PDA

View Full Version : csports is dead

Frag Junky
11-09-2003, 06:55 PM
As far as I am concerned, csports is dead. No Way am I going to pay. If I was to pay, I would want a database based on kills to death and win ratios.

With this in mind, a couple of things I have seen is one German server was compiling data from their own servers and posting it, so it is possible.

Second, I believe it was Grand Master Shoniba(sorry for spelling) that posted on GM or Croteam a program to gather data from a server. I have been searching in vain trying to find this program to setup on mine.

If anyone has any serious idea what and where to find this program. I would greatly appreciate it. My goal is to setup a stats page for SPWA Servers.

An idea along this same line, is I think it is time for the games to take control of their own stats. To hell with csports and let the gamers build a stats database that is based on kills to death and win, not time spent. It is a real pain in the butt to be out ranked by Player 1 :rofl:

Fred Bear
11-09-2003, 07:48 PM
I'm not gunna pay.

SALvation
11-09-2003, 09:15 PM
You can create stats by parsing the log file for any Sam game. The problem, however, is that many weapons use the same death message and also each game does not have a unique ID. I'm working with Croteam to include both of these and more in SS2, as they are using my old alias detective program to see how it was done.

merkwannabe
11-09-2003, 09:26 PM
So no more aliases in Sam II? :bawling:

Nitro
11-09-2003, 09:40 PM
let's hope this new stat method will work right :thumbs:

Snip3r
11-09-2003, 11:29 PM
<-----------

T I K
11-10-2003, 03:17 AM
Kewl Sal............. :thumbs:

Frag Junky
11-10-2003, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by SALvation@Nov 9 2003, 09:15 PM
You can create stats by parsing the log file for any Sam game. The problem, however, is that many weapons use the same death message and also each game does not have a unique ID. I&#39;m working with Croteam to include both of these and more in SS2, as they are using my old alias detective program to see how it was done.
This sounds interesting. Would you be willing to share some more details on this.

Frag Junky
11-10-2003, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by Fred Bear@Nov 9 2003, 07:48 PM
I&#39;m not gunna pay.
I see in your signature that your a Hunter. :thumbs: Got mine, but our season is over, got to wait until next year. :bawling: :bawling: I do get my fix by spotlighting and video taping them until spring when they drop. :jammin:

Glad we live in a country that allows hunting. :wootrock: Try this connection. It is a old page I made about three years ago. I just got started on the page, but I don&#39;t have them as a ISP anymore, but I do have my Internet server up and running now, when I get the web page built, I&#39;ll let you know. I got hundreds of hours of video tape of Elk and Deer.

Midnight Muleys (http://users.sisna.com/dmccurdy/)

Fantum309
11-10-2003, 06:42 AM
Fred Bear is gunna love this&#33; :thumbs: