PDA

View Full Version : my week demo is in the mail and commign to my door

death maker
11-04-2003, 02:54 AM
when it comes anyone wana help me get started?? :cool:

OUTLAWS Dixie Chick
11-04-2003, 05:07 AM
The best thing to do is read all the guides and links posted here to be as informed as possible. I will be glad to help. Just type/who Outlaws and it will bring up all the Outlaws playing at the moment. My characters name is Laurelle. Be thinking now what type character you want to be. I think one week is plenty of time to see if you will like it or not. Good luck and let us know when you create your character and what his name is. :thumbs:

Haze
11-04-2003, 07:21 AM
Yes, agree with Dixie on the character, think real real hard what kind of
character u want to play, cause u will playing it for weeks.

Helping out, all outlaws will prolly help u out in way or another, so dont
worry :thumbs:

Sepra
11-04-2003, 02:35 PM
Wow great to hear!! :wootrock: If you need help please do a /send Seprah and I'll be glad to help you out. :wave:

My advice to you at this point is to READ, READ, READ! You will regret it if you rush on your character decision. Example: Choosing the wrong race for your class could be very bad for you. Ask questions, everyone here will help you. Oh and print out the maps!! Very important......

Seriously Stoned was on the DAOC teamspeak with us when he set up his toon and it was really easy to get him started like that. Jag was able to meet him and point him in the right direction. If you have a mic let me know and I can do the same for you.

EDIT: When you get started make sure you join the Albion Realm on the Ingrane Server!

EXEcution
11-04-2003, 02:42 PM
Same here i shouls get my copy from WHO too!

Sepra
11-04-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by DaRkAgent@Nov 4 2003, 09:42 AM
Same here i shouls get my copy from WHO too!
:rofl: You said you dont have time for Sam, Dark. This is 50X more time consuming :rofl:

On another note!!! This is great and lets set up a time when you create your toon and I'll help you out!! :lol:

EXEcution
11-04-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Sepra+Nov 4 2003, 10:58 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sepra @ Nov 4 2003, 10:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DaRkAgent@Nov 4 2003, 09:42 AM
Same here i shouls get my copy from WHO too&#33;
:rofl: You said you dont have time for Sam, Dark. This is 50X more time consuming :rofl:

On another note&#33;&#33;&#33; This is great and lets set up a time when you create your toon and I&#39;ll help you out&#33;&#33; :lol: [/b][/quote]
Bah its 1 week only&#33;

Sepra
11-04-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by DaRkAgent+Nov 4 2003, 11:59 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DaRkAgent @ Nov 4 2003, 11:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Sepra@Nov 4 2003, 10:58 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-DaRkAgent@Nov 4 2003, 09:42 AM
Same here i shouls get my copy from WHO too&#33;

On another note&#33;&#33;&#33; This is great and lets set up a time when you create your toon and I&#39;ll help you out&#33;&#33; :lol:
Bah its 1 week only&#33; [/b][/quote]
so your not going to continue it if you like it? :bawling:

OUTLAWS Jag
11-04-2003, 07:39 PM
Didn&#39;t you just say you were quitting games for school. :oooo:

If you have NO intentions on using the CD. why not let someone else who will use it more try it out. :hmmm:

EXEcution
11-04-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Jag@Nov 4 2003, 03:39 PM
Didn&#39;t you just say you were quitting games for school. :oooo:

If you have NO intentions on using the CD. why not let someone else who will use it more try it out. :hmmm:
Sure i did.
But i don&#39;t have school EVERYDAY&#33;
I did post first in that thread, a while after it was posted so when i saw that no one wanted to play i said to myself "What teh hell, ill jgive it a go" :thumbs:

death maker
11-04-2003, 10:17 PM
okay question: wat server do i log on to?? wat server do u all play? im sooo used to eq.. are the servers simalr to that?

death maker
11-04-2003, 10:21 PM
as for races? what do u recomend... ill TRY to to read as much as possible but hearing opions will help:)

Sepra
11-04-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by death maker@Nov 4 2003, 05:17 PM
okay question: wat server do i log on to?? wat server do u all play? im sooo&nbsp; used to eq.. are the servers simalr to that?
You need to make sure you join the Albion realm on the Ingrane Server ;)

death maker
11-04-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Sepra+Nov 4 2003, 10:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sepra @ Nov 4 2003, 10:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-death maker@Nov 4 2003, 05:17 PM
okay question: wat server do i log on to?? wat server do u all play? im sooo* used to eq.. are the servers simalr to that?
You need to make sure you join the Albion realm on the Ingrane Server ;) [/b][/quote]
ahhh okay thanx man... ;)

Sepra
11-04-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by death maker@Nov 4 2003, 05:21 PM
as for races? what do u recomend... ill TRY to to read as much as possible but hearing opions will help:)
Well, you need to decide on a class before you decide on the race.

If you want to focus on a toon that heals/rez&#39;s then you might want to look into a Cleric or Friar.

If you want a fighter/tank toon then you&#39;d want either a Paladin (can rez at lvl 30), Armsman (also use crossbow) or Mercenary (the fastest of the tanks and use duel weild which is fight with two swords).

There are also Fire and Ice Wizards. All I know about them is that they&#39;re deadly with their powers. :lol:

Sorcerers can mez entire groups :wacko: (not fun if your the group getting mez&#39;d) They use pets to fight for them.

Necromancers that use pets to fight for them and to be honest I dont know what kind of spells a necro does.

Thurgists who summon the elements of the earth awhich is a bunch of pets to fight for them at each kill. Cool toon but is fragile with low HP (hit power)

Scouts use longbow for fighting long distance and sword up close and also have stealth ability. Great for pulling mobs into you from a distance.

Minstrels fight with swords but also cast spells. They can mez, heal and have a rocking speed spell wub that they do. They do these with songs. Minstrels also have stealth.

Infiltrator specs in stealth and has a powerful hit power and the goal for them is sneak attacks (I believe)

After you decide on the class you want to do then you can decide on which race fits your class the best. ;)

This is just the jist of it and is all I can think of. I know there&#39;s a few more classes I missed like the Calabist and Reaver but I dont know what they do. :WTF:

I&#39;m also no expert on the classes cuz I really only know my scout, but I think that some of this info is correct and might be able to help a bit. I&#39;m also probably missing some things about the classes so everyone please add to this from your experience.

Sepra
11-04-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by death maker+Nov 4 2003, 06:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (death maker @ Nov 4 2003, 06:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Sepra@Nov 4 2003, 10:52 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-death maker@Nov 4 2003, 05:17 PM
okay question: wat server do i log on to?? wat server do u all play? im sooo* used to eq.. are the servers simalr to that?
You need to make sure you join the Albion realm on the Ingrane Server ;)
ahhh okay thanx man... ;) [/b][/quote]
NP Chick :P

death maker
11-05-2003, 12:48 AM
woah, thanx sepra.... i think im looking fo a race that can both use magi, heal, and fight

death maker
11-05-2003, 12:49 AM
im kinda turned on by the wizerd race wub i LOVE casting magic :devil: but i also like mele hmmm :hmmm:

death maker
11-05-2003, 12:51 AM
wat ofensive atacks do clerics have?

OUTLAWS Dixie Chick
11-05-2003, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by death maker@Nov 4 2003, 07:51 PM
wat ofensive atacks do clerics have?
Clerics aren&#39;t really a melee class. It&#39;s very hard for them to kill something that cons yellow to them. You can train in smite which is an offensive attack. And there is also stunning flash which can stop the enemy from attacking for a few seconds. Clerics really aren&#39;t made for melee. They are made for healing. If you want to fight as well, maybe a friar or paladin would be a better choice.

death maker
11-05-2003, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Dixie Chick@Nov 5 2003, 02:13 AM
Clerics aren&#39;t really a melee class. It&#39;s very hard for them to kill something that cons yellow to them. You can train in smite which is an offensive attack. And there is also stunning flash which can stop the enemy from attacking for a few seconds. Clerics really aren&#39;t made for melee. They are made for healing. If you want to fight as well, maybe a friar or paladin would be a better choice.
ahh then palidin it will be.. thanx for the help :thumbs:

good desision? i dont wana be paying 15 bucs a month if i play a toon that will suck

OUTLAWS Dixie Chick
11-05-2003, 02:51 AM
Paladins are a good character to be. You can almost always find a group fighting along side an armsmen...they love your endurance chant&#33; You can also rez people at level 30 and of course they can dish out some damage to the mob with their melee skills. Good luck on whatever path you choose. :thumbs:

death maker
11-05-2003, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Dixie Chick@Nov 5 2003, 02:51 AM
Paladins are a good character to be. You can almost always find a group fighting along side an armsmen...they love your endurance chant&#33; You can also rez people at level 30 and of course they can dish out some damage to the mob with their melee skills. Good luck on whatever path you choose. :thumbs:
tanx chick ill need it... once the game (demo) gets in my hands ill be sure to tell everyone and if i like it ill hit the store and get the gold eddition :w00t:

OUTLAWS Tip
11-05-2003, 07:17 AM
I like being a Palidin. You can fight solo. Which I like as the game is so time consuming and you can do other things while getting your health back. People always ask you to group so it is not a problem finding a group. One of the things I like best is being able to rez people. ( I sure needed it a lot at the beginning and still need them) Nice to be able to rez others and have them appreciate it. Although like Dixie said you have to wait till level 30 to do it. I think it was a perfect choice for me. Although I do miss not being able to use the crossbow. (very cool).

:wootrock:

death maker
11-05-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Tip@Nov 5 2003, 07:17 AM
I like being a Palidin. You can fight solo. Which I like as the game is so time consuming and you can do other things while getting your health back. People always ask you to group so it is not a problem finding a group. One of the things I like best is being able to rez people. ( I sure needed it a lot at the beginning and still need them) Nice to be able to rez others and have them appreciate it. Although like Dixie said you have to wait till level 30 to do it. I think it was a perfect choice for me. Although I do miss not being able to use the crossbow. (very cool).

:wootrock:
yeh i can see why u wana be flining rows in the air... but wouldent u wana be casting magic nd healing and junk? more eye candy.. even more effectiveat times... im jus used to playing evr quest, but yea ill try the palidin for the week. if i like it ill stick with it :cool: