PDA

View Full Version : Server Admins

OUTLAWS Jag
10-09-2003, 03:07 AM
Are we sharing IP's with the other Admins from clans that have a server running in SSSE. I have noticed that there are alot more Swimmers around lately. This mybe because that now there are some new servers up like the DS and GR. Maybe they have already been banned from the Outlaws server so they need a new place to hide out. I was just wondering if we were going to share info that we have retreived from our servers with others.

Pitbull
10-10-2003, 07:50 AM
I had a script that showed Swimmers for what they really are...in ss2..ill try to find it...it was a while ago though ..so hopefully its around somewhere. ;)

JIMINATOR
10-10-2003, 08:07 AM
script that does what?

SALvation
10-10-2003, 12:57 PM
We used to have a Server Admin forum but nobody posted there. Would you guys be interested in it coming back?

Sauron
10-10-2003, 02:28 PM
I think a pinned thread with the banned IP's somewhere where only the server admins can go or enable RT access for every server admin would be a good solution! Or if it is possible a thread which only the server admins can see or get in or whatever is possible

Goober
10-10-2003, 02:30 PM
It would be nice but I don't know how much it would be used. One nice thing would be we could post (pin) commonly used commands for servers.....Like how to use Rcon.exe....how to kick or ban players either from the console, rcon or in the startup ini files. Right now I have to go over to Seriously Forums (gasp!!) to ask questions or to do searches on these things. If we are going to share ip's to ban we could either do a private forum (rather not) or pm each other.

Pure_Evil
10-10-2003, 02:42 PM
Would this be for all game server admins, or just SSSE? :hmmm:

Goober
10-10-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Pure_Evil@Oct 10 2003, 09:42 AM
Would this be for all game server admins, or just SSSE? :hmmm:
I would hope it would be for all game admins.

OUTLAWS Jag
10-10-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Goober@Oct 10 2003, 10:30 AM
If we are going to share ip's to ban we could either do a private forum (rather not) or pm each other.
Pming each other back and forth could a long process.

Maybe some type of forum. even if it was not used alot it still would be a good solution. maybe a password protected one would be good. There also could be sub sections for each game that is represented in the clans with servers. That way maybe it would be easier that PMing back and forth to answer queestions. I'm sure slash and goober have gotten sick of hearing from me by now. :rofl:

Just an Idea

OUTLAWS Jag
10-10-2003, 09:21 PM
Also another point to have a server Admin section again would be if it is in the RT I'm sure that someone would start to spam the crap out of the threads and that would defeat the whole purpose of the forum.

Pure_Evil
10-10-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Jag@Oct 10 2003, 05:21 PM
Also another point to have a server Admin section again would be if it is in the RT I'm sure that someone would start to spam the crap out of the threads and that would defeat the whole purpose of the forum.
well said :thumbs: