PDA

View Full Version : Shogun's Noobie Thread

FUS1ON
09-18-2003, 03:32 AM
I'm stuck like a mofo, I wish the hell I would started this at the LAN :oooo:

Anyways, I created a noobie char. called Shogunoob

I entered in Black Mount South (Humberton) and found the fighter trainer. He sent me to the keep to see Steward Willie to get a quest
1st quest- Take a scroll to some guards. DONE
2nd quest - Kill a wolf pup and return the hide. DONE
3rd quest - Take some token to Seamstress Ludlow and she will give me something. I Recv'd a cloak from her. DONE

When I go back to Steward Willie he doesn't give me anything else to do like he has been doing, What's up? :WTF:

Also i've been getting Deadlink'd several times tonight. :hmmm:

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
09-18-2003, 03:44 AM
what level are you.
Dead link happen here and there.

FUS1ON
09-18-2003, 03:45 AM
I'm still on level 1 :oooo:

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
09-18-2003, 03:47 AM
Start killin stuff then. I don't recall going to the trainer that much for tasks.

FUS1ON
09-18-2003, 03:54 AM
O'tay Pankie, I thought in the beginning you were assigned a task to do, then another, then another, etc .......

Thanks, I'll be back! :cool:

Grimmy
09-18-2003, 05:22 AM
Yea I found that out the hard way too, did the task, and the trainer says nothing when I went back. Once you level, go back to your trainer and they will give you another task. Do that till level 5, then you get to choose a path, what you want your char to be. :cool:

V98ci
09-18-2003, 06:29 AM
Yes, when in doubt, KILL KILL KILL! :wootrock: :wootrock: :wootrock:

Kill everything the game will let you kill!

FUS1ON
09-18-2003, 06:50 AM
Thanks dudes, I went on a killing spree since my last post. Come here little piggy, I gonna take your head! :P

Made level 4 and with 9 spec. points and have 3 pouches full of crap.
I applied all the cheapo body protection I could.
Still need to figure out how to sell the stuff I have multi. of and how or when to apply the spec. points to my char. :WTF:

Grimmy
09-18-2003, 07:40 AM
to sell, of you click on like a merchant (can be armor, weapon, ect.) up comes a window with stuff they offer, and at the bottom of the window is buy, sell, and appraise. Open your window with your back pack, right click on the icon and you will notice the it follows the mouse, then click sell. In the text window, the upper one, it will tell you how much you sold it for.

As for the other points, when you go back to your trainer, 2 windows might pop up. One is chat, they tell you something, could be bright white text that you can click on, they tell you more, ect. The other window will have like specilazation stuff in it. Click what you want to specialize in, think it becomes highlighted, then click train.

With the points, I learned the hard way with a sorcerer, I trained in areas I shouldn't have. I talked with a lvl 50 sorc and asked them for advice and they told me what to train in, and what type of sorc I would be in doing so. Reading up or asking a higher level char that you have will help ya out also, so you don't make the mistake that I did and train in the wrong area and then when you reach like lvl 21, ya screwed becuase you can't respec and get those points back and use them in different areas.

Hope that helps ya out Sho :thumbs: Gratz on the lvl 4! :wootrock: What ya think so far??

Slash
09-18-2003, 10:18 AM
Grats Shoggie!!! :jammin:

OUTLAWS Dixie Chick
09-18-2003, 11:23 AM
:wave: If you are on tonight, give Laurelle a yell and she'll hook you up! Great to see you are playing! :thumbs:

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
09-18-2003, 11:31 AM
I got some coin for you as well.
I might be able to make you a sword and perhaps a shield for your first few levels.

Death Engineer
09-18-2003, 03:22 PM
I can donate a few copper and some armor if you'll look me up when you're online.

DE

OUTLAWS The Machine
09-18-2003, 03:49 PM
Remember to always keep good weapons and armor. And learn to use your special attacks if you are a fighter.

FUS1ON
09-18-2003, 05:06 PM
Thanks y'all :thumbs:

OUTLAWS Tip
09-18-2003, 09:50 PM
There are also tasks you can do. I was confused a bit at the beginning and thought I was doing tasks but they were actually quests. Quests take a bit longer to do. Tasks normally are very quick and probably have only one step to completion. Instead of right-clicking on someone, select them and then type /whisper task

You might have to keep trying different people to get one to give you a task but they seem to be plentiful, especially when you are just starting out.
:thumbs:

OUTLAWS CHICO
09-18-2003, 11:55 PM
This game sounds alot like Zelda lol. Interresting too I might have to check into this after I get out of Resurfacing school. But then I have another school but I will end up in this I'm pretty sure of it. Have fun guys and think of me when you are lol. :jammin:

OUTLAWS Dixie Chick
09-19-2003, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS CHICO@Sep 18 2003, 06:55 PM
This game sounds alot like Zelda lol. Interresting too I might have to check into this after I get out of Resurfacing school. But then I have another school but I will end up in this I'm pretty sure of it. Have fun guys and think of me when you are lol. :jammin:
Can't wait to see you sweetie! :thumbs:

SASQUATCH
09-19-2003, 09:18 AM
Yes Chico you will love this game believe me.

Yuppy! :jammin: Chico will be with us soon. :wootrock: :thumbs:

FUS1ON
09-19-2003, 03:21 PM
Chico you would like it, but it's just a little different:
Zelda (ya ex-girlfriend) says, Come on baby do it to me one more time and then you can go to bed.
This game (DAoC) says, Come on dude just one more blue bubble and then you can go to bed.

:P

OUTLAWS DirtGod
09-19-2003, 04:09 PM
:rofl:
yep or have just one more drink....... :drink:

OUTLAWS CHICO
09-19-2003, 11:18 PM
lol one more blue bubble hey. :hmmm:

FUS1ON
09-20-2003, 02:27 PM
Thanks a ton for the help y'all, I appreciate it so much and hope I can return the favors soon. :thumbs:

I got stomped but it was fun to finally jump in there at the very last and try to help out. :D

SASQUATCH
09-20-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS SHOGUN@Sep 20 2003, 09:27 AM
Thanks a ton for the help y'all, I appreciate it so much and hope I can return the favors soon. :thumbs:

I got stomped but it was fun to finally jump in there at the very last and try to help out. :D
:thumbs: