PDA

View Full Version : Another Question

Sepra
09-30-2003, 04:04 PM
I have a question about my weapons etc.

When I reached level five my yellow armor turned blue and my trainer gave me a yellow longbow. My dirk which I've always had is green. :WTF: Shouldn't everything be the same color?

Also, I'm supposed to have a slash weapon and I dont have one. My dirk is thrust and it's too weak for me. I've tried buying a slash weapon and the merchants keep telling me that I have no use for it :WTF: :wacko: I dont know what to do.

OUTLAWS The Machine
09-30-2003, 04:19 PM
Are you training in thrust or slash? What type of character were you again? Sounds like you need to so shopping. Buy orange stuff and it will last you a couple levels. :thumbs:

Slash
09-30-2003, 04:20 PM
If your dirk is green you should probably.....

call the doctor!! :lol:

Seriously though, everything you have should be at least yellow if not oj. I forgot, what class are you? You must not have thrust ability.

OUTLAWS The Machine
09-30-2003, 04:24 PM
Are you a Mercenary? If you are trained in slash and it will not let you buy a slash weapon then you must be trying to buy a 2-handed sword or a different type of slash weapon. stick to an orange short sword and you should be fine.

What type armor do you have? Not sure when Mercenaries can start wearing chain. :hmmm: What level are you?

Death Engineer
09-30-2003, 09:31 PM
Goodness folks. Seppie is a Scout.

You need to make sure that your melee weapon (sword/dirk/etc) is at least yellow as well as your shield and longbow. If you're going to be soloing, you absolutely must have yellow or better armor as well. If you're grouping, you won't take too many hits and it won't really matter as much. :thumbs:

If you're still having probs in the game, don't hesitate to /as [msg] and ask the alliance for help (assuming no one in /gu [msg] knows the answer).

DE

Sepra
10-01-2003, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by Death Engineer@Sep 30 2003, 05:31 PM
Goodness folks.  Seppie is a Scout. 

You need to make sure that your melee weapon (sword/dirk/etc) is at least yellow as well as your shield and longbow.  If you're going to be soloing, you absolutely must have yellow or better armor as well.  If you're grouping, you won't take too many hits and it won't really matter as much.  :thumbs:

If you're still having probs in the game, don't hesitate to /as [msg] and ask the alliance for help (assuming no one in /gu [msg] knows the answer).

DE
:D Yes I'm a scout.

Ok, I think I have the whole color thing under control.

I'm specializing in slash with the melee but no merchant will let me buy any slash weapons :WTF: I'm still having that problem. They say I have no use for it. Does anyone know why? It sais do you want to buy it anyway. Should I say yes? I've just been saying no because I dont want to spend my money on something that's wrong for me. I dont know what to do but I need a melee really bad because my green dirk is :down:

Death Engineer
10-01-2003, 03:06 AM
I'm not sure what's going on with that. I would probably suggest going with Thrust as you can focus on getting a high Dex stat and that will improve both your melee (for Thrust) and your Bow pull time.

DE

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
10-01-2003, 03:43 AM
I can probally make you a slash sword

Sepra
10-01-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Death Engineer@Sep 30 2003, 11:06 PM
I'm not sure what's going on with that.  I would probably suggest going with Thrust as you can focus on getting a high Dex stat and that will improve both your melee (for Thrust) and your Bow pull time.

DE
Ok, that makes sense.

This is what the section on thrust and slash said...
Thrusting: Faster than Slashing weapons, but do less damage per hit. For Thrusting weapons, increase your Strength and Dexterity.
Slashing: Contributes more to the group per hit. For Slash, only increase your Strength, and ignore Dexterity.

The reason why I chose slash instead of thrust is because in my reading it said Scouts are weak with the melee and I figured I'd go with the stronger of the two actions. I thought maybe it would be more beneficial playing alone and better for a group if I was a bit stronger with the slash. Even though it sais ignore Dex for the slash, I thought I'd get the dex with the bow. This is so confusing :wacko:

How do I change my slashing skill to a thrust? :WTF:

Sepra
10-01-2003, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS WHOCARES@Sep 30 2003, 11:43 PM
I can probally make you a slash sword
Thanx who, that would be great if I dont need to switch to thrust. :jammin:

OUTLAWS The Machine
10-01-2003, 01:07 PM
What type of sword are you trying to buy?

Sepra
10-01-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS The Machine@Oct 1 2003, 09:07 AM
What type of sword are you trying to buy?
I was just trying to get something to use in yellow.

I searched all this morning with the same luck, but of all the merchants I went to, I finally found one that gave me the items without any hastle :WTF: I dont know why? I'm entitled to a slash weapon.

I now have orange armor, orange melee, yellow bow and yellow sheild. I think I'm all set now :jammin:

I bought a sword and an axe because I didnt know if one was better than the other. I was afraid I wouldnt be able to find the merchant again so I got both. Is there a difference between the two weapons (effectiveness) or is it just preference?

OUTLAWS The Machine
10-01-2003, 02:18 PM
You can look at the damage it does. Right click on the item the hit Shift+I and it will give you the Effective DPS. the higher the better.

Death Engineer
10-01-2003, 03:06 PM
One probably swings a bit faster than the other. Doesn't really make a difference in the long run though as long as the effective DPS is the same.

DE

Sepra
10-01-2003, 04:31 PM
Ok thanks guys. I'll check that out the next time I'm playing. :thumbs:

Death Engineer
10-01-2003, 06:14 PM
To answer your other questions:

You can respec (reassign trained spec points) in one line (like slash) at level 20. To do this, approach your trainer and type /respec. It will tell you how to do the rest.

Your decision was a good one based on the info you had. However, most scouts in groups tend to keep their bow out the majority of the time. So there isn't a need to spec in a "stronger" melee skill. Slash will make you a better soloer though. :thumbs:

The reason most scouts go with thrust is because as a Saracen (most scouts choose this race), your Dex increases with your level. So you don't have to worry about trying to increase your Str with items.

DE

Sepra
10-01-2003, 06:19 PM
Thanx DE. :cool:

FUS1ON
10-01-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Death Engineer@Oct 1 2003, 01:14 PM
You can respec (reassign trained spec points) in one line (like slash) at level 20. To do this, approach your trainer and type /respec. It will tell you how to do the rest.

I needed to do that. Since i'm a lvl. 22 now, Is it too late?

Sauron
10-01-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS SHOGUN+Oct 1 2003, 10:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OUTLAWS SHOGUN &#064; Oct 1 2003, 10:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Death Engineer@Oct 1 2003, 01:14 PM
You can respec (reassign trained spec points) in one line (like slash) at level 20.* To do this, approach your trainer and type /respec.* It will tell you how to do the rest.

I needed to do that. Since i&#39;m a lvl. 22 now, Is it too late? [/b][/quote]
even though i&#39;m a non DAoC player i know that u can only respec while lvl 20 and not after u hit 21 :P

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
10-01-2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS SHOGUN+Oct 1 2003, 04:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OUTLAWS SHOGUN @ Oct 1 2003, 04:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Death Engineer@Oct 1 2003, 01:14 PM
You can respec (reassign trained spec points) in one line (like slash) at level 20.&nbsp; To do this, approach your trainer and type /respec.&nbsp; It will tell you how to do the rest.

I needed to do that. Since i&#39;m a lvl. 22 now, Is it too late? [/b][/quote]
Yes it is Sho.
Wait till lev 40 :)

FUS1ON
10-01-2003, 11:37 PM
Well &@#%&#33;&#33;&#33; :D