PDA

View Full Version : I need help with this

Fred Bear
12-08-2003, 12:19 AM
I have a DI-604 router and I upgraded the firmware. Ever since then I cant get into the Villains web site to modify it. I can veiw the web site like everyone else but I cant get into the build and edit part. The web site is one with Tripod. Anyone know why?

Grimmy
12-08-2003, 12:25 AM
:hmmm: strange. I believe that I have that same router. Can you FTP to tripod? That is the way that I do it. I know you can use IE to do the same.

Does tripod have a FAQ section?

Fred Bear
12-08-2003, 12:48 AM
if I can I dont know how. I have gotten there from another computer but not mine.

Grimmy
12-08-2003, 02:30 AM
Wonder if you lose a cookie or something, when you upgraded your firmware. There should be some help files on tripod that should be able to help.

If you want I can try here or something. PM me and we can work something out. :cool:

Fred Bear
12-08-2003, 08:13 PM
this have anything to do with it?

Fred Bear
12-08-2003, 08:15 PM
and this? how do I get rid of it?

Grimmy
12-09-2003, 12:58 AM
Shouldn't. If you were able to connect before updating your firmware on your router, chances are that is was there before you updated.

Have you asked D-Link about it? They have a 800 number to call for support.

Fred Bear
12-09-2003, 08:28 AM
grimmy, I have called dlink before and they are a bunch of bozos on that line. Long story but i like the product but the tech support is ........ well without tech! I can get around the net everyplace but the edit and build part of tripod. I wonder if my IP was blocked. I can get on there from other puters but not both of mine.

Grimmy
12-09-2003, 09:14 AM
:hmmm: If you suspect the IP being blocked, might try a /release and then /renew on the router, to give you a new IP, but that would only be a router IP, more then likely your modem (cable/dsl) has the same IP as it did before.

Can you roll back on the firmware on the router?? If so, might want to try that see if that works. As for calling D Link, do some bitching and tell them you want a good techie, worked for me hehe They jacked me around before, told me to call microsoft, was an OS issue when I couldn't surf, but could chat on MSN Messenger, and finally Bigg helped me out. You don't have zone alarm do you? I know that will cause conflicts for sure!

Fred Bear
12-09-2003, 04:47 PM
is the release under the WAN DHCP? I dont have zone alarm or anything like that. Cant roll back the firmware as far as I can tell.

Fantum309
12-09-2003, 05:41 PM
All I can say is....................Linksys! :oooo:

Grimmy
12-09-2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Fred Bear@Dec 9 2003, 10:47 AM
is the release under the WAN DHCP? I dont have zone alarm or anything like that. Cant roll back the firmware as far as I can tell.
Under status, you can release and renew there. If anything the IP your puters get might renew, but your modem will still have the same IP, meaning to your ISP, you still have the same addy (IP).

I am running 2.18 firmware.

Under tools, then misc. everything is enabled except Discard PING from WAN side and DDNS, those are disabled.

Maybe when you updated your firmware, it closed a port that you had open to do your website stuff. Might want to check tripod and look to see if you have to have a port open, then added it to the firewall on the D Link.

Grimmy
12-09-2003, 07:30 PM
Just found this on Tripod's site http://www.tripod.lycos.com/guides/ftp.html

You could use an FTP program to upload all your files. I use SmartFTP, easy to use and free :D Could try that as an alternative.

Fred Bear
12-10-2003, 08:03 AM
grimmy, none of that worked. I guess I'll have to try the FTP.

Grimmy
12-10-2003, 08:59 AM
:hmmm: :WTF: That is very weird. Have you cleared all your cookies and temp internet files? Maybe spyware search n destroy the spyware.

Think you will like FTP better anyways. Drag n drop works very well and saves time :D If ya need help with that, let me know. :cool:

Fred Bear
12-10-2003, 04:09 PM
yep did all of that too.