PDA

View Full Version : does Microsoft email you virus warnings?

Grimmy
11-03-2003, 06:24 PM
I have a friend at work that keeps getting this email from Microsoft. I searched on symantec for the virus, downloaded and ran the patch, and they weren't infected. It looks like a vail email addy, but I never heard of Microsoft email warnings out like this. Should I just have them block that email addy so they don't get it anymore? They get 4-5 a day from them, exact same email. Here is the email.

Grimmy
11-03-2003, 06:26 PM
This is the text that is attached to that email, along with all the other emails they keep getting. What should I do? Block that email? They do virus scans like once a week. :hmmm:

Dissectional
11-03-2003, 07:01 PM
It's spam Grimmy. I get that at work all day, as I have yet to invest in a decent spam blocker. Most of those have virus attachments though, at least the ones that I get. I have my firewall strip any attachments, but I still get almost 20 of those a day.

So, I would try and block/filter that addy, or be real extreme and block anything with the word 'microsoft' in it. They don't make a habit of spamming people about virus activity.

DiTomasso
11-03-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Grimmy@Nov 3 2003, 06:26 PM
This is the text that is attached to that email, along with all the other emails they keep getting. What should I do? Block that email? They do virus scans like once a week. :hmmm:
It is a virus. Microsoft don't send these messages with attachments.
As i read both the pictures, norton already deleted the virus in the attachment.
Just block the adres Grimmy :wave:

Grimmy
11-03-2003, 07:07 PM
Thanks for the input. I was a little conserned about blocking a microsoft email addy, but I thought it was strange that they were emailing them about it. I have never gotten anything like that. I'll be blocking just that email addy, and see what happens from there. :)

Thanks again for your input. :thumbs:

EXEcution
11-03-2003, 07:47 PM
:rofl: Ckeck out that fancy grammar!!

ME BIGGD01
11-03-2003, 09:02 PM
grimmy, tell him not to ever open anything that is from microsoft because it is known that a very bad virus was going around saying it was microsoft and they should click the link to update the patches.

i only know 1 person that was dumb enough to click on it.

Death-Dude
11-03-2003, 11:57 PM
"There are dangerous virus in the internet now!"

All your base are belong to us.

And "Dear , friend" with an extra space after the comma.

If MS did this type of thing, and they don't, they'd at least use proper sentence structure.

solid snake295
11-04-2003, 03:49 AM
lol, ya.
if i dont give my email to someone then im not opening theyre s**t.
and really, does microsoft fix anything? lol