PDA

View Full Version : website boarder

SIFI
10-27-2002, 05:29 PM
ok an example is the picture below (hopefully) you have a logo a border each link is a picture. how do you make them connect?

Mr Clean
10-28-2002, 09:10 PM
COngrats SIFI! You managed to post a thread that Grimmy did not respond to within 24 hours. You win a lovely all expenses paid trip to Louisiana and a fun weekend of alligator wrestling....

OUTLAWS DirtGod
10-28-2002, 09:18 PM
Sifi right click on page and take a look at the code and see how they do that stuff i use a WYSIWYG and dont ususally right my own code but that would be where i would start

Sirc
10-28-2002, 09:35 PM
[quote:761d094baf="Sifi Sam"]ok an example is the picture below (hopefully) you have a logo a border each link is a picture. how do you make them connect?[/quote:761d094baf]

Hmmm, maybe your Dad knows..... :roll: :P

The simplest way is to break the image up into rectangular sections and place the sections into the cells of a table. The table cells can be sized to fit the individual image sections. Make the cell padding and cell spacing 0 so the pieces fit right up against each other. Its kind of like cutting the big image into a jigsaw puzzle and then putting the pieces back together again. Now each piece can have a unique link associated with it. But it looks like a single image. There is also a way to map links to different locations on an image.

Maybe your old man is useful for something after all, eh? :wink: