PDA

View Full Version : Don't really know if my sound problem is....

Fantum309
12-09-2003, 08:42 PM
Software or Hardware?

For some strange reason, just started today, my sound cuts out when I use the canon or even if someone else used the canon. Cuts out when I am on the chain gun too. I tried listening to some MP3's and no problems. I tried turning down the volume under options in the game, but still does it down to 50%. Any ideas?

I already checked my sound card, says it's working properly. I have a sound blaster live! Never had any problems until now.

Haven't added any software or hardware, and I even did a system restore back a couple of days!

JIMINATOR
12-09-2003, 08:49 PM
ummm, have you rebooted?

ME BIGGD01
12-09-2003, 09:14 PM
system restore stinks :wacko:

ok, are you having any other problems with your soundcard other than sam? could it be your speakers? if problem only exists in ss i have two suggestions...

1-stop using the cannon you whore : :lol: P
2-go into sam options and see if your audio settings are correct.

if you are experiencing problems with other programs with the sound card, check to see if there are any updated drivers here your soundcard drivers (http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/)

ME BIGGD01
12-09-2003, 09:19 PM
almost forgot....

does your motherboard have integrated audio? if so, make sure itis disabled along with the midi port.

please list system specs for the most accurate help :thumbs:

Dissectional
12-09-2003, 09:38 PM
Holy crap BIGG, I just read your sig and spit coffee all over my desk.
I am putting that on my self styled 'Wall of Wisdom' here in my cube, with your permission of couse :thumbs:

Death-Dude
12-10-2003, 08:15 PM
I don't know if this is the same sort of problem, but I had some bad crackling in many games, and it was because my sound in Windows was turned all the way up. When I set it down to a little above half, and then turned the speakers up, I was fine.

ME BIGGD01
12-10-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Dissectional@Dec 9 2003, 09:38 PM
Holy crap BIGG, I just read your sig and spit coffee all over my desk.
I am putting that on my self styled 'Wall of Wisdom' here in my cube, with your permission of couse :thumbs:
:lol: permission granted because i heard it from someone and found it amusing myself. :thumbs: