PDA

View Full Version : All the relics

Saretta
12-15-2003, 11:26 AM
are gone!!!!!!

We only had 30!!! Albs who were defending them and about 100 Hibs who took them.

:bandhead: :bandhead: :bandhead:

OZZYOGRE
12-15-2003, 01:49 PM
They took the bar...the whole damn bar :bandhead:

Death Engineer
12-15-2003, 04:30 PM
This was predicted. Many people said if we took any relics, we would end up losing them all. This happens alot.

Goes something like this: One realm takes all the relics.

Now when you have all the relics, you dont' have as many uber guards. I'm talking like level 65 guards at the relic keeps. You lose one for each relic you hold.

So if you're holding 6, you have none (or one). This makes it extremely hard to defend. Also, after a huge relic raid like the one on Sat, most people have to catch up with real life. The hibs have been known to jack the relics in the middle of the night with hundreds of people. With them hitting the doors that many times, it's hard to keep them repaired (and costly!!).

My opinion: I'm glad we stirred the pot, but it took us 6 mos to get the relics back the last time this happened with the hibs.

DE

Slash
12-15-2003, 05:01 PM
We have taken 3 keeps back in a row. The won't be takin Merlin's Staff just yet.

Death Engineer
12-15-2003, 06:06 PM
I should hope not for Merlin's sake! :shifty:

Grimmy
12-15-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Slash@Dec 15 2003, 11:01 AM
We have taken 3 keeps back in a row. The won't be takin Merlin's Staff just yet.
What is that?? Seem some things on the Hearld site about something like that, but have no idea what it is. :unsure:

Death Engineer
12-15-2003, 11:10 PM
Each realm has 7 keeps. The keeps can be claimed by guilds after taking a keep (ie. taking down 2 doors, killing all guards and finally killing the really high level Lord in the central part of the keep).

Now whoever controls the majority of the 21 keeps gets access to the best dungeon in the game for RvR and for Exp (Darkness Falls). This is one reason to take keeps.

However, another reason to take keeps is to reduce the defense at a particular realms relic keeps. There is one elite guard at each relic keep (2 relic keeps: one power and one strength) for each keep that is owned by the home realm. So, for example, if the Hibs were to come and take all of our 7 keeps (as they did last night), it would be much easier to get through the 3 doors to get a relic. (Relics give 10% bonus to Str/Pow realm-wide and are highly coveted -- there are 6 relics...1 str/pow for each realm 2x3 = 6).

You can see who owns the keeps in terms of realm and guilds on the herald page. You can also see who holds which relic.

That's all for storytime today. :P