PDA

View Full Version : linking 2 computors

Goober
10-27-2002, 09:39 PM
Let me start by saying, I sure do miss Hammer.....He is who I would send this message to..

I have decided not to use my router anymore. It has been giving me constant problems with my internet connection....Hammer has his modem hooked into one of 2 ethernet cards on his computer and the second one hooked up to his second computers ethernet card. I have both cards installed and hooked up but winxp says one is unplugged.....Is the cable between the 2 computers different (like a crossover) than the one hooked to the modem??????
Thanks.........Goober

OUTLAWS The Machine
10-27-2002, 09:48 PM
If it is a direct connection between the 2 cards then I believe it has to be a crossover cable so that the transmit on one end corisponds to the receive on the other. Not 100% sure though. You can email hammer at hammertown@hotmail.com though.

ForrestFunk
10-27-2002, 11:43 PM
machine is right...between routers and pc's are "patch cables" and between 2 pc's u need a "crossover cable"

the cable between comp and modem or router and modem is a patch cable too..so u cant use it to connect 2 pc's :(

Goober
10-27-2002, 11:46 PM
Thanks for the help y'all............(running hastily to the nearest compute supply store)