PDA

View Full Version : totally frustrated

Black Rose
11-29-2003, 11:40 AM
sorry guys but maybe someone can help me.
My new system had some trouble with the sound and stabile running UT2003.
But now I fixed the most things and UT2003 is running great, only sam goes on my nerves.
I installed sam totally new, patched to the 1.07 and copied all from my old system to the new one. (settings, players etc.)
Sam started and I was able to play some minutes...but than it just shut down.
This happend yesterday all the time. Than I deinstalled it and deleted the croteam folder.
Installed all again ..... SAME. :bawling:
Now I made the same procedure but installed the GOLD Edition.....
but sam closes again during the games.
I get an error about a corrupt file from windows with sam :wacko:

This is so frustrating cause people think that I leave the games when I donīt win.
Please I dunno what I can do now. ....well playing DAOC maybe :P

My System:

Mbo Supermicro P4SPA+ Intel 865G
CPU Intel P4 3,0GHz 512kb 800MHz FSB
RAM 4 x 512DDR Ram
VGA Radeon 9800 Pro 256MB RAm 3D
CDR/ DVD LG 8160B 16/48IDE
CDRW LG-W8520B 52/24/52 softW
Maxtor 80 GB UDMA 133 SATA
XP Pro

DiTomasso
11-29-2003, 05:01 PM
Post the error message.
Stupid question: did you clean your registry, get rid of all the SS entry's.

:wave:

Aries
11-29-2003, 05:15 PM
I'm a tech noob but I can say one thing

ssam GOLD edition is already version 1.07 so you probably don't need to patch it :WTF:

DiTomasso
11-29-2003, 05:23 PM
You are using XP pro? also on the old machine???

You are using 4x 512mb sticks, try just two . If your mobo supports dual channel coose the right ones.
:wave:

Black Rose
11-29-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Aries@Nov 29 2003, 06:15 PM
I'm a tech noob but I can say one thing

ssam GOLD edition is already version 1.07 so you probably don't need to patch it :WTF:
LOL I know Aries ;)
First I installed the normal Sam and patched it to 1.07... it wasnīt working....
Than I installed gold edition without patching ...I know it :P

Same happens with both.

Maybe like Ditomasso says the DDR is too much or
the grafic card is too fast and sam canīt handle it.

Maybe :WTF:

I used win98 on the old comp :wave:

Slash
11-29-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Black Rose@Nov 29 2003, 05:40 AM

Please I dunno what I can do now. ....well playing DAOC maybe :P

This is the solution!!! :oooo:

ME BIGGD01
11-29-2003, 07:46 PM
blackrose, is this a built system? i doubt it has anything to do with the amount of ram in the system. goto www.ati.com and download the new catalyst drivers for your video card. also make sure you have the latest chipset drivers for your motherboard. have you installed directx9? just reinstall dirextx9 again incase some files got corrupt. do a windows update to see if anything needs updating.

also if you uninstall sam, make sure you actually delete the folder where sam is. if you do not delete it, all settings will remain in their rgardless if you do a new install. this is probably the problem you are having.

1-uninstall all versions of sam.
2-goto my computer--click on c drive--goto program files--and delete any folder called croteam.

3--reboot
4-reinstal gold edition
5 click on serious sam icon on desktop
5-choose network and click gamemecca server
6--get baptized by me biggd01 :P

7-if problem still occurs, we can set netmeeting and i will clean up registry 4 u

Black Rose
11-29-2003, 08:07 PM
Thanks a lot Biggdo, I will reinstall Direct X and some drivers. Yes itīs a built system.. I told the company what they have to put in ... except the motherboard. This was the suggestion from them.

The other thing with deinstalling sam.. I knew it and did it like you mentioned :P

But it seems the more I play the better sam is running. Finally just some minutes ago I was able to play two games without any problems till the end. :wootrock:

Hopefully sam will get used to the new system. :w00t:

OUTLAWS high ping camper
11-29-2003, 08:07 PM
Have you tried playing "single player" instead of on the net "multiplayer"?

Just want to know if you get booted on single player too.

This could be a firewall issue, or for that matter a "service.exe" problem, if you're only being kicked off while on the net.

Oh, BTW...I'd skip Bigg's step #6. :)

PS. If the error message contains a specific file name, go to google.com and do a search for that file. You will find other people who had to solve the same problem you are experiencing. Good Luck Rose, hope you get it fixed.

merkwannabe
11-29-2003, 08:10 PM
avril lavigne?

Black Rose
11-29-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS high ping camper@Nov 29 2003, 09:07 PM
Have you tried playing "single player" instead of on the net "multiplayer"?

Just want to know if you get booted on single player too.

This could be a firewall issue, or for that matter a "service.exe" problem, if you're only being kicked off while on the net.

Oh, BTW...I'd skip Bigg's step #6. :)
yup single player happend the same :wacko:

it must be a service .exe problem....

Here is a linky to a game in little trouble with Aries and C2...there you can see what happend, there is a screenie with the error...

linky (http://www.gamemecca.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=25037)

OUTLAWS high ping camper
11-30-2003, 03:49 AM
Have you downloaded all of windows patches? There could be a patch that is causing the problem, or you need a patch to stop the problem.

I've never seen that specific error message before, sorry I wasn't much help.

Black Rose
11-30-2003, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS high ping camper@Nov 30 2003, 04:49 AM
Have you downloaded all of windows patches? There could be a patch that is causing the problem, or you need a patch to stop the problem.

I've never seen that specific error message before, sorry I wasn't much help.
Yup I will check the windows patches :thumbs:

Thanks HPC wub wub

SALvation
11-30-2003, 06:17 AM
Install Sam into a different directory than the default one.

Black Rose
11-30-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by SALvation@Nov 30 2003, 07:17 AM
Install Sam into a different directory than the default one.
Finally after installing and deinstalling about 11 times I did it the way you mentioned Sal. And it seemed to work great. I was able to play one game from the beginning till the end. But than the next game sam shut down again. :wacko:

This is so weired.

Than I played some UT2003 with Pure Evil and during the games UT crashed two times also.

The following screenies will show the errors I got. It is really weired cause I have installed the latest drivers, every new window patch, game patch, vid card driver, DirectX 9.0....and so on. ALL !!

But still get this errors.... all the time different ones.... :bandhead:

Black Rose
11-30-2003, 05:47 PM
during playing UT the game crashed and this error showed up:

Black Rose
11-30-2003, 05:48 PM
Now it seems the Radeon isnīt working that great .. I really think I will change the card. :unsure:

BlackWolf
11-30-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Black Rose@Nov 30 2003, 06:48 PM
Now it seems the Radeon isnīt working that great .. I really think I will change the card. :unsure:
i have a Radeon 9800 pro 128 mb and i play UT and SS and i have no problems with that card at all :mellow:

ME BIGGD01
12-11-2003, 12:50 AM
rose, that is the error i get sometimes with my new system when running ati card. vpu error is driving me nut but i think i figured something out but still testing to make sure. i know this is an old thread so let me know if your problems are fixed.