PDA

View Full Version : Respec question

FUS1ON
10-24-2003, 06:58 PM
I missed my chance to respec at lvl 20 because I forgot like a dummy and have had to live with that mistake for 19 lvls now. Trust me, I WILL NOT miss it this time around. ;) I'm wanting to move the 9* points from Thrust to Sheild so it's equal to 40.

1 - Will all of the points (9) that I currently have in Thrust be moved to Sheild bringing it up to 40 to match my Slash specs?

2 - I know the command is /respec thrust. Will it ask me where I want to apply the 9 points or how does it know?

*I know these values will increase by 1 to 10 at lvl 40.

OUTLAWS The Machine
10-24-2003, 07:52 PM
If you /respec thrust it will just put the points back into your points availible and you can put them where you want to. :thumbs:

FUS1ON
10-24-2003, 08:39 PM
Hmmm ok using that method it would come up to a total of 54 points which won't even let me add 2 spec. points to Shield at this time. :(

+10
-----
54 Total
-33 for 1 Shield spec. point
-----
21 points leftover

Death Engineer
10-24-2003, 09:01 PM
Keep in mind that in the 40s, you get mini-dings. Mini-dings occur when you fill 5 bubbles (half of the whole level) and you get half of your current level in spec points to spend. So at level 40.5 (level 40 with 5 bubbles full) you receive 20 spec points. This should help get your secondary spec lines up to par.

DE

EDIT: Also, are you nearing 40 already. Sheesh. :P

EDIT2: Actually, the above example was correct for a caster because they only get 1x multiplier for spec points. Multiply the 20 spec points times your multiplier (Arms/Pally are both 2.0x).

OUTLAWS The Machine
10-24-2003, 11:04 PM
yeah, mini dings is how I got my shield so high. On the full ding I put 1 in slash and 1 in shield. and on the mini dings I trained in shield.

FUS1ON
10-25-2003, 06:10 AM
Thx guys :wootrock:

FUS1ON
10-28-2003, 07:32 PM
Just a little more info to pass on, All this time I (And apparently all of you too since none of you said anything different) was thinking I was gonna be able to use the points that got put into Thrust (from auto-training) to add to my Shield spec points. WRONG! Sorry folks it don't work that way! :mad:

I used this command /respec thrust and in message box it said Your Thrust skill has been returned to level 10 which was exactly where it was at before I used the respec command as you can see in the pictures. I ended up wasting this chance which happens to have been my last to make a change. It appears that you can only respec points that YOU applied to a certain skill and points applied from auto-training to certain skills stay where they are no matter what. :wacko:

If I had known this before hand I could have respeced the 4 points that I applied to Two-Handed way back when I was thinking of going that way with my toon. I haven't seen this info. mentioned in any of the websites that discuss respecing. :rolleyes:

FUS1ON
10-28-2003, 07:33 PM
Ooops forgot the pic

OUTLAWS The Machine
10-28-2003, 09:46 PM
Those few points will not nake any difference. You really did not even need the respec as far as I can tell.