PDA

View Full Version : Goddamn. I just got my ass royally kicked....

Falkentyne
11-04-2002, 09:16 AM
In a 1v1 UT2k3 game. I lost 1 to 25. Um...

NOT fun.

The person I lost to was MonkeyKin$[Rev].

After a defeat like that, it makes me wonder if I will EVER be good.

Cuz i tried my best and got STOMPED.

I wonder if I should just stick to Chess.
And to think I was going to actually consider going to the CPL UT2k3 tourney in december.....uh....no thanks...I'll save my money and stay home, thank you very much....

How I'd love to be that good....but how? Work on my aim? Sure, extremely hard when you're getting pounded before you can get a weapon and train it on your opponent...or when you DO have a weapon, somehow i'm always below him -_-

Hobbes
11-04-2002, 09:46 AM
Preformance enhancing drugs. Then practice 8 hours a day to learn to properly take advantage of your cracked out state.

Or die and be reborn as a genetic freak with mutant reflexes to be able to play that well. :(

Bah humbug I say.

Sirc
11-04-2002, 09:50 AM
LOL! Welcome to a game where there are many thousands of people actively playing instead of a few hundred. Get used to it. :wink:

OUTLAWS The Machine
11-04-2002, 12:02 PM
Falkentyne - that is why I love instagib so much. You don't have to worry about finding a weapon and picking up health and armor. Ping time is big though. Must be less that 100 to be any fun.

Grimmy
11-04-2002, 05:23 PM
Yea, there are a lot of good people there, or atleast way better then me. Keep practicing and you will get better!

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
11-04-2002, 10:36 PM
Falk play instagib man.
Machine is right it is so much easier not having to find weapons and armor.
If you want pm me and I will set up a few games so you can try it out.

Grimmy
11-05-2002, 12:09 AM
and the redemer gun rules, if you can find it and get to it!

Mr Clean
11-05-2002, 12:56 AM
Too bad for you they don't have a spam gun....

Grimmy
11-05-2002, 12:58 AM
lol, that would kick ass, and be totaly unstoppable and unavoidable! I will tell them on the next patch!

Sacrifice
11-05-2002, 12:59 AM
falk ur probably better than me at ut2003 so dont worry about it

FASTway
11-05-2002, 01:08 AM
Falk,
It is too be expected.
How good you want to be will depend somewhat on your determination and dedication to UT2003.

I for one am only a casual UT2003 player and although I do quite well, every now and again I get totally stomped.

I thought I would be sticking with instagib, but it is getting frustrating playing with my bad ping. Some shots that I goof and know that I missed actually kill my opponent, while some shots that I know nail my opponent in the heart dont count.

I might be trying the rocket arena matches now. You spawn with a rocket launcher and the only weapons are rockets....So lag doesn't matter as much.

I find the best players have mastered the double dodges and double jumps. :)

Grimmy
11-05-2002, 05:34 AM
I know you are way better then me so I won't go there lol