PDA

View Full Version : Polearm info a must to read - Wrong info

SASQUATCH
11-24-2003, 07:43 PM
The Armsman skill list at allakhazam is wrong. I’ve list here of the correct skill list.

http://daoc.catacombs.com/display_styles.c...terFriendly=yes (http://daoc.catacombs.com/display_styles.cfm?abilityid=91&PrinterFriendly=yes)

http://www.gatecentral.com/daoc/doc/styles_l1.php?mode=13

Just in case and extra site to check out which many may know of and it's a good place to read up on about toons.

http://www.classesofcamelot.com/misc/Class...es/armsman2.asp (http://www.classesofcamelot.com/misc/ClassGuides/armsman2.asp)

Hammertime
11-24-2003, 11:00 PM
Good to know. thx

OUTLAWS The Machine
11-24-2003, 11:06 PM
I've often thought about repecing to polearm. I do have a respec stone in my vault. Not sure if it is a single line or full respec stone.

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
11-25-2003, 12:21 AM
So far in RVR I have noticed that I hit between 150 to 200 per hit when I can hit them without being mezzed.

I tried a 2-handed slash axe and that hit for the same but alot slower.
So far in RVR I am very pleased with the outcome.
Roughly 4000 points in 2 days.

OUTLAWS The Machine
11-25-2003, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS WHOCARES@Nov 24 2003, 07:21 PM
So far in RVR I have noticed that I hit between 150 to 200 per hit when I can hit them without being mezzed.

But you dont have that many points in 2 handed. And you dont have any good 2 handed styles.

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
11-25-2003, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS The Machine+Nov 24 2003, 07:48 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OUTLAWS The Machine @ Nov 24 2003, 07:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-OUTLAWS WHOCARES@Nov 24 2003, 07:21 PM

But you dont have that many points in 2 handed. And you dont have any good 2 handed styles. [/b][/quote]
Good Point.

SASQUATCH
11-27-2003, 04:57 PM
Polearm are more effective in rvr because if you read at the link it will tell you many things that an armsmen can do and how much damage.

I have been playing with armsmen with my scout and I tell you we make an excellent team with my uncle who is an polearm and he hits hard an wait until he gets to rvr or when he hit&#39;s 50 and plays rvr.

We are closing in to 24 now because we are both 23 and my plan is to play in BG1.

BTW Whocares the night we played rvr w/ blaylock and we was losing badly was because there was a trader in the group or outside the group that was playing on our side against the hibs. Not sure what happen to him but he was kicked out from the battle group chat.

Also I scored in one night over 40,000 points. I could have been at 125,000 but no time and being a GM has many responsibilities.

OZZYOGRE
11-27-2003, 05:32 PM
Ok, I am still a noob, so I wanna just ask a few questions. I have heard every view point which is better, most tell me S/S. So that is how I went. Now I am hearing Polearm. I am a big fan of RvR so I can see the benefits of being a one hit wonder. But, I am already at 35. I have been specced in slash every level and shield about every level, sometimes parry though. So, I was wondering if it was still worth me respeccing at 40, and what would make most since to respec. I have trained a lil in crossbow as well, maybe up to 10. I am trying to figure out also if i am going to respec what should I train in the next few levels, because that could also make a difference in how i respec. I still will have levels 36-39 to train. I was thinking train all my points in polearm the next few levels and then at 40 respec bow to shield. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for all the rambling, i suffer from NSD. (nooby syndrome disorder)

Ozzy :bandhead: :bandhead: :bandhead: :bandhead: :bandhead:

OZZYOGRE
11-27-2003, 05:33 PM
Also, are their polearm glowys :WTF:

Death Engineer
11-27-2003, 10:34 PM
Easy enough. Polearm for RvR, S/S for PvE. :thumbs:

PS. 140k in one night? :shifty: I show you with 711 for the last 7 days and a total of 60k. Link (http://www.camelotherald.com/chardisplay.php?s=Igraine&c=437329)

OZZYOGRE
11-28-2003, 12:09 AM
:bandhead:

SASQUATCH
11-29-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Death Engineer@Nov 27 2003, 05:34 PM
Easy enough.&nbsp; Polearm for RvR, S/S for PvE.&nbsp; :thumbs:

PS.&nbsp; 140k in one night?&nbsp; :shifty:&nbsp; I show you with 711 for the last 7 days and a total of 60k.&nbsp; Link (http://www.camelotherald.com/chardisplay.php?s=Igraine&c=437329)
DE

it&#39;s time you would consider to just make peace with me ok.

I maybe wrong but if I really wanted to score high on it I would and it&#39;s very hard
for a friar to do so.

DE let&#39;s consider the peace that we can look forward doing so that we oneday can join in to group etc.

I know you are still sore at me but maybe it&#39;s time to consider looking for better ways for us to help others and to ourselves.

I have always respected you and I would hate to lose it.

As for the 711 I haven&#39;t been playing much and have not had much time and I would hope you and many of the outlaws in rvr would join or I.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
OZZ we spoke and it was nice talking to you about the armsmen and I believe you have it pretty much in the right direction.

SAS

Death Engineer
11-29-2003, 09:20 PM
Shrug. No war here. I&#39;m over all that happened before. Just pointing out your actual scores somewhat contradicted your statement. It&#39;s all good though. :cool:

SASQUATCH
11-29-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Death Engineer@Nov 29 2003, 04:20 PM
Shrug. No war here. I&#39;m over all that happened before. Just pointing out your actual scores somewhat contradicted your statement. It&#39;s all good though. :cool:
It was a couple of weeks ago when i got close to 40,000 ok.

Do you need proof and should I call the mythic creators and ask for a copy
and send it over to you by mail? :rolleyes:

OZZYOGRE
11-29-2003, 11:25 PM
I can tie my own shoes :jammin:

Death Engineer
11-30-2003, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by SASQUATCH+Nov 29 2003, 05:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SASQUATCH @ Nov 29 2003, 05:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Death Engineer@Nov 29 2003, 04:20 PM
Shrug.&nbsp; No war here.&nbsp; I&#39;m over all that happened before.&nbsp; Just pointing out your actual scores somewhat contradicted your statement.&nbsp; It&#39;s all good though.&nbsp; :cool:

and send it over to you by mail? :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
Bah. You&#39;re the one that continues this thread Sas.

My point was that 100k (much less 140k) is not easily attainable and beyond that, is not likely to happen in one night.

This is my last post in this thread as it is like beating a dead horse into glue.

SASQUATCH
11-30-2003, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by Death Engineer+Nov 29 2003, 08:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Death Engineer &#064; Nov 29 2003, 08:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by SASQUATCH@Nov 29 2003, 05:03 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Death Engineer@Nov 29 2003, 04:20 PM
Shrug.* No war here.* I&#39;m over all that happened before.* Just pointing out your actual scores somewhat contradicted your statement.* It&#39;s all good though.*&nbsp; :cool:

and send it over to you by mail? :rolleyes:
Bah. You&#39;re the one that continues this thread Sas.

My point was that 100k (much less 140k) is not easily attainable and beyond that, is not likely to happen in one night.

This is my last post in this thread as it is like beating a dead horse into glue.[/b][/quote]
For me it&#39;s possible. . . .

Something more productive could have prevented this from your side and that would be something useful for someone who needs to know or learn. Now that approach would have worked instead of questioning me about my realm points.

Try doing that, it might help prevent you from beating on a dead horse into glue.