PDA

View Full Version : Lead in new Batman film cast

Pathos
09-18-2003, 11:58 AM
What a grand day to be a movie-nerd! I don't normally bore you lot with movie stuff (my real passion), and it may be old news to some, but I've just read that Christian Bale (the lead in American Psycho and Equilibrium if you're a little hazy) has been cast as the Dark Knight!

(Pauses a moment to catch breath)

Let me tell you that as a massive fan of both comics and cinema this is a mind blowingly geek announcement for me! [pats various statues littered around room on the head] He is PERFECT for this role - not only does the man completely LOOK the part, but he's one HELL of an actor. My compatriot geeks the world over are busy rejoicing (wetting the bed and such), and rightly so; it's a rare day 90% of the fan base gets its wish.

(To digress a moment, there was even talk of him playing Bond, with strong support at that, a role for which he would also be well suited. However, this possibility will in all likelihood fizzle now that he'll be donning cape and cowl.. a shame)

The director for Bats is he of Memento fame, so things are looking up (given budget, cast and director, i still regard "Batman and Robin" as the WORST movie of all time - they certainly could do no worse). All they need now is a damn decent script. Alas, Warner's track record there is.. not good.

With what we've go to look forward to so far, though, one can certainly see some hope that Batman will finally be done right. As a complete nerd, this is very important to me. [emphatic, never-been-laid nod]

Anyway - rant done. Peace out, brothers! [glances at nekkid pic of Christian Bale on wall, draws a cowl over his head, and giggles obscenely]

Burn the Witch
09-18-2003, 03:42 PM
Equilibruim is kinda like a George Orwellian take on the Matrix, and an underated film :)

JIMINATOR
09-18-2003, 03:51 PM
yeah, i never saw batman & robin, i knew that stuff was going downhill on that series,
as for equilibrium, we talked about it in a thread a few months ago.
really cool concepts they had, although it was low budget... :jammin:

Strifer
09-18-2003, 04:25 PM
You are one hell of a geek :P

Yeah, a good script MIGHT be needed :rolleyes:

JIMINATOR
09-18-2003, 05:06 PM
or they can just do what hollywood always does,
if it sucks, put in more car chases, explosions, and special effects... :drink:

Dan2
09-18-2003, 06:17 PM
Can't wait!!! :jammin:
Let's hope they nail it down, not screw it up.

EXEcution
09-18-2003, 06:46 PM
Equilibrium was AWESOME!
Bale will OWN Clooney!

Pathos
09-19-2003, 01:57 PM
Yeah, a good script MIGHT be needed :rolleyes:
Chuckle.. i know how it sounded, but there HAS been one or two kick ass movies made DESPITE the best efforts of the script to drag it down. Doesn't happen too often, but there are a few out there. [scratches head]

Having said that, Batman should not be one of those flicks! [laugh] And what worries me with the upcoming take is the scriptwriter does NOT have a good track record.. abysmal in fact (in my eyes). I'm thus fervently hoping Nolan may have a stronger hand in it come filming.

Also heard a rumour Dennis Quaid may be playing Commissioner Gordon - an inspired casting if so! I knew there had to be an upside to one of my fave actors getting old.. [selfishly]

All in all, it's looking pretty good so far, though I'm sure it'll come crashing down soon enough. No way geek-gasms last. [forlorn]

(I am still gobsmacked by the fact that Joshua Jackson was up for Bats.. i mean... it's Joshua Jackson for pete's sake! PACEY IS NOT BATMAN!!)

Calm blue ocean.. calm blue ocean... ;)

OUTLAWS high ping camper
09-19-2003, 04:49 PM
:rofl: you crack me up Pathos! :rofl:

I agree with you on the choice for Batman. It's refreshing to see that "the flavor of the year" wasn't picked (as past practiced).

Thundarr
09-19-2003, 05:42 PM
Me thinks Pathos should be a script writer!!

Aries
09-19-2003, 06:09 PM
Batman is :cool: :thumbs:

Dark Reign
09-20-2003, 12:08 AM
It should be fun to watch Bale as Batman.

But they just hafta put in Scarecrow as the villian. Hafta.

Phoenix
09-20-2003, 12:28 AM
I've read online that scarecrow is the current villain of choice. *I personally would like to see Bane in it as well*
Yes, things are definetally looking good for this new flick, lets hope it doesnt dissapoint! Memento was an awesome movie, althought I am impartial towards Equilibrium.
As for Bale, I liked him in Psycho, but I didint like him as much in Equilibium.

Burn the Witch
09-20-2003, 12:28 AM
the batman films arent as bad as the games, and YES i am making a statement.

solid snake295
09-20-2003, 12:50 AM
cool. if they are gonna have the scarecrow i think he should be play by christopher walken.... or rufus the stunt bum for bum fights, lol the guy really needs a better job

rufus the stunt bum
http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38012000/jpg/_38012564_bum150.jpg

Pathos
09-22-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Thundarr+Sep 20 2003, 03:42 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Thundarr @ Sep 20 2003, 03:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Me thinks Pathos should be a script writer&#33;&#33;[/b]
Haha, while i thank you for the kindness, i can see it now:

Batman 5: Knight of the Cow&#33;
Written and Directed by Pathos Esquire.

Encapsulated Review: It was going along just fine until the Bovine Bat Signal first appeared and we cut to the Mad Cow donning cape and cowl - think Sixth Sense with udders&#33; Avoid.

User Rating: -4 / 10 (Go watch Batman & Robin instead)

<!--QuoteBegin--Phoenix@Sep 20 2003, 10:28 AM
*I personally would like to see Bane in it as well*[/quote]
Do you remember Bane in Batman and Robin? As bad as that movie was, MY GOD THAT WAS FUNNY&#33; I must have spent the next month randomnly picking up heavy objects (namely my buds) and growling, "mrrrraaaagh&#33; Come on who am i - mrrrraaaagh&#33;" Sadly enough, i really nailed the character - bloody Joel Schumacher&#33; [hits something] Oh and don&#39;t get me started on the Bane outfit..

I do agree with you, though - done right (particularly Knightfall - perhaps serialised) Bane could rock one retard.

Originally posted by Dark Reign@Sep 20 2003, 10:08 AM
But they just hafta put in Scarecrow as the villian. Hafta.
As Phoenix mentioned, Scarecrow and Ra&#39;s Al Ghul are to be the villains of choice, at least seemingly so at this earlier juncture. While i&#39;m dubious over featuring more than one villain per flick, i must say i&#39;m pleased over the decision regarding the latter; Ra&#39;s Al Gul would certainly bring the Dark Knights DETECTIVE skills to the fore, something sadly lacking in the previous efforts. Potentially (put that in bold and italics if you will), this could be the way to go..

My personal pics for these roles would have to be:

Ra&#39;s Al Ghul - Oded Fehr / Terence Stamp (the former looks the part, while the latter "acts" the part)

Scarecrow - This one&#39;s easy: it&#39;s gotta be Crispin Glover&#33; [worship]

/plr_geek=0

[chuckle]

EXEcution
09-22-2003, 06:53 PM
Because of this announcement i made a nice and suitable avatar change&#33; :thumbs:

Yellow[GummiBear]
09-22-2003, 07:09 PM
there&#39;s gotta be a hot chick.... who&#39;s that gonna be???

JIMINATOR
09-22-2003, 07:19 PM
dunno, but my money is on jennifer garner.
dare devil sucked, but she was damn hot in it&#33;

EXEcution
09-22-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by JIMINATOR@Sep 22 2003, 03:19 PM
:wootrock:

Yellow[GummiBear]
09-22-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by JIMINATOR@Sep 22 2003, 02:19 PM
what is she NOT damn hot in.... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm