PDA

View Full Version : SOON TOURNAMENT BUT....

ME BIGGD01
12-04-2003, 05:19 AM
hi all :wave:
the verdict is definetly in and a tournament is definetly in the works.

first, i am thinking of some cool ways of running it and have read many of the suggestions that you all posted in the poll.

i was thinking in this tournament that we have several games several nights :thumbs:

now heres whats ticking in the brain cells....

the games (each) will consist of 6 players but :devil: they will be teams such as 2 players from each clan teaming against two other teams of 2 members each. scores will be tallied to make it to the super bowl of sam between the two winning clans.

rules will be addressed further through out the weekend but i will also explain a little of what i think would be fun.

as far as the teams go, they will have to make sure they do not kill each other in the game because deaths from team mates will minus 3 kills. deaths in the game will not matter otherwise unless it is caused by team mate. the two scores will be added together and the team (clan) that has the highest score will advance until all teams have played. each team will have the chance to play 2 games just incase the team has a bad night. avg will show here in this case to the fragger. if a clan is scheduled to play and one of the players does not show up for the scheduled time that they were supposed to play, that is too bad for that clan and the score from the 1 player will be added to clan score. i hope clan leaders will help me here to make sure they have available participants.

before i go further with the rules....
Dangerous dan will be the guest referee to make sure all is going well in the game and also will be recording the game to monitor those deaths by teammates and other rules made.

thanks dd for helping out :thumbs:

here are some other rules i would like to explain. the cannon will not be allowed in any map chosen. why? i have noticed some lag in various servers when someone is cannon slutting. i am fine with the cannon but do not want to take the chance of any lag. i will also want people to choose the dial up setting upon connecting to game server because it makes a big difference and prevents lag. it will amybe make your game play better aswell and you should try this to see how it works. if someone is knocked off a game (f9) reconnect asap and your score will be added after viwing the recording. this will prevent problems or arguments. also there will be no chatting during the game. not even a lol, niceshot, or anything will be tolerated because it may be distracting and also cause some lag. the only talk in the game will be in the beginning when dd says ready, set, go and also after the gamea good sportsmanship gg is always accaptable :thumbs: as far as spamming goes, if that is your way of playing, than go for it but becarefull you do not kill your own teammate :P (this is a perfect way to prevent a pamfull game). the most important rule is to have fun and remember this is just a 20 dollar game that allows us to do these kind of waste of time things yet fun :thumbs:

i am considering using the goldmaps but i never have seen them before. i need to know if there is any problems with using serious runner with them and if enough people have them. i like the idea though but will go with what the majority says and wants.

i would like for the clan leaders to help put this together and make sure they have the players ready. they can have different players for both games and if your clan does well to make it to the playoffs. i hope you will contact me to let me know your clan will participate. i hope all clans participate not just for the competition but for the fun of it. some might hate the game now but it is still fun and who knows, there maybe other game tourneys coming after the succesful outcome of this one.

please post comments in this thread on what you think so i can review to help get this together. :thumbs:

merkwannabe
12-04-2003, 05:53 AM
I really like this idea Big. I didn't want to even participate, but now I'm looking forward to watching or perhaps playing in this tourney. It would have fixed many of the small flaws I saw with the GM tourney, (no offense meant). :)

This should limit spam, but you never know.

FASTway
12-04-2003, 05:59 AM
I don't agree with the minus three for killing a teammate.
I would just add up the plus/minus (kills minus deaths) of each team member, that way killing your teammate counts as zero.

What difficulty setting? I like "hard" setting.

merkwannabe
12-04-2003, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by FASTway@Dec 3 2003, 10:59 PM
Can somebody explain what the difficulty the outlaw's server is and what difficulty we are going to play in is? More shots per death?

Dangerous Dan
12-04-2003, 06:12 AM
hard seems reasonable/logical on the basis of further minimizing the effects of spam

ME BIGGD01
12-04-2003, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by FASTway@Dec 4 2003, 05:59 AM
I would just add up the plus/minus (kills minus deaths) of each team member, that way killing your teammate counts as zero.

i see your point but there are players such as myself that like to jumo into fire fights and i get killed alot because of this. i win many of my games but i always have a high death rate. in all instances, the winner should be the winner and the teamate of that winner will be the actual plus in the win. i feel it's not how you win the game as long as you win fairly. i will see how others feel about it and take everything into consideration. thanks for posting and hope others do aswell.

Jacobs
12-04-2003, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by ME BIGGD01@Dec 4 2003, 05:19 AM
hi all :wave:
the verdict is definetly in and a tournament is definetly in the works.

first, i am thinking of some cool ways of running it and have read many of the suggestions that you all posted in the poll.

i was thinking in this tournament that we have several games several nights :thumbs:

now heres whats ticking in the brain cells....

the games (each) will consist of 6 players but :devil: they will be teams such as 2 players from each clan teaming against two other teams of 2 members each. scores will be tallied to make it to the super bowl of sam between the two winning clans.

rules will be addressed further through out the weekend but i will also explain a little of what i think would be fun.

as far as the teams go, they will have to make sure they do not kill each other in the game because deaths from team mates will minus 3 kills. deaths in the game will not matter otherwise unless it is caused by team mate. the two scores will be added together and the team (clan) that has the highest score will advance until all teams have played. each team will have the chance to play 2 games just incase the team has a bad night. avg will show here in this case to the fragger. if a clan is scheduled to play and one of the players does not show up for the scheduled time that they were supposed to play, that is too bad for that clan and the score from the 1 player will be added to clan score. i hope clan leaders will help me here to make sure they have available participants.

before i go further with the rules....
Dangerous dan will be the guest referee to make sure all is going well in the game and also will be recording the game to monitor those deaths by teammates and other rules made.

thanks dd for helping out :thumbs:

here are some other rules i would like to explain. the cannon will not be allowed in any map chosen. why? i have noticed some lag in various servers when someone is cannon slutting. i am fine with the cannon but do not want to take the chance of any lag. i will also want people to choose the dial up setting upon connecting to game server because it makes a big difference and prevents lag. it will amybe make your game play better aswell and you should try this to see how it works. if someone is knocked off a game (f9) reconnect asap and your score will be added after viwing the recording. this will prevent problems or arguments. also there will be no chatting during the game. not even a lol, niceshot, or anything will be tolerated because it may be distracting and also cause some lag. the only talk in the game will be in the beginning when dd says ready, set, go and also after the gamea good sportsmanship gg is always accaptable :thumbs: as far as spamming goes, if that is your way of playing, than go for it but becarefull you do not kill your own teammate :P (this is a perfect way to prevent a pamfull game). the most important rule is to have fun and remember this is just a 20 dollar game that allows us to do these kind of waste of time things yet fun :thumbs:

i am considering using the goldmaps but i never have seen them before. i need to know if there is any problems with using serious runner with them and if enough people have them. i like the idea though but will go with what the majority says and wants.

i would like for the clan leaders to help put this together and make sure they have the players ready. they can have different players for both games and if your clan does well to make it to the playoffs. i hope you will contact me to let me know your clan will participate. i hope all clans participate not just for the competition but for the fun of it. some might hate the game now but it is still fun and who knows, there maybe other game tourneys coming after the succesful outcome of this one.

please post comments in this thread on what you think so i can review to help get this together. :thumbs:
Damn so i can't play the tournament because i am not in a clan!!! :bawling: :bawling: but it is nice!! :thumbs:

OUTLAWS 9.99repeating^32
12-04-2003, 11:55 AM
Who wants to team with me? Nick? Jacobs? TUW?

Great idea Big. But don't you think it will be hard to tally all the times a teammember kills the other teammember?

Maybe we can have uniforms, like 1 team can be the pink disco guy, the other the green disco guy, and the other sam. Don't forget to turn your "all players are sam" code off though. What do you think about that?

Strider
12-04-2003, 12:43 PM
sounds good :thumbs:

TheUltimateWarrior
12-04-2003, 12:47 PM
Jacobs we are T4M!!! You stupid piece of !!!! :P!!

I dont think I'll be playing anyway, I used to love tourneys, but never participated in one :( :cry: Now I dont care anymore, just Have fun people :D :jammin:

TheUltimateWarrior
12-04-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by FASTway@Dec 4 2003, 06:59 AM

minus 3 is good
cause If i see my team mate in a battle, and he's almost dead
i would just kill him if the score stayes 0 then..........
but if its -3, i will make sure I protect him, which makes the teamplay more fun...

Punisher
12-04-2003, 03:04 PM
Sounds good Bigg. :thumbs:

Now off to hunt someone in my clan that wants to play sam. :oooo:

Sepra
12-04-2003, 03:26 PM
Sounds great Bigg. I will coordinate CF together :wave:

One question, how many players total will I need? Two matches, four players? Not sure how many games are being scheduled.

ME BIGGD01
12-04-2003, 07:33 PM
you can have 2-4 players because your clan will play two games definetly. if your team makes it to the playoffs, your team will need another two players to play those games until eliminated. it does not matter how many players you have aslong as it's 2 players from your clan.

answer in short--you only need 2 players definetly to participate through out the tournament.

EXEcution
12-04-2003, 07:37 PM
Isn't the warped mod for sam team based?

ME BIGGD01
12-04-2003, 07:40 PM
9.99--you can team up with another person but that person will have to be your teammate for all the games. you just solved the problem of "can non clan members participate?".

if you are not in a clanand want to participate, just get intouch with me or ask other non clan members if they want to be your partner.

Death Engineer
12-04-2003, 08:29 PM
I appreciate the efford Big is making to run this tournament. I pity those that will be responsible for keeping up with who shot their teammate and how many times though.

After playing Q3 ultrafreeze, teamplay on sam just seems silly IMHO.

Hope you guys have fun though. Gooooo Mercs. :P

OUTLAWS 9.99repeating^32
12-05-2003, 09:58 PM
Come on, somebody team up with me. Pleaseeeee. LOL.

We'll have fun I promise.

Aries
12-06-2003, 12:40 PM
Two games you say...

Fraglimit?

Timelimit yes or no?

which maps?

btw I don't have the gold maps anymore....can someone send them to me?

what about fireflies (SD)-smurfs (invuln)-pink famingos(SD+invul)-hollow men(Invisi)

CF has its own player models (the duke nukem lookalike you see in my screenies)

I still have to propose this to the clan , but I would like to ask permission to use these in the tournament...to those who don't have that player model these players will look like serious sam

I also suggest that no team should play with badly visible skins like kleer, stainless steel, etc...

Strider
12-06-2003, 04:37 PM
yea, each team should use green garrys or yellow yareks or red ricks/righteous roberts, that way we can easily distinguish the players.

Die Hard
12-06-2003, 08:29 PM
(Rubbing hands in gleeful anticipation)

JIMINATOR
12-06-2003, 09:29 PM
hey, maybe DD should play after all!!!
it would be interesting to see him *not* kill a teammate!!! :P

Phobos
12-06-2003, 11:41 PM
I prefer:

-difficulty hard of serious
-no pups (serious damage, invisibility)
-no cannon
-map = Hole, Little Trouble, Lost Tomb

and the most important: weekend my 1 am (next day)
US time 7pm (6 hours befor "my time")

and especially sundays

thx

OUTLAWS 9.99repeating^32
12-08-2003, 01:31 PM
So when are we starting this thing?