>"veterans do not meet our area of giving. We only donate to
>the areas of the arts, social actions, gay and lesbian
>causes, and education."
>
>My thought: If the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall and
>veterans in general, do not meet their donation criteria,
>something is wrong at Target. We were not asking for
>thousands of dollars, not even hundreds, but simply
>sponsorship of an endorsement for a memorial remembrance.
>
>
>As follow-up, I E-mailed the corporate headquarters and
>their response was the same. Personally, I will NOT be
>purchasing anything at Target Stores again. If the Vietnam
>Veteran or Veterans in general do not meet their area of
>giving, then! why should I, as a Vietnam veteran, spend my
>hard earned money in their stores?
>
>
>
>Sincerely,
>Veterans Helping Veterans
>(TARGET IS FRENCH OWNED WHAT WOULD YOU EXPECT)
>
>
>PS: Target will also not allow the Marines to collect for
>"Toys For Tots" during the holidays.

Fred Bear
12-09-2003, 08:36 AM
gay and lesbian? But not veterans?

Hobbes
12-09-2003, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Fred Bear@Dec 8 2003, 10:36 PM

:wacko:

Fred Bear
12-09-2003, 08:56 AM
OK read this first and make the desision http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/target.asp (http://Linky)

PimpDaddy
12-09-2003, 11:25 AM
Fred, I was originally outraged too, being a veteran myself, but this e-mail is a big hoax.. The company headquarters is located in Minnesota. I have an e-mail at home that I will post . Target does donate to veterans groups. ...More later

Fantum309
12-09-2003, 02:36 PM
Yeah, I got a similar email yesterday and I immediately did some research, and I found it to be a hoax also. I guess some veterans organization did try to get donations from a store but there was some missunderstanding. I think they have rectified the problem but the email itself is way out of proportion.

I for one wouldn't condemn any business based solely on this type of information alone. It takes quite a bit to discourge me from doing business with someone, like iPod selling equiptment that would cost over $250.00 to replace a damn battery! Now that is worth having a boycott over!

Burn the Witch
12-09-2003, 03:07 PM

This quote proves you are equally, if not more so ignorant than the people in question.

Fred Bear
12-09-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Burn the Witch@Dec 9 2003, 10:07 AM

This quote proves you are equally, if not more so ignorant than the people in question.
I didnt make that statement :hmmm:

Burn the Witch
12-09-2003, 05:17 PM
hmmm, it seems i didn't read that entirely correctly, and now I have, I apologise. :bawling:

ME BIGGD01
12-09-2003, 11:08 PM
what the hell those damn french sons of biatches. ok lets call them freedom fries again :P

yes i am joking

it's e-mail like this that gets distributed and is usually false. i have not received this one yet but got one similiar when 9/11 happend. it was about dunken donuts which here in ny is usually owned by mideastern familes. do not let yourself be fooled because it's very easy to look up information yourself to get the facts. it is usually passed on by someone ignorant and believed by ignorant people that take it serious and ban a company or person without looking into it yourself. i do not think the person is ignorant who posted this but maybe just got fooled for a moment and correct themself after realizing it.

same thing kind of happends in real life when one of your friends points to someone you do not know and says that person is an askhole. you usally will consider tha person an askhole without actually figuring out if he is or not. most of the time they are though :bandhead: :P

PimpDaddy
12-10-2003, 09:36 PM
Fred, if you're still interested (or bored :rofl:) this is the e-mail we got back from Target after inquiring about that spam that you got.................

Dear .....

Thank you for contacting Target Stores to inquire about our support of veterans.
Unfortunately, Target has been the victim of a lengthy e-mail smear campaign initiated by a person who didn't receive a donation that he
requested. This e-mail campaign grossly misrepresents our support of veterans. Due to the nature of the Internet and e-mail communication,
this false information has taken on a life of its own and been perpetuated and modified many times by unknown writers. The National Veterans of Foreign
Wars posted a press release on their Web site on December 6, 2002 to help clarify this issue and show their support of Target at http://www.vfw.org/news/target.htm
Target is owned by Target Corporation, a company based in Minneapolis, Minnesota since it's founding by George Dayton in 1902. Target is not
now and never has been foreign owned. Our company has supported many charitable causes throughout its history, and that includes veterans organizations.
For years, Target hasdonated funds and volunteer hours to local and national veteran and military organizations around the country.
Charitable Giving Examples: Target is a contributor to the World War II Memorial and a sponsor of the national 2003 tour of "The Wall that Heals," a Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund outreach initiative that honors our veterans and has a strong educational component for schools. For more information, please visit the Web site at http://www.vvmf.org/index.cfm?SectionID=3 In addition to supporting veteran and military organizations on a
national scale, we also support local organizations, some of which include: Eastern Paralyzed Veterans Association in Jackson Heights, New York
Hays County Veterans in San Marcos, Texas Kenny Nickelson Memorial Foundation for Homeless Veterans in Manhattan Beach, California
Disabled American Veterans Auxiliaries in Allen Park, Michigan and SantaFe Springs, California Yankee Air Force Museum in Ypsilanti, Michigan
Department of the Army (Fort Hood, Texas)
Reservist Benefits: Target Corporation is proud to count many veterans and military reservists among its more than 300,000 team members nationwide. To help support these team members, Target Corporation provides benefits for activated reservists, including pay differential, that surpass those benefits
required by law. The Reserve Officers Association has recognized our company for these benefits. The National Committee for Employer Support
of the Guard and Reserve also lists Target on their Web site at http://www.esgr.org/employers/outstandingEmployers.asp Giving Policy:
Target gives to diverse causes that reflect all types of guests in a wide variety of communities. While every cause is worthy, Target receives
thousands of grant requests every year and unfortunately is unable to grant funds or partner with every organization. For more information that
describes the guidelines and the application process, visit any Target store and ask for the grants brochure or go to target.com and click on
"Community Giving." Thank you again for taking the time to inquire about this issue. We appreciate your efforts to understand the situation instead of
forwarding misinformation without verification. We wholeheartedly support our veterans and active duty personnel, and we appreciate the opportunity to
personally convey our commitment to you. Please share our information with anyone who has contacted you about this issue.
Sincerely,
Jennifer Hanson
Group Team Leader

ME BIGGD01
12-10-2003, 10:17 PM
PimpDaddy :thumbs: :thumbs:

Fred Bear
12-10-2003, 10:25 PM
sorry about the miss information that I passed along :doh:

Fred Bear
12-10-2003, 10:26 PM
Light travels faster than sound. "That's why some people appear very bright until they speak"
this aplies to me in this case. :rofl:

Thundarr
12-10-2003, 11:04 PM
LOL, Nice research Pimp!! Don't feel bad Fred, I almost fell for it too but Snopes and Hoaxbusters are on my favorites list and I always check them first... :thumbs:

PimpDaddy
12-11-2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Fred Bear@Dec 10 2003, 05:25 PM
sorry about the miss information that I passed along :doh:
hey no problem at all Fred....I felt exactly as you and was ready to boycott. glad to help out.