PDA

View Full Version : sam help

Strider
10-02-2003, 10:41 PM
my computer keeps freezing up while im playing and my player just keeps moving though and i cant control him. none of the buttons on my mouse work, i cant control which way the mouse moves, nor can i get any of the keyboard buttons to work either. this happens about every 45 seconds to 1 minute. i tried a re-install, i have the sticky keys turned off, and i don't know what to do. it's not lag either. my netgraph and ms stay the same when this happens. it usually lasts about 5-10 seconds. can someone help me please...

EXEcution
10-02-2003, 10:45 PM
Did u get a new keyboard or mouse recently?

Die Hard
10-02-2003, 10:46 PM
sorry that's never happened to me :WTF:

Strider
10-02-2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by DaRkAgent@Oct 2 2003, 10:45 PM
Did u get a new keyboard or mouse recently?
no. think beyond the fragile mind please. can't anyone help me plz :WTF:

Sirc
10-02-2003, 11:18 PM
I say your connection is crapping out when that happens. Either that or you have something nasty running in the background. Have you done a virus check and AdAware check lately?

EXEcution
10-02-2003, 11:56 PM
THINKING............THINKING..........
Nope sorry! :P
Is it only with Sam?

Strider
10-03-2003, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Sirc@Oct 2 2003, 11:18 PM
I say your connection is crapping out when that happens. Either that or you have something nasty running in the background. Have you done a virus check and AdAware check lately?
i did a virus scan yesterday when i noticed the problem. no viruses. adware does nothing for me except take up space, i can never seem to find a decent version of adware... but it's not ads that cause this problem... it just freezes and i cant even move... it sucks... :WTF:

merkwannabe
10-03-2003, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by DaRkAgent@Oct 2 2003, 03:56 PM
Is it only with Sam?
Is there any other game?

Strider
10-03-2003, 02:01 AM
no, it doesnt even freeze when im browsing the internet. only when i'm playing sam does this happen.

DiTomasso
10-03-2003, 07:30 AM
I have this problem using email in the background in combination with Norton antivirus.
I closed email while running outher programs.

Grimmy
10-03-2003, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Strider@Oct 2 2003, 08:01 PM
no, it doesnt even freeze when im browsing the internet. only when i'm playing sam does this happen.
remove sam, problem solved :P

get spybot, search n destroy. It will kill spyware, and it's free. Start there. If that doesn't work, throw puter out, get new one :jammin:

Pitbull
10-03-2003, 08:38 AM
Hmmm this is a toughy..Some other application is likely to be the course or it could even be conflicting hardware...Give your system a complete and thorough check..if its not your connection eventually you'll find what is the cause...You might want to examine closely your graphics card as serious SAM is very demanding on the old graphics speed wise...i had similar sort of problem so i exchanged my g-card..now no probs..Hope this helps. :cool:

Grimmy is right also Spy bot does a fine job of removing unwanted nastys..much more thorough than ad-aware.. ;)