor when needed.

OUTLAWS The Machine
09-16-2003, 05:02 PM
And if you got $20 to spare the DAOC Strategy Guide is a great help. Can be bought at CompUSA or Best Buy.

*Note there is a seperate guide for the Shrouded Isles expansion pack and also a DAOC Atlas. I have all 3 books and use them all daily.

V98ci
09-16-2003, 05:22 PM
Welcome and remember, when the giant lifts his leg to stomp you, smack him in the nads! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

SASQUATCH
09-16-2003, 06:31 PM
Great news!

Shogun and Spike coming to the dark side. YES! :wootrock: :jammin: :thumbs:

BTW Mod, Dark Energy and TIK are getting the game and they will be joining us and I spoke to BlaclWolf, and Uncle Sam and I am hoping they will too pickup the game.

No word on R.I.K. but I do know that Mod and TIK will be playing DAOC. :wootrock:

One other thing, Bigg's will be picking up the game but not sure when.
He has been very busy lately and I will be slowing down because I am
behind my work but you might see me today on late to get lvl 14.
Just need 5 Bubbles to go. . . .

Grimmy
09-16-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by SASQUATCH@Sep 16 2003, 01:31 PM
Great news!

Shogun and Spike coming to the dark side. YES! :wootrock: :jammin: :thumbs:

BTW Mod, Dark Energy and TIK are getting the game and they will be joining us and I spoke to BlaclWolf, and Uncle Sam and I am hoping they will too pickup the game.

No word on R.I.K. but I do know that Mod and TIK will be playing DAOC. :wootrock:
:jammin:

OUTLAWS Tip
09-16-2003, 07:11 PM
Nice,
Looks like you're actually reading the book. Probably a good idea. I just skimmed it and missed some major stuff. I was running around overweight for about 3 weeks before I found out the napsack you carry has not 1 but 6 pockets.
:w00t:

Those retail books sound like a good idea also.
:thumbs:

FUS1ON
09-16-2003, 08:45 PM
I looked all over S'port today for those 2 strategy guides and couldn't find them anywhere. I'll give those sites you mentioned a try. :jammin:

Grimmy
09-16-2003, 09:33 PM
compusa has them both. I just ordered em today :D

OUTLAWS Dixie Chick
09-16-2003, 09:37 PM
Woot! :jammin:

Looking forward to seeing you guys in the game!

OUTLAWS Spike
09-16-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS SHOGUN@Sep 16 2003, 10:41 AM
BTW I bought 2 yesterday, Spike needs to be working on a name too. :D
The only names I could come up with are "Zigguroth" got that from an ad at the end of Jepordy :oooo: and "Seman" Sirc will understand this one!! :rofl:

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
09-16-2003, 11:05 PM
Sweet we broke him down.
I will say this though.
Screw the Giant the ants will kill ya for awhile.

V98ci
09-16-2003, 11:20 PM
ooooo, Hate those ants! :bandhead: :bandhead: :bandhead:

And Tuka the bald chicken! :bandhead: :bandhead:

As for names, mine is a greek translation of my name. :thumbs:

FUS1ON
09-17-2003, 05:44 AM
If any of you had bothered to hit some of the links in my first post, You would have found a site that has a bunch of cool Norse mythology names with the stories behind them. :cool:

That is if you like that sort of thing. :oooo:

Dan2
09-17-2003, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS SHOGUN@Sep 17 2003, 01:44 AM
If any of you had bothered to hit some of the links in my first post, You would have found a site that has a bunch of cool Norse mythology names with the stories behind them. :cool:

That is if you like that sort of thing. :oooo:
Cool page. Looks like Odin had 10 kids with 3 different women...get your rest now. :w00t: :w00t: