PDA

View Full Version : DAoC Mentoring System

OUTLAWS Ada
10-08-2003, 12:58 PM
I thought that we could have a thread where you could request a mentor for any new character that you choose to make sure that you don't go down the wrong path of a character and regret it.

For example - I have needed help getting my new paladin off the ground. It would be good to have a mentor that has a high level paladin character to pm for assistance. I would put up a request and leave it open for someone to volunteer. I know that a lot of reading up and swatting on characters has been done and it would be great to share that info.

What do you guys think of the scheme?

Sepra
10-08-2003, 01:05 PM
That sounds cool. I've already volunteered Clean as my mentor :P I've asked him a ton of questions he's helped me learn my scout. Thanx Clean :wave:

Haze
10-08-2003, 01:19 PM
Good idéa Ada.

I feel like i have every guild member as my mentor, lately i been "sticking" on to
SAS alot :shifty:, aint that right SAS :P

JIMINATOR
10-08-2003, 02:54 PM
hmmm, me being an idiot & all, why not suggest that questions
be asked & answered in one of these forums, that way
others with similar questions can look up the answers...

Death Engineer
10-08-2003, 02:57 PM
I don't mind having mentors assigned so you know you can always get an answer from someone who knows. But like Jim said, it would be better to post the questions in public so others can learn. Chances are that they are having the same kind of problems you are.

DE

OUTLAWS The Machine
10-08-2003, 03:38 PM
Also by posting it you can get a couple of opinions. there are many options on making any class. For example for an armsman you can choose slash, crush, or thrust. You could also do pole arm or 2 handed.

OUTLAWS Ada
10-08-2003, 04:33 PM
Ok, how about a pinned thread for each type as it comes up - like the cleric guide thread etc. So all Paladin questions would be in the Paladin thread? :hmmm:

OUTLAWS The Machine
10-08-2003, 04:45 PM
That is good. But do we want another 12 or so pinned threads. :wacko:

Grimmy
10-08-2003, 05:38 PM
I think that would be kewl, although I can only help out Sorcerers, unless it is something in general. As for the pinned threads, maybe a new forum, like character guides and general stuff to know. Clear this forum out a little on the top.

My sleeping still 2 copper :sleep: :)