PDA

View Full Version : New Major Features of the Forums

SALvation
09-27-2003, 03:18 AM
Here are the features that normal members will see. First are the ones most will care about. After that is the complete list.
Personal Photo facility added to enable members to upload/link to a personal photo
New avatar control panel; including new avatar galleries / auto resizer
Quick Reply feature added
"Pin & Close" added to moderators option list when posting.
Ability to show inline attached images as thumbnails

[:ADMIN - FORUMS:] New clearer forum panel layout - inc. revised forum permissions layout
[:ADMIN - USERS:] Improved "manage validations" layout
[:ADMIN - USERS:] New account suspension system; totally automated temporary bans.
[:ADMIN - USERS:] Automated timed "deny posting abilities" system
[:ADMIN - USERS:] Automated, timed "mod queue this members posts" system
[:ADMIN - GROUPS:] New cleaner group permissions layout
[:ADMIN - LOGS:] Root admin Email log viewer
[:ADMIN - MODERATION:] New "multi-moderation" enables admins to set up various mod. tasks
[:ADMIN - BOTs:] New tools to help bots index the board
[:ADMIN - PREFS:] New mini-ACP prefs menu

[:SKINNING:] New CSS colour editor
[:SKINNING:] Ability to edit multiple template bits at the same time
[:SKINNING:] Revised skin home layout

[:DISPLAY:] Ability to autohide forthcoming calendar events when none to show
[:DISPLAY:] Ability to autohide today's birthdays when none to show

[:GLOBAL:] Board guidelines/rules feature added
[:GLOBAL:] CSS W3C validation
[:GLOBAL:] XHTML 1.0 Transitional W3C Validation
[:GLOBAL:] WCAG / WAI LVL A - A W3C tentative compliance
[:GLOBAL:] Ability to use an external style sheet and retain dynamic elements
[:GLOBAL:] Forum permission system: Enables per user and per group forum masks independent of member group
[:GLOBAL:] "Site Jump" added to "Forum Jump" drop down menu
[:GLOBAL:] Restyled header, combining new link strip with icons
[:GLOBAL:] Forum read cookies centralized into one serialized cookie
[:GLOBAL:] Auto session ID hiding - uses cookies where available
[:GLOBAL:] More "number_format" usage for uniformed look
[:GLOBAL:] Signature separator now fully skinnable

[:FORUMS:] Auto "new posts" forum marker reset when viewing topic list
[:FORUMS:] External redirect setting available on all forums; redirects to any specified page/site
[:FORUMS:] Short URL tags; easy & quick access to forums & topics; search engine friendlier too!
[:FORUMS:] Forum rules display above forum, topic and posting screens
[:FORUMS:] "Jump to page" feature in forum and topic views

[:MEMBERS:] Personal Photo facility added to enable members to upload/link to a personal photo
[:MEMBERS:] New avatar control panel; including new avatar galleries / auto resizer
[:MEMBERS:] Integrity Messenger integration added
[:MEMBERS:] Custom profile fields can now be used in Topic View (CPU saving option)
[:MEMBERS:] New registration authorization system allows for validation emails to be resent
[:MEMBERS:] New streamlined lost password system; allows member to select their own password
[:MEMBERS:] Ability to resend validation email
[:MEMBERS:] Ability to edit topic title (group opt.) - editing first post allows title edit
[:MEMBERS:] Flood control / max email per day added to stop bulk mail being sent via the board

[:MODERATORS:] Ability to "leave pinned topics" when mass pruning or moving topics from ModCP
[:MODERATORS:] Forum View displays a message when there are topics/posts awaiting approval

[:CALENDAR:] Ranged Events feature; includes user defined font & bg colours
[:CALENDAR:] Recurring Events; repeat weekly, monthly or annually
[:CALENDAR:] New, improved layout - turn birthdays on and off

[:SECURITY:] New robust GD (and optional TTF) security code image generator
[:SECURITY:] Tighter forced globals control, $root_path eliminated for safety
[:SECURITY:] XSS / Form abuse limited with new security feature

[:POSTING:] Quick Reply feature added. On/Off switch for each forum
[:POSTING:] More list options added by using [list=1] / [list=i] / [list=I] / [list=a] / [list=A]
[:POSTING:] New [doHTML] tag added; executes HTML and keeps the original formatting intact.
[:POSTING:] Admin settable word wrap limit - stops long unbroken words from distoring the tables
[:POSTING:] BB Code help screen added, shows common code usage
[:POSTING:] Error screens show text area with any post material in allowing you to copy it before hitting "back"
[:POSTING:] "Pin & Close" added to moderators option list when posting.
[:POSTING:] Ability to add a new attachment to a post when editing
[:POSTING:] Ability to show inline attached images as thumbnails
[:POSTING:] "Enable Topic Tracking" checkbox in each new post / reply post page

[:POLLING:] Topic starter / Super Moderator can create a poll after the topic has been posted
[:POLLING:] Admin setting for the maximum number of poll questions allowed
[:POLLING:] When editing a poll, the editor has an option to add new choices to the poll
[:POLLING:] Admin option to allow members to view poll results without forfeiting their vote

[:SEARCHING:] Full text searching available; vastly reduced searching times and improved efficiency
[:SEARCHING:] View results as post now orders by post date, not topic's last posted date

[:MESSAGING:] Private messages includes better error handler to prevent lost messages when an error occurs
[:MESSAGING:] New "Empty PM Folders" feature to quickly prune saved messages
[:MESSAGING:] Inbox, Sent items and custom folders shown in main UCP menu for quick access

[:ONLINE USERS:] New sorting options added; ability to view only members or guests

merkwannabe
09-27-2003, 03:21 AM
wow.. Good job, Sal there is so much new stuff!!

Phoenix
09-27-2003, 04:05 AM
Sweet, I especially like this new fast reply option. Although I fear spam will become uncontrollable again...

JayChyl
09-27-2003, 07:55 AM
Nah, fast reply have flood control like every other reply.

JayChyl
09-27-2003, 07:56 AM
but for the info, new invision board is faster and more optimized.

JayChyl
09-27-2003, 07:56 AM
forgot to add that they are building version 1.3 I gonna get the latest RC1 soon.

EXEcution
09-27-2003, 10:49 AM
Cool! :thumbs:

Twin])I2agon
09-27-2003, 10:58 AM
Very nice , was about time :P

Crism
09-27-2003, 12:56 PM
yay...now i have to change this damn skin lol

Crism
09-27-2003, 12:59 PM
1) I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED A NEW FORUM SKIN!!!!

2) how do i make this fast reply ALWAYS appear here without clicking it? it's annoying

OUTLAWS high ping camper
09-27-2003, 02:33 PM
Thanks Sal (please pretend there is a picture of a "thumbs up" smiley here)!

Scorch
09-27-2003, 02:34 PM
Nice. :thumbs:

SoulReaver
09-27-2003, 02:36 PM
ok well for the fast reply it should be like gladiators right next to the box in quick reply theres some smilies showing instead of that smilies box
Thnx for the updates :thumbs:

Gun Element
09-27-2003, 02:50 PM
Oh this is sooo cool, I was like OMG when it opened with a new look onto it. :thumbs:

Yellow[GummiBear]
09-27-2003, 02:59 PM
very cool Sal!!! thanks!!

Morpheus
09-27-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Yellow[GummiBear]@Sep 27 2003, 10:59 AM
very cool Sal!!! thanks!!
omfg nice sig man :lol:

C2H5OH Guy
09-27-2003, 05:18 PM
great job :thumbs:

Crism
09-27-2003, 10:44 PM
another problem now is that the attached images are HORRIBLE! i HATE the way they are

merkwannabe
09-27-2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Crism@Sep 27 2003, 02:44 PM
another problem now is that the attached images are HORRIBLE! i HATE the way they are
Can you say ungrateful?

Crism
09-27-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by merkwannabe+Sep 27 2003, 07:14 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (merkwannabe @ Sep 27 2003, 07:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Crism@Sep 27 2003, 02:44 PM
another problem now is that the attached images are HORRIBLE&#33;&nbsp; i HATE the way they are
Can you say ungrateful? [/b][/quote]
lol i liked the forums the way they used to be with the skin that i had...now it&#39;s all gone...i jsut want my skin back the most....and the attachments...

SALvation
09-27-2003, 11:45 PM
It&#39;s not coming back anytime soon so I&#39;m afraid you&#39;ll have to get used to it.

merkwannabe
09-27-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by SALvation@Sep 27 2003, 03:45 PM
It&#39;s not coming back anytime soon so I&#39;m afraid you&#39;ll have to get used to it.
muhahahahahaha.. I mean, that&#39;s too bad Crism :bawling:

Crism
09-28-2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by merkwannabe+Sep 27 2003, 07:50 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (merkwannabe @ Sep 27 2003, 07:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SALvation@Sep 27 2003, 03:45 PM
muhahahahahaha.. I mean, that&#39;s too bad Crism :bawling: [/b][/quote]
quiet you&#33;

<<Hybrid>>
09-28-2003, 11:04 PM
ok now i got it, Gamemecca now have updated forums, hmm sorry guys, but i rtealy hate this skin and i know that alot of GM members hates it, so can admins change it, please? BTW its a good choise to update forums to 1.2, but i dont know what is better there, so just change skin to GM Default blue, please :thumbs:

Sirc
09-28-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by <<Hybrid>>@Sep 28 2003, 07:04 PM
ok now i got it, Gamemecca now have updated forums, hmm sorry guys, but i rtealy hate this skin and i know that alot of GM members hates it, so can admins change it, please? BTW its a good choise to update forums to 1.2, but i dont know what is better there, so just change skin to GM Default blue, please :thumbs:
That skin cannot be used on the new version of the forums. Be patient. There aren&#39;t that many good skins available yet. But they will be coming. :thumbs:

<<Hybrid>>
09-29-2003, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Sirc+Sep 28 2003, 11:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sirc @ Sep 28 2003, 11:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-<<Hybrid>>@Sep 28 2003, 07:04 PM
That skin cannot be used on the new version of the forums. Be patient. There aren&#39;t that many good skins available yet. But they will be coming. :thumbs: [/b][/quote]
ok, but i hope you agree that we need a little darker skin :thumbs: