PDA

View Full Version : GAMEMECCA in a word.

Pathos
11-28-2003, 08:09 PM
SALvation - Scrupulous

FASTway - Direct.

Death Engineer - Verbose.

SIRC - Outspoken

Halo - Composed.

Jiminator - Astute

Burn the Witch - Intense.

Gun Element - Groovy.

Raven - Candid.

Terminathare - Nonchalant

Aries - Classy.

Grimmy - Strident

MR Clean - Sharp.

Merkwannabe - Funky.

Phoenix - Dude!

C2H5OH - Crisp

Sasquatch - Paternal.

High Ping Camper - Heartfelt.

MR. SLiK - Succint.

ME BIGGD01 - Passionate.

Dangerous Dan - Precise.

Lash - Assured

Tip - Lucid.

Slash - Obliging.

Dark Reign - Discerning.

SEXY SWEETFACE - Bubbly.

DICK STEEL - Horny

SoulReaver - ReallyCoolDude

Shogun - Gracious

Spike - Amiable

The Machine - Frank

Dixie Chick - Warm

Crism - Troubled

Slice - Candid

Sepra - Simpatico

Thundarr - Curteous

Scorch - Honest

Goobles - Jocular

Rivers - Distinct

BainSidhe - Canny

Sauron - Wholesome

Fetzer - Smooth

Chico - Fervent

Ultimate Warrior - Savvy

Dan2 - Genuine

Ada - Salient

Jive88 - whimsical

DaRk Agent - Spirited

Black Rose - Vivacious

9.99repeating - Exuberant.

Chan - Pleasant

Fragetti - Crafty.

Whocares - Decisive

DARK LEVIATHAN - Emblematic

Pathos - Banned

This struck me on a whim as a bit of fun... it's certainly meant well. [wink] And while the particulars of my own perspective are perhaps skewed by a sporadic presence of late, i'd imagine most of the above holds true in a generic sense, at least to my mind.

I'm sure i've left a ton of you out. Apologies! [channels total-recall]

Cheers gang! Always fun.

He Is Legend
11-28-2003, 08:20 PM
woah...

I bet you was bored ;)

He Is Legend
11-28-2003, 08:20 PM
Nice work Pathos!!!

EXEcution
11-28-2003, 08:22 PM
No he is a genius!
I mean he has to be cuz i don't know wat half of those words mean! :blink:

LaSH
11-28-2003, 08:23 PM
lol,as alway...great hearing from yah.

merkwannabe
Well done. I can see that someone enjoys playing games with the English language.

Here's a poem that I can somehow still remember from the 7th grade.

"Capacity"

Capacity 26 Passengers

--sign in a bus

Affable, bibulous,

corpulent, dull,

eager-to-find-a-seat,

formidable,

garrulous, humorous,

icy, jejune,

knockabout, laden-

with-luggage (maroon),

mild-mannered, narrow-necked,

oval-eyed, pert,

querulous, rakish,

seductive, tart, vert-

iginous, willowy,

xanthic (or yellow),

young, zebuesque are my

passengers fellow.
John Updike

You'll probably find it funky! :)

MANSON
:rofl:

Cool!

ME BIGGD01
11-28-2003, 08:33 PM
holy moly, that must of taken you along time to put together. thanks :thumbs:

Sepra
11-28-2003, 08:33 PM
Ok, I'll admit it. I had to consult my online websters for the definition of Simpatico :rofl:

BTW thanx Pathos wub and your posts are the best! :drink:

solid snake295
11-28-2003, 09:06 PM
Pathos - R0x0rS
:lol:

SoulReaver
11-28-2003, 10:28 PM
lol nice man how long did that take you? And i was like WTF when it said Soulreaver-ReallyCoolDude

lol but nice job and thnx for putting me in :thumbs:

Thundarr
11-28-2003, 10:31 PM
Thanc Pathos, your posts are always a good read!!!! :thumbs: :wave:

Burn the Witch
11-28-2003, 10:31 PM
Awesome. Intense. Well, back to my Project Gotham 2 Racing Binge!

Burn the Witch
11-28-2003, 10:32 PM
I knew all those words, wheres my medal :) :devil:

SoulReaver
11-28-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Burn the Witch@Nov 28 2003, 06:32 PM
I knew all those words, wheres my medal :) :devil:
Suuurree ya did

OUTLAWS high ping camper
11-28-2003, 11:56 PM
This struck me on a whim as a bit of fun. [wink] (It's certainly meant well.) And while the particulars of my own perspective are perhaps skewed by a sporadic presence of late, i'd imagine most of the above holds true in a generic sense, again at least to my mind. [chuckle]

Pathos you are the funniest person, I have ever had the pleasure to run accross.

You are truly one of the jewels in the GM crown...........I don't know what in the Hell that means......guess I'm just saying that your humor and wit is appreciated. :)
Thank you.

C2H5OH Guy
11-29-2003, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Pathos@Nov 28 2003, 09:09 PM
C2H50H - Crisp
soo true... :cool:
my name is C2H5OH though ;) (not C2H50H :P )

TheUltimateWarrior
11-29-2003, 12:40 AM
Very nice again!! Phatos :lol:

You've outdone yourself once again

Burn the Witch
11-29-2003, 12:47 AM
for the record I would also have accepted --

flaky
skittish
absurd
snotty
spoilt

Sexyjess
11-29-2003, 12:47 AM
lol yaya :P

Black Rose
11-29-2003, 03:47 AM
perfect descriptions Pathos :thumbs:

Pathos - indiscribably brilliant wub

Dan2
11-29-2003, 04:02 AM
Great work Pathos!!! :jammin:
Pathos- keen reader of people. :thumbs:

JIMINATOR
11-29-2003, 04:29 AM
pathos - smarter than me but in a strange way.....

damn, that's more than one word....

I just don't have your skill with words, wtg man!!!

Gun Element
11-29-2003, 07:46 AM
YAY, Im just happy to be on there :D

Fetzer
11-29-2003, 09:20 AM
hehe, nice job! It's been a while.

EXEcution
11-29-2003, 12:40 PM
Pathos is the best!

Goober
11-29-2003, 12:50 PM
I would hazard a guess that there was some Australian beer invovled with that post. Good to hear from you again Pathos. You don't come around often but you sure do make up for it quickly.
Pathos = (insert multi syllable word describing really great guy here)

Aries
11-29-2003, 01:00 PM
Thanks Pathos :thumbs:

Scorch
11-29-2003, 04:33 PM
:thumbs:

Dark Reign
11-29-2003, 06:10 PM
Pathos- Member of the Year

FASTway
11-29-2003, 07:22 PM
:lol:

thaumaturgical

death maker
11-29-2003, 09:23 PM
u forgot meeee

SoulReaver
11-29-2003, 09:56 PM
I dont think he even knows you...

PimpDaddy
11-30-2003, 03:50 AM
...a nice read after some of the more recent (locked) posts :thumbs:

MANSON
11-30-2003, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by death maker@Nov 29 2003, 03:23 PM
u forgot meeee
If you are not on there then you do not want to know what he thinks of you! It is really bad if you do not make the list!!

Oh wait I was not on there either..Hmm forget that last statement!! :drink:

:rofl:

OUTLAWS Dixie Chick
11-30-2003, 05:55 AM
wub wub wub

What a sweetie! Thank you for the kind word and it's wonderful seeing you around again. :wave:

Pathos
11-30-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by C2H5OH Guy@Nov 29 2003, 10:23 AM
First there was... [drum roll] The Incident With Thundarr!

Then came... [music swells] The Biohazard Debacle!

This was quickly followed by... [crack of thunder] The Gimme Banana Affair!

Aaaaaand introducing.... [anticipatory inhalation] The Saga of C2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! [runs around in circles flailing wildly and screaming incoherently]

One day i'll get everyone's name and such right. Promise! It's happened so often now i've decided to scribe the following fairy tale by way of penance:

Once Upon a Time...

There was a magical gaming forum.. frequented by this very un-magical dude... who couldn't quite get anyone's name or gender right.... he smelled bad, twitched occasionally, tended to drool mid-sentence, and generally had an awkward way about him. One day, he met this beautiful Princess! Man was she hot! Unfortunately, the very next day he died violently. The Princess pointed and laughed at his burnt out husk and the locals threw a huge party! The biggest ever in fact!! They danced around his grotesque, misshapen skull and even had yummy cake, a portion of which they saved for the evil DAOC people living yonder way! Consequently, peace reigned, food recipes were exchanged, and everyone bred and lived happily ever after in blissful forum unity.

Years later, the tale of the Very-Un-Magical-Dude © would pass into legend, recalled only in fragments in the wee hours of the night to frighten the little Sal & Jim Jnrs of the cyber world into maintaining a respectable level of forum brevity..

The End.

Man, I'm a sucker for happy endings! Even more so when they're wrapped around a delicious, moral centre. [licks fingers clean] Ie, Sorry C2! I've fixed the initial post. Just to be on the safe side, however, and if it's okay with you, i think i'll stick simply with "C2"! Just don't trust myself. [blandly]

Merk - cool poem. Gave me a laugh! And if you truly remembered all that from so many years distant then i applaud you as well! [clinks wine glass]

Burn the Witch - one word: HAHA! Your initial brace of posts were a crack! (In truth your word was inspired by this great, "intense" book review you once offered.)

Manson and Fastway - you men also gave me a decent chuckle! (And Fast to see you wearing your Sam boots again fills me with grunty-goodness!)

Mr High Ping Camper - sir, vibrant is another word which springs to mind! Your posts of late have been, as ever, nigh on uproarious in that humble, endearing way of yours! (Cool dog pics, too!)!

And to everyone else - thanks for the kudos! Really. I'd love to respond to all individually, but i rant enough as is. Suffice to say you are all FAR too good to me. It's enough to make a semi-grown man blush i says! [hastily wipes a tear that was, ahem, never there]

The time this may have taken is moot given it's you lot which inspires me to begin with! So thank YOU. [thumbs up]

And again, sorry to those i missed - i KNEW i should have simply checked the member listings (as opposed to sitting there plucking aliases out of the air with a maniacal chuckle, an off-key, guttural growl, and a goofy expression on my face). But.. that just seemed like too much work. No, i don't get it either..

Cheers.

JIMINATOR
11-30-2003, 01:51 PM
oh, btw, who is Goobles??

:P

Aries
11-30-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by JIMINATOR@Nov 30 2003, 01:51 PM
oh, btw, who is Goobles??

:P
Grandpa Goober :angel:

Sepra
11-30-2003, 04:08 PM
Seppie loves Goobles wub

SoulReaver
11-30-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Pathos+Nov 30 2003, 08:28 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pathos @ Nov 30 2003, 08:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-C2H5OH Guy@Nov 29 2003, 10:23 AM
First there was... [drum roll] The Incident With Thundarr&#33;

Then came... [music swells] The Biohazard Debacle&#33;

This was quickly followed by... [crack of thunder] The Gimme Banana Affair&#33;

Aaaaaand introducing.... [anticipatory inhalation] The Saga of C2&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE&#33;&#33; [runs around in circles flailing wildly and screaming incoherently]

One day i&#39;ll get everyone&#39;s name and such right. Promise&#33; It&#39;s happened so often now i&#39;ve decided to scribe the following fairy tale by way of penance:

Once Upon a Time...

There was a magical gaming forum.. frequented by this very un-magical dude... who couldn&#39;t quite get anyone&#39;s name or gender right.... he smelled bad, twitched occasionally, tended to drool mid-sentence, and generally had an awkward way about him. One day, he met this beautiful Princess&#33; Man was she hot&#33; Unfortunately, the very next day he died violently. The Princess pointed and laughed at his burnt out husk and the locals threw a huge party&#33; The biggest ever in fact&#33;&#33; They danced around his grotesque, misshapen skull and even had yummy cake, a portion of which they saved for the evil DAOC people living yonder way&#33; Consequently, peace reigned, food recipes were exchanged, and everyone bred and lived happily ever after in blissful forum unity.

Years later, the tale of the Very-Un-Magical-Dude © would pass into legend, recalled only in fragments in the wee hours of the night to frighten the little Sal & Jim Jnrs of the cyber world into maintaining a respectable level of forum brevity..

The End.

Man, I&#39;m a sucker for happy endings&#33; Even more so when they&#39;re wrapped around a delicious, moral centre. [licks fingers clean] Ie, Sorry C2&#33; I&#39;ve fixed the initial post. Just to be on the safe side, however, and if it&#39;s okay with you, i think i&#39;ll stick simply with "C2"&#33; Just don&#39;t trust myself.

Merk - cool poem. Gave me a laugh&#33; And if you truly remembered all that from so many years distant then i applaud you as well&#33; [clinks wine glass]

Burn the Witch - one word: HAHA&#33; Your initial brace of posts were a crack&#33; (In truth your word was inspired by this great, "intense" book review you once offered.)

Manson and Fastway - you men also gave me a decent chuckle&#33; (And Fast to see you wearing your Sam boots again fills me with grunty-goodness&#33;)

Mr High Ping Camper - sir, vibrant is another word which springs to mind&#33; Your posts of late have been, as ever, nigh on uproarious in that humble, endearing way of yours&#33; (Cool dog pics, too&#33;)&#33;

And to everyone else - thanks for the kudos&#33; Really. I&#39;d love to respond to all individually, but i rant enough as is. Suffice to say you are all FAR too good to me. It&#39;s enough to make a semi-grown man blush i says&#33; [hastily wipes a tear that was, ahem, never there]

The time this may have taken is moot given it&#39;s you lot which inspires me to begin with&#33; So thank YOU. [thumbs up]

And again, sorry to those i missed - i KNEW i should have simply checked the member listings (as opposed to sitting there plucking aliases out of the air with a maniacal chuckle, an off-key, guttural growl, and a goofy expression on my face). But.. that just seemed like too much work. No, i don&#39;t get it either..

Cheers. [/quote]
your jsut as good as any of us

Jive88
12-01-2003, 02:30 AM
awesome pathos&#33; thanks for includeing me on the list.

Pathos
12-01-2003, 12:24 PM
I rather suspect Jim knew well the identity of Goobles esquire, and was instead tentatively suggesting i had conceivably stuffed up--- er, that is to say, "misrepresented" yet ANOTHER long-time user alias&#33; [chuckle]

But no, with ol&#39; Goober it&#39;s intentional - the man is an absolute legend and deserves a moniker all his own and more besides. [throws a couple of lusty, appropriately aged wenches his way]

Black Rose
12-01-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Pathos@Dec 1 2003, 01:24 PM
[throws a couple of lusty, appropriately aged wenches his way]
:rofl: :rofl: Have fun Goobles :wootrock:

JIMINATOR
12-01-2003, 02:11 PM
hmmm, actually i was hoping to read about the &#39;gooble debacle&#39; they are
as much fun to read as the original stories.... :P

Death Engineer
12-01-2003, 04:02 PM
Great read Pathos. -2 for inconsistent periods after the words though. :P

Scorch
12-01-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Death Engineer@Dec 1 2003, 04:02 PM
Great read Pathos. -2 for inconsistent periods after the words though. :P
:blink: :shifty:

Goober
12-01-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by JIMINATOR@Dec 1 2003, 09:11 AM
hmmm, actually i was hoping to read about the &#39;gooble debacle&#39; they are
as much fun to read as the original stories.... :P
Not nearly as good as the one about Pathos, Static, a few cases of Aussie Beer and a small herd of Kangaroos. Now that one was funny....or did I dream it?
All I remember for sure is, those two are not allowed into the outback any more.

Oh, and Seppie....I wuv u 2.

Burn the Witch
12-05-2003, 12:39 PM
I wrote a book review? that is so cool, go me&#33;