PDA

View Full Version : Serious Boot Beta

Frag Junky
11-18-2003, 05:23 AM
I found and downloaded the file Serious_Boot_Beta.exe.

I installed the program, but nothing happens. Has anyone know how this Bot Mod is supposed to work. :WTF: For the life of me, I have searched and searched, and no where is there any explanation or instruction other then it adds bots to deathmatch.

JIMINATOR
11-18-2003, 06:01 AM
i think you start a fragmatch and then do an addbot()

OUTLAWS high ping camper
11-18-2003, 06:03 AM
Information is available at: seriouszone.com

I would have provided a link.....but it's against the rules to link to other forums. :)

Frag Junky
11-18-2003, 06:33 AM
Well my first mistake was not thinking of loading the mod. :bandhead: hit me like a rock in the head I had to, then I tried Jimiators :thumbs: command and it says it sucessfully loaded a bot, but I run the entire map, and nothing.

The only thing Seriouszone shows it the download. :WTF: the sight is so big, and their search engine will not allow you to enter the full name or it comes back with search string to big WTF.

Trying to setup server stats for my server as well. Got qstat to query my server :wootrock: , so I'm gaining on some of my projects. Now I have to find information on the program called Serious Server Monitor. Same story here, lots of places to download but nothing that tells you what and how to work with the programs.

ow well, getting real late, I will fool with it more tomorrow. Thanks guys, and if you find anything else any of these, let me know.

Thanks for your time :thumbs:

Goober
11-18-2003, 12:04 PM
Here's how I do it.
First you find some sheep...(wait..wrong subject)

1. Load the Serious_Boot mod
2. Start a server with the settings you want. (difficulty mode, number of players etc,) I usually set the "server visible" to no.
3. After you start the game pull down the console and type in /addbot()
press enter.
if you want 3 bots you would type in that command three seperate times.
That should get you going.

Nitro
11-18-2003, 08:01 PM
what are bots used for???

EXEcution
11-18-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by nitrostatic@Nov 18 2003, 04:01 PM
what are bots used for???
Practice? :WTF:

Frag Junky
11-19-2003, 12:45 AM
Got it to work, but man is it ever choppy. Its like having 500+ ping. :bandhead: I run 5 and 6 players on my server all the time with no lag, but 4 bots and me just kills the CPU cycles.

Some of the names of the bots are a hoot, had one named DuckRaper. :oooo:

Two bots are better, and it is fun fragging with them, but they are dumb. Ninja Mode is not a concept they understand. :devil:

BTW, be nice Goober, the Sheep are already nervous. They heard DuckRaper is thinking of changing professions.

Nitro
11-19-2003, 01:33 AM
practice? Naah, i think i'll stick to practicing with humans