PDA

View Full Version : WARCRAFT 3..please HELP

(Villains)****Death Sentence****
11-06-2003, 12:58 PM
please someone help me with some tricks or suggestion regarding this wonderful game? :hmmm:

when a play 1 Vs 1 i always loooooose :bandhead:

(i use human race)

thanx in advance :thumbs:

[EvL]Dakota
11-06-2003, 04:59 PM
Something that may help you is to download other people's replays and learn their strategies. It would also help to save a lot of your own replays and learn from your own mistakes. There is a website out there that people have submitted their strategies to called War3world (http://www.war3world.com) You may want to check that out.

11-06-2003, 05:35 PM
thanx man!

:thumbs:

<<Hybrid>>
11-06-2003, 08:41 PM
strategy skills coming with ages :P

heres a little secret:
at first always think about good base defence, create couple of cheapest army and send to fight. then create bigger etc. etc. try to play 2vs2 (aliassing with bots/players) thats always fun and you got x2 defence :thumbs:

PS. why defence? - they cant rush your buildings and they loosing money and big army when sending it to your good defence :P

11-07-2003, 11:50 AM
thanx Hyb&#33; :thumbs: :drink:

Death-Dude
11-09-2003, 11:13 PM
On the subject of WC3, I have a buddy with a micro ATX board, a Via, and even after bumping his memory to 256, his video card from onboard to a GF FX 5200 PCI, it stills locks up on him in a net game, nearly always. I got a detailed response from BLizzard after giving them an even more detailed explanation of the OS, drivers, etc, and the last thing to try was disabling the onboard sound. Nvidia lists this problem, in The Frozen Throne add-on, as a known issue they hope to address in later drivers. Any brainstorming for alternatives will not be turned away.

Dissectional
11-10-2003, 04:07 PM
I wish that I could help you out, I love that game, but I like to play single player, put in all the cheat codes, and just run over my opposition&#33; :rofl:

Of just sending in an Orc grunt or a Ghoul and watching that one little guy beat the level.

Now, if we were talking about Starcraft... :hmmm:

Static
11-23-2003, 04:59 AM
IF ur playing ppl 1 on 1 online then expect to be rushed.

At the start send 4 peasent to mine gold and one to build altar of kings (u need hero out asap). you should have 5 peasents mining gold and around 7 mining lumber. Build a barracks at same time as altar and a farm or two. soon as barracks is finished get out two footmen... ur hero should b out by this time.

One important thing if u keep dieing to rushes is ur base layout, place ur buildings in spots where it makes it difficult for them to get in to kill your peasents, this will also make it easier for you to trap their hero inside your base.

Make sure to level up ur hero asap by creeping&#33;

continuosly send scouts to the nme base to see what they are doing. if they are teching up and have very little army then attack them and harass their peasents then back off... rinse and repeat.. this will slow down their construction time alot and allow you to build up a bigger army... you should also take note of what units they are going for ( u need to know all the races and units of course) and create units to counter theirs.

Hope this helps.

11-23-2003, 06:00 PM
thanx man&#33; :thumbs:

BobtheCkroach
11-26-2003, 07:56 AM
Best tip I can think of that hasn&#39;t been said...start playing as Night Elves...although, I heard the latest patch kinda crushed their power. They&#39;re awesome, though, totally awesome, especially after some of the stuff they got in FT.

11-26-2003, 12:58 PM
still prefer the human... :unsure:

but i&#39;ll try&#33; :wootrock:

thanx anyway man&#33; :thumbs:

BobtheCkroach
11-26-2003, 04:29 PM
It&#39;s actually been like 6 months since i&#39;ve played it intensely, so maybe i&#39;ll toss a game or two in soon, and then i&#39;ll have real advice...you know the basics to all rts games, right? build a second base quickly, explore fast, stuff like that? I always tried to max out a Mountain King for my first Hero, but that&#39;s just me.

11-26-2003, 06:24 PM
i prefer the paladin, whit resurection i can became almostt invincible :cool: