PDA

View Full Version : Starsky and Hutch, PS2

solid snake295
10-29-2003, 05:54 AM
i just bought this game a couple days ago for no real reason other than its Starsky and Hutch and it only cost $30 (i cant go wrong!)
it turned out to be a half decent game. you play as 2 undercover cops that drive around and smash and shoot stuff. every level is pretty much a police chase with Starsky driving and Hutch hanging out the window with his revolver pumping unlimited amounts of ammo into the chase car. one cool feture is that you can play 2 player, one drives and one shoots, you can also use a steering wheel and light gun witch really puts you in the game. asides from the average (slightly blurry) graphics and Hutch's constant bickening ("put the hammer down starsk!", "quit driving like a rookie starsk!", "im hungery starsk!" and so on..)
its actually a pretty good game. totally worth the $30. its got lots of unlockable cars so theres good replay value there. and instead of that SOOO annoying countdown timer, you get a "viewer rating" if you pull off stunts during the chase (drift corners, shoot red lights to turn them green, jump transport trucks :w00t: )
you will raise your viewer rating witch slowly counts down... but if you keep shooting the bad guys and doing stunts you can easily finish a level with 800+ seconds left.

once i get my memory card back ill do a review of the whole game....

(still waiting for someone to make an A-team game *sigh*)

oh, and so far i give it 7 out of 10 pirates!
:yohoho: :yohoho: :yohoho: :yohoho: :yohoho: :yohoho: :yohoho: :blink: :blink: :blink:

solid snake295
10-29-2003, 06:02 AM
screenies here (http://www.gamespy.com/reviews/september03/starskyandhutchps2/screenshots.shtml)

i like the one in the bottom right where the ford is burning :devil:
DOWN WITH FORD!!! :lol:

Burn the Witch
11-02-2003, 09:27 PM
Its a fun game man, I rented it with a friend, whats cool is if you get a mate round you can set it up so one drives and one aims (manually). We were cracking up, the game has a great feel to it. It was fun just to drive around screaming in a 70's/80's style accent "Watch Out Starsky!", "Look Out Hutch!" :devil: