PDA

View Full Version : Installing problems

Black Rose
11-22-2003, 03:58 PM
Now I got my new system and yesterday I tried to install UT, but got an critical error. And it suggested to clean the CD and try again.
But same happend. Than I copied the whole game from the old system to the new one... took me one hour. I was able to start the game, the first screen with the UT logo came up, but than I got an error "CD key invalid" :wacko: Please install the game.

Ok after I examined my cd I noticed a little scratch there.
So I bought today the game again, started installing and the same happend :wacko: But the strange thing is that the errors are always different. first it canīt read the file E:\sounds\audio .... than with the second try it canīt read the file E:\maps\supergrego..... and now I got the error like in the screenie.

My new system:
CPU P4 3,0GHz 512kb 800MHz FSB
MBO Supermicro P4SPA+ Intel 865G
4 x 512 DDR RAM
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 256 MB RAM 3D
Soundcard: Audigy 1394
DVD LG 6160B
CDRW LG 52/24/52
Windows XP pro

Maybe someone knows what to do? :unsure: Thanks a lot :wave:

JIMINATOR
11-22-2003, 04:56 PM
in your original unreal system, run regedit.
export the following key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technology\Installed Apps\UT2003]

The finished file should look something like

===================================
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technology\Installed Apps\UT2003]
"Folder"="d:\\UT2003"
"Version"="2225"
"CDKey"="BLAH"
"ADMIN_RIGHTS"="You need to run this program as an administrator, not as a guest or limited user account."
"NO_DISC"="No disc in drive. Please insert the disc labelled 'Unreal Tournament 2003 Play Disc' to continue."
"NO_DRIVE"="No CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive detected."
"TITLEBAR"="Unreal Tournament 2003"
"WRONG_DISC"="Wrong disc in drive. Please insert the disc labelled 'Unreal Tournament 2003 Play Disc' to continue."
"YEAR"="2003"
===================================

copy that ini file to the other system and double click to install.
that may allow you to play, or it might be that other instances of
'unreal' need to be found and copied from the registry.

Black Rose
11-22-2003, 07:14 PM
:w00t: yeepers I canīt believe itīs WORKING :wootrock:

I went into the UT folder from my old system, clicked on the setup and it opened a window. Than my new System stucked and I had to reboot. After this I started installing UT imediately and everything went well.

I know this is crazy but .... who knows whatīs going on in the "brains" from the machines :rolleyes: :rofl:

Thanks for your reply Jim http://www.mysmilie.de/smilies/lieb/3/img/004.gif

Black Rose
11-22-2003, 07:27 PM
oops forgot to mention that my old system is my new drive Z, also connected through cross over with my new system. :wave:

Dissectional
11-22-2003, 07:54 PM
Jiminator, you are the man. I have never had a problem with UT, so I couldn't help you Rose. Sorry.

Jiminator you need to show up on our server some more so's I can beat you down for being such a good dude. :rofl:

Pure_Evil
11-22-2003, 08:57 PM
Rosie... :wootrock: :jammin: :wootrock:

PimpDaddy
11-24-2003, 12:28 AM
Glad you're up and running Rose :thumbs: