PDA

View Full Version : Gore Pimpage...

Sterl's
11-13-2003, 06:33 PM
Here’s a CULT classic ‘ya may have missed.
The game is called GORE made by 4D Rulers.
1st off let me say it got slammed in the reviews due to the hastily Single Player mode that Dream Catchers insisted they add in. GROE was always meant to be a Muiltiplayer game.

Obviously it’s a FPS game with the basic Rocket launcher & shot gun ect. But it also has some other unique weapons such as a stun gun (drains the stamina of a player slowing them down for the easy frag), a riot gun that also shots gas (which also drains the stamina of a player slowing them down for the easy frag), Sniper have G4’s (they go BOOM) or C4’s (they go POOF and a cloud of gas knocks the player out).

It’s a character-based game with 2 sides, each side has 1 character that evens up with the other sides. Each character has different attributes with each weapon. And even thought you are reliant on ”stamina” it’s fast paced action.

Game modes are, Tact, CTF, DM & TDM (1 of the Gore players also made a Duel Mode).

So if your looking for some cheap action check it out.
GORE DEMO... (http://www.3dgamers.com/games/gore/)

or but iy cheap @
BUY GORE... (http://store.dreamcatcherinteractiv...amp;category=27)

http://www.misfittoysofgore.com/sterls/robot.gif

EXEcution
11-13-2003, 07:37 PM
I've hear od it but never gave it much though.
I'll download the demo and check it out!
:thumbs:

Snip3r
11-14-2003, 05:29 PM
Slice sent me that game and it was terrible IMO

Sterl's
11-14-2003, 06:38 PM
Oh Really Snip3r, he sent you the games as in How??
And I always have to laff @ when some one makes such in-depth statement as “it was terrible IMO”.
Care to share in some detail as to why you felt it to be terrible.
To each his own Dude.

MR. SLiK
11-15-2003, 12:37 AM
when i was on modem, i wasted a overnighter to get the demo. This game wasn't that fun, the same damn enemies over and over, and the graphics were subpar.

Dark Reign
11-15-2003, 12:43 AM
WOW DUDE
MY FAVORITE GAMES ARE THE GAMES WERE YOU SHOOT OTHER PEOPLES.
I LIKE SERIOUS SAM TOO IT IS VERY FUN AND COOL
GOOD THING GORE IS MADE BY HARDCORE lit3 GMAMERS LIKE YOU DUDZ

:devil: :devil: TO EACH HIS OWN DUDE-------DUDE! HAHHAHAA WE DONT NEED TO REASON TO THINK GAME IS TERRIBLE IF IT SUCKS ANYHOW LOL ROFL :rofl: :thumbs: :thumbs: :rofl: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :ghey: :ghey: :rolf1: :ghey: :doh: :doh: :watchmovie: :watchmovie: :watch: :rolf1:

EDIT: PIMPAGE TO THE MAX YO :rolf1: :rolf1:

Slice
11-15-2003, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Sterl's@Nov 14 2003, 02:38 PM
Oh Really Snip3r, he sent you the games as in How??
And I always have to laff @ when some one makes such in-depth statement as “it was terrible IMO”.
Care to share in some detail as to why you felt it to be terrible.
To each his own Dude.
I mailed my store bought version of it because it sucked so bad.

HARLEYRIDER
11-15-2003, 02:15 AM
:blink: HOW?

Slice
11-15-2003, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by HARLEYRIDER@Nov 14 2003, 10:15 PM
Um what do you mean how? I talked to Sniper AKA Andy his real name, and said I have some games that I do not play anymore and got his address and fedexed them to him. There is nothing illegal about it, I actually gave him the games. One of the games I included was Counter Strike and now he has become uber excellent in it.

HARLEYRIDER
11-15-2003, 02:28 AM
meant..How did it suck?...sorry

Snip3r
11-15-2003, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by Slice+Nov 14 2003, 09:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Slice @ Nov 14 2003, 09:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-HARLEYRIDER@Nov 14 2003, 10:15 PM
Um what do you mean how? I talked to Sniper AKA Andy his real name, and said I have some games that I do not play anymore and got his address and fedexed them to him. There is nothing illegal about it, I actually gave him the games. One of the games I included was Counter Strike and now he has become uber excellent in it. [/b][/quote]
Come to bed Slice, I need to brush my teeth with your manjuice :ghey:

Sirc
11-15-2003, 08:28 AM
Heh. Sterl&#39;s and Harley got to meet some of the most cynical GM members in this thread. Don&#39;t worry guys, they always bash any game that they aren&#39;t currently playing.

I did download the demo for Gore and it played pretty well. There are some interesting weapon alt-fires. The graphics are right on par considering the age of the game. If I had the time to play it I definitely would. :thumbs:

Unfortunately my time has been very limited lately, and if I get time to play anything I play my 1st love - Serious Sam. And these very same people are bound to bash SS too. But I couldn&#39;t care less. If they care to play some SS with me I&#39;d be happy to own their butts. :devil:

Looking forward to Painkiller&#33; Can&#39;t wait to get the CD. :wootrock:

Let all Reapers stand together&#33; W00t&#33; :jammin:

Sterl's
11-15-2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Sirc@Nov 15 2003, 02:28 AM
Heh.&nbsp; Sterl&#39;s and Harley got to meet some of the most cynical GM members in this thread.&nbsp; Don&#39;t worry guys, they always bash any game that they aren&#39;t currently playing.

I did download the demo for Gore and it played pretty well.&nbsp; There are some interesting weapon alt-fires.&nbsp; The graphics are right on par considering the age of the game.&nbsp; If I had the time to play it I definitely would.&nbsp; :thumbs:

Ain’t no worries here Sirc, I’m a gamer so I’m more then use to cynical & closed minded people. In the end it’s their lose & not mine & it doesn’t slow me down in pimpin’ a great game.

And I know all to well about limited time, but I will make time for my Beta testing of Pain KIller :rolleyes:

Snip3r
11-15-2003, 05:21 PM
Heh. Sterl&#39;s and Harley got to meet some of the most cynical GM members in this thread. Don&#39;t worry guys, they always bash any game that they aren&#39;t currently playing.

Wow Sirc, I have Gore in my CD shelf right here, and why don&#39;t I have it installed? Because I installed it once, played it for 1 week, and it just got plain boring. The enemies were redundant and their was nothing I had to solve, no where did I say the graphics sucked, they were very good for it&#39;s age but the game was just dull. Nothing surprising, no puzzles you had to solve, like Duke Nukem how you had to get like 583248 secret items in secret rooms etc.

And these very same people are bound to bash SS too. But I couldn&#39;t care less. If they care to play some SS with me I&#39;d be happy to own their butts.

Maybe we bash the game because it sucks? 90% of this community stopped playing that game a long time ago. It&#39;s old, netcode is pathetic, and no one plays it. And when I did play this game Sirc...Who won the tournament hosted by Bigg even when I came in late? GG games get old.

EXEcution
11-15-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Snip3r@Nov 15 2003, 01:21 PM

Wow Sirc, I have Gore in my CD shelf right here, and why don&#39;t I have it installed? Because I installed it once, played it for 1 week, and it just got plain boring. The enemies were redundant and their was nothing I had to solve, no where did I say the graphics sucked, they were very good for it&#39;s age but the game was just dull. Nothing surprising, no puzzles you had to solve, like Duke Nukem how you had to get like 583248 secret items in secret rooms etc.

And these very same people are bound to bash SS too. But I couldn&#39;t care less. If they care to play some SS with me I&#39;d be happy to own their butts.

Maybe we bash the game because it sucks? 90% of this community stopped playing that game a long time ago. It&#39;s old, netcode is pathetic, and no one plays it. And when I did play this game Sirc...Who won the tournament hosted by Bigg even when I came in late? GG games get old.
Whats ur name in SS?

Sterl's
11-15-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Snip3r@Nov 15 2003, 11:21 AM

ROFL @ Snip3r for playing or muchless Judging Gore based on the single player Mode

MR. SLiK
11-15-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Sterl&#39;s+Nov 15 2003, 12:04 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sterl&#39;s @ Nov 15 2003, 12:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Snip3r@Nov 15 2003, 11:21 AM

ROFL @ Snip3r for playing or muchless Judging Gore based on the single player Mode

http://www.misfittoysofgore.com/sterls/robot.gif [/b][/quote]
have you ever heard of different opinions? ****.

MANSON
11-15-2003, 08:21 PM
I played it a long time ago. As far as I can remember it was ok. But as staind says It&#39;s been awhile&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; So can&#39;t really remember. :bandhead:

Snip3r
11-16-2003, 12:11 AM
Im sorry, let me see multiplayer mode...Wow, what a waste of my life.

You know the stamina gauge right? What is the point of having that in a game. I mean, the game is unrealistic enough, you shouldn&#39;t add a stamina gauge, plus how are you supposed to make a game that&#39;s face paced yet has a stamina gauge? In MP mode, every time I jump it&#39;s like STAMINA GAUGE EMPTY and then you try to run but this huge robot is killing you. Very Very fun indeed....:rolleyes:

EXEcution
11-16-2003, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by Snip3r@Nov 15 2003, 08:11 PM

You know the stamina gauge right? What is the point of having that in a game. I mean, the game is unrealistic enough, you shouldn&#39;t add a stamina gauge, plus how are you supposed to make a game that&#39;s face paced yet has a stamina gauge? In MP mode, every time I jump it&#39;s like STAMINA GAUGE EMPTY and then you try to run but this huge robot is killing you. Very Very fun indeed....:rolleyes:
Nothing is as fun as ur avatar Snip3r&#33; :shifty:

Snip3r
11-16-2003, 05:40 AM
<--------

Pure_Evil
11-16-2003, 06:45 AM
Look Mom, another bash SSSE thread

:watchmovie:

Sterl's
11-18-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by DaRkAgent+Nov 15 2003, 10:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DaRkAgent &#064; Nov 15 2003, 10:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Snip3r@Nov 15 2003, 08:11 PM

Nothing is as fun as ur avatar Snip3r&#33; :shifty:[/b][/quote]
Ah must be a Quake, UT or CS player that likes to run around the whole map with a BIG weapon & bunny hop while your at it & never tire out (LOL yeap “now that is realistic isn’t it?&#33;). :P
Stamina based play makes one think & yet it IS still a fast paced game, UT feels like I’m running in “mud” compared to GORE. In fact to get the same feel from UT03 I have to find a server that play @ a speed of 120.

Here’s a Quote from a person form DreamCatchers forums I just pointed in the GORE Direction.

Originally posted by Cain
Also, about Gore: It&#39;s a pretty sweet game, and it is one of the most fast paced FPS&#39;, but the thing is, it&#39;s almost too fast paced&#33; I don&#39;t like the ridiculously fast running speed much. The movement speed that I see in the Painkiller videos seems just right to me.

I&#39;m going to actually have to go buy Gore, since it turns out I don&#39;t own it. --Cain

But like I said before to each his own. :oooo:

He Is Legend
11-18-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Sterl&#39;s+Nov 18 2003, 04:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sterl&#39;s @ Nov 18 2003, 04:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by DaRkAgent@Nov 15 2003, 10:17 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Snip3r@Nov 15 2003, 08:11 PM

Ah must be a Quake, UT or CS player that likes to run around the whole map with a BIG weapon & bunny hop while your at it & never tire out (LOL yeap “now that is realistic isn’t it?&#33;). :P
Stamina based play makes one think & yet it IS still a fast paced game, UT feels like I’m running in “mud” compared to GORE. In fact to get the same feel from UT03 I have to find a server that play @ a speed of 120.

Here’s a Quote from a person form DreamCatchers forums I just pointed in the GORE Direction.

Also, about Gore: It&#39;s a pretty sweet game, and it is one of the most fast paced FPS&#39;, but the thing is, it&#39;s almost too fast paced&#33; I don&#39;t like the ridiculously fast running speed much. The movement speed that I see in the Painkiller videos seems just right to me.

I&#39;m going to actually have to go buy Gore, since it turns out I don&#39;t own it. --Cain

Why do you think they call it UNREAL :loser:

Snip3r
11-19-2003, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Sterl&#39;s+Nov 18 2003, 04:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sterl&#39;s @ Nov 18 2003, 04:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by DaRkAgent@Nov 15 2003, 10:17 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Snip3r@Nov 15 2003, 08:11 PM

....WOW....

The last time you could bunny hop in CS was in version 1.3...That was over 2 years ago....http://www.retnuh.com/images//lastweek.jpg
Unreal Tournament...

EXEcution
11-19-2003, 02:41 AM
They are slow because of al the armor they&#39;re wearing&#33;

Rivers
11-19-2003, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by Snip3r+Nov 15 2003, 02:41 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Snip3r @ Nov 15 2003, 02:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Slice@Nov 14 2003, 09:20 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-HARLEYRIDER@Nov 14 2003, 10:15 PM
Um what do you mean how? I talked to Sniper AKA Andy his real name, and said I have some games that I do not play anymore and got his address and fedexed them to him. There is nothing illegal about it, I actually gave him the games. One of the games I included was Counter Strike and now he has become uber excellent in it.
Come to bed Slice, I need to brush my teeth with your manjuice :ghey: [/b][/quote]
I KNEW IT&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; I mean......that&#39;s nice.....yeah.....NICE...... :oooo:

Slice
11-19-2003, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by Rivers+Nov 18 2003, 11:54 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rivers @ Nov 18 2003, 11:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Snip3r@Nov 15 2003, 02:41 AM

I KNEW IT&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; I mean......that&#39;s nice.....yeah.....NICE...... :oooo: [/b][/quote]
Ha ha, I also sell my man juice. Guaranteed a whiter smile and more protein in your diet too. Call 1-800-slice-me, for only &#036;10,000 an ounce it is a great deal.

FASTway
11-19-2003, 04:16 AM
Ya I like this color text&#33;&#33;&#33; :thumbs:

Rivers
11-19-2003, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Slice+Nov 19 2003, 04:06 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Slice @ Nov 19 2003, 04:06 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Rivers@Nov 18 2003, 11:54 PM

Originally posted by Snip3r@Nov 15 2003, 02:41 AM

I KNEW IT&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; I mean......that&#39;s nice.....yeah.....NICE...... :oooo:
Ha ha, I also sell my man juice. Guaranteed a whiter smile and more protein in your diet too. Call 1-800-slice-me, for only &#036;10,000 an ounce it is a great deal. [/b][/quote]
So THATS how you can afford fancy hotels and plasma TV&#39;s.......... :shifty: