PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know anything about......

Fantum309
11-05-2003, 08:35 AM
An internet cafe', a place where you can rent or lease a pc by the hour and browse the internet, using DSL or cable. For gaming or research? Anyone ever heard of such a place? I have heard of a couple of places maybe in NY or some other big city. Just trying to get some information and possible business's for reference.

JIMINATOR
11-05-2003, 08:57 AM
dunno about that. there are lots of places that offer wireless internet
access, like starbucks (don't know what % though) that is bring your
own laptop though. it sounds like you are looking for a bit more... :WTF:

death maker
11-05-2003, 12:50 PM
actualy yes we do i know of at least 2 in Florida... on near clearwater beach and one in down town disney... the ones in downtown disney are free all u hve to do is pay your way in disney quest (a LARGE arcade) very fun place.. and if u have kids they will love it even more cause all u do is pay your way in then the gmes and virtualailty is free all night :)

OUTLAWS 9.99repeating^32
11-05-2003, 12:53 PM
I have one in my old town..I forget what it was called. I think it was $10.00 an hour. Very nice PCs and great to play LAN games on. In fact, that was how I found out about Serious Sam, by playing there ;).

death maker
11-05-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by 9.99repeating^32@Nov 5 2003, 12:53 PM
I have one in my old town..I forget what it was called. I think it was $10.00 an hour. Very nice PCs and great to play LAN games on. In fact, that was how I found out about Serious Sam, by playing there ;).
well, there were glad u played ;) sam kicks ass :jammin:

Fred Bear
11-05-2003, 01:19 PM
never heard of one around here. Try lansing.

Fantum309
11-05-2003, 01:46 PM
The reason I am checking up on this is, my son is interested in setting something like this up. Maybe starting out with 4 kick butt gaming systems, and a couple of systems for browsing and maybe burning cds after downloading data. His idea is to rent out games, game machines but also rent time out for use on the pc's. We found a building that would work in a good location, but, I guess I am the money man, and I thought to seek more information on it first.

If anyone has any information on such a place that I can contact, please PM me. Thanks :thumbs:

SALvation
11-05-2003, 02:12 PM
There definitely aren't many Internet cafes here in Michigan but beware, its a tough business model to follow. The price of licensing and keeping up with technology will cost an arm and a leg.

JIMINATOR
11-05-2003, 02:14 PM
Fantum the money man?? whoa, I have some ideas man!!!

no but really, he may want to consider mixed use purposes.
like hell, sell coffee, cokes, candy & donuts, provide tables,
wireless access for a fee (there are software/devices that
completely automate the purchasing and metering of wireless)
and complete pc rental (with possible new game installs)

Fred Bear
11-05-2003, 02:15 PM
mmmmm sounds like a good idea