PDA

View Full Version : Do you need stuff fletched???

Mr Clean
09-29-2003, 05:23 PM
I am up to 520 in Fletching now, and I noticed in these threads many people are using crossbows and longbows. I can make the best bolts and arrows available. Just let me know and I will be more than happy to make them for you. I can also make staffs, crossbows, longbows, and some musical instruments.

Sep I can make much better arrows and bows for you. Shogun if you need bolts let me know.

That is what a guild is for people :cool: :thumbs:

Machine it would be cool if we got that cottage because then I could keep it stocked with arrows and bolts and people could go there and get more when they need to :w00t: ....

Grimmy
09-29-2003, 05:36 PM
can anyone use a musical instrument?? I seen someone use one in DF and it healed people for like 50-65 points. :w00t: If that's the case, hook me up! :jammin:

Mr Clean
09-29-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Grimmy@Sep 29 2003, 11:36 AM
can anyone use a musical instrument?? I seen someone use one in DF and it healed people for like 50-65 points. :w00t: If that's the case, hook me up! :jammin:
So what you are saying is...you are looking for something to blow... :P

j/k

OUTLAWS The Machine
09-29-2003, 05:45 PM
Does it make much differance if they are crush, slash, or trust damage arrows? I have been using the best trust damage arrows that I could get. I guess it depends on the MOB that I am shooting.

Go ahead and make me 500 of the best bolts you can and I'll pay you for them tonight if you are on. Let me know if you need money for training also. :thumbs:

Mr Clean
09-29-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS The Machine@Sep 29 2003, 11:45 AM
Does it make much differance if they are crush, slash, or trust damage arrows? I have been using the best trust damage arrows that I could get. I guess it depends on the MOB that I am shooting.

Go ahead and make me 500 of the best bolts you can and I'll pay you for them tonight if you are on. Let me know if you need money for training also. :thumbs:
I'll have to look and see, I know someone wanted a certain level staff that I couldn't make because (I assume at least )I am not at that level. I'll make the best bolts I can for ya and hopefully they won't be crap... :unsure:

OUTLAWS The Machine
09-29-2003, 05:55 PM
What kind are the best ones you can make? the ones I use are labled Extreme range and damage. They cost 72silver for 20 of them. And I use at least 100-150 a day. :wacko:

OUTLAWS Ada
09-29-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Grimmy@Sep 29 2003, 06:36 PM
I have a lute and can play a healing song. I also have a flute but I dont know how to use that yet. :blink:

Mr Clean
09-29-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS The Machine@Sep 29 2003, 11:55 AM
What kind are the best ones you can make? the ones I use are labled Extreme range and damage. They cost 72silver for 20 of them. And I use at least 100-150 a day. :wacko:
I am not at home so I can't jump in the game right now. Will check later...

OUTLAWS The Machine
09-29-2003, 06:07 PM
:thumbs:

Death Engineer
09-29-2003, 06:29 PM
Mr Clean -- you should be able to make the best bolts in the game. I think it maxes out around skill 500 fletching. The rest of the way (to LGM fletcher) must be done with instruments and staves (which is why there are so few of them).

Ada -- The different instruments are used for different spells. You will need a drum (speed song, power song) a lute (health song) and a flute (mez song) to be a well rounded minstrel.

Machine -- Player crafted bolts make no difference in damage. :( However, the style of bolt you are using will affect the bonus damage to the particular mob you are fighting (ie. if you are using thrust bolts, you would a (+xx) against a mob weak to thrust, a (-xx) for something resistant to thrust, and no bonus against a neutral mob).

OUTLAWS The Machine
09-29-2003, 06:34 PM
@DE - how do I know which are the best, and how do I select different bolts to shoot. I tried putting the different ones on the quick bar and a couple other ways. But the only way I could figure out how to change types of bolts was to put that one on top in my inventory. Too much hassle to change.

@Ada - I have a Mighty Flute for you. It cons yellow to me so I dont know if you can use it now or not.

Death Engineer
09-29-2003, 06:37 PM
Machine -- Basically, just use the most expensive ones for each damage type. Since you are just using them to pull, I wouldn't worry about using the exact type against a particular mob. However, that process is crucial to a scouts success since they do a ton more damage with their longbow.

You are correct, you fire the bolt/arrow that is highest in your inventory.

And don't feel bad about using over 100 arrows a day. Scouts can go through 1000 easily in one evening. :)

DE

OUTLAWS The Machine
09-29-2003, 07:07 PM
What would be the best all around type then? I can do some pretty decent damage with with my crossbow since I have around 20 skill points in it and my crossbow adds another 4 or 5. I usually do over 100 damage with it.

FUS1ON
09-29-2003, 09:22 PM
Lately I have been using some that cost 24s for 20 medium range/extreme damage w/Slash damage.

Clean it would be awesome to have some McDaddy bolts so I don't have to get so close. Please hook me up, I might be able to get off 2 before having to switch to melee. :thumbs:

OUTLAWS The Machine
09-29-2003, 09:51 PM
:rofl:

OUTLAWS Dixie Chick
09-29-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Terminathare+Sep 29 2003, 04:50 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OUTLAWS Terminathare @ Sep 29 2003, 04:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-OUTLAWS The Machine@Sep 29 2003, 11:34 AM
@Ada - I have a Mighty Flute for you. It cons yellow to me so I dont know if you can use it now or not.
If you feel like shopping around to see which fits best...you can check out my mighty flute as well :angel: [/b][/quote]
:rofl: Hey I want in on some of this action&#33; :oooo:

Death Engineer
09-29-2003, 10:19 PM
You armsman types should realize that in the upper 40s, your crossbow is not a damage weapon. I nuke things in SI at level 42 for around 2-300 damage and you can hardly see their life go down.

Crossbows are intentionally weak (comparatively) and their only purpose is to pull (unless soloing). The damage you&#39;re doing with your crossbow could easily be tripled if you used a polearm or 2-handed weapon in one shot (assuming your style works).

Also, I&#39;m sure you guys know this already, but don&#39;t EVER EVER EVER try to use your xbow in RvR. Not only will it do hardly any damage, but a stealther will see you pull it out and will know that you&#39;re gonna stand still long enough for him to pound you hard with positional styles. :)

DE

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
09-29-2003, 10:24 PM
Machine I use the slash bolts found at any merchant.
72 silver for 20.
I&#39;ll take 500 as well Clean

OUTLAWS The Machine
09-30-2003, 02:03 PM
I guess my order is on backorder. :P

Sepra
10-01-2003, 02:52 AM
OMG I could really use some new arrows if you had them :sorcerer: