PDA

View Full Version : Fred Bear

Frag Junky
12-23-2003, 07:07 AM
I saw you sneaking through the woods looking for him, but you forgot Scent Blocker and man do your feet stink. :blink: :oooo:

Just joking, figured since you never come to our forums, I would come here and show it to you. As a hunter, you can really appreciate how rare it is to get a buck like this. How would you like to flip a stick at this one.

To the non hunters, sorry, but it is a fact of life.

BOSTON SHOCKER
12-23-2003, 07:28 AM
I used to think hunting was cool

i think its pretty much a cowards sport now u hide up in a tree and wait then you pull a trigger and thats it. you say you have a trophy it would be a trophy if you went down ther with a knife and went toe to toe with it hahah but you would never see that happen cause that deer would kick your ass.

solid snake295
12-23-2003, 07:36 AM
bah, the hell with that. ill one up ya, i dont need a knife, i wrestle a deer to the ground with my bare hands! you just point out the deer and ill kick its a$$ :w00t: (not joking, im up for a challenge) :rofl:

Fred Bear
12-23-2003, 08:17 AM
yea, I saw that one. let me say one thing PHOTOSHOP!
hide in a tree and just shoot it huh? Did you know that a deer can smell 10,000 times better than a human? and he can cypher up to 3 scents at once. Something us humans cant even imagine. They are far from defenceless.
Go ahead and try. Just try to get close enough to a deer to stick it with a bow and arrow much less wrestle it and stab it and such. I bet you cant.

FragJunky, sorry I never make it over to the SPWA forms but I get bussy you know. Thanks for coming here and posting something for me to look at. Heres one for you.

PimpDaddy
12-23-2003, 08:19 AM

ME BIGGD01
12-23-2003, 08:21 AM
until i can not gointo the local supermarket and buy food, i could not see myself killing one of any animals unless i am threatened.

then again nature is just as cruel as humans

BOSTON SHOCKER
12-23-2003, 09:16 AM
:rofl: u say you cant get close thats just a damn poor excuse!!

look at this guy hes ready to battle the great DEER or as its know bye its other name

666 THE HORNED BEAST OF SATAN 666!!!!

solid snake295
12-23-2003, 09:20 AM
:w00t: :rofl: :rofl:

Pure_Evil
12-23-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS BOSTON SHOCKER@Dec 23 2003, 04:16 AM
:rofl:

look at this guy hes ready to battle the great DEER or as its know bye its other name

666 THE HORNED BEAST OF SATAN 666!!!!
No offense Fred, but sometimes B.S. cracks me up :w00t: :rofl:

here's to you O.B.S.

http://wowcow.gunnerx.net/misc/britanim2.gif

Frag Junky
12-23-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Fred Bear@Dec 23 2003, 08:17 AM
yea, I saw that one. let me say one thing PHOTOSHOP!
hide in a tree and just shoot it huh? Did you know that a deer can smell 10,000 times better than a human? and he can cypher up to 3 scents at once. Something us humans cant even imagine. They are far from defenceless.
Go ahead and try. Just try to get close enough to a deer to stick it with a bow and arrow much less wrestle it and stab it and such. I bet you cant.

FragJunky, sorry I never make it over to the SPWA forms but I get bussy you know. Thanks for coming here and posting something for me to look at. Heres one for you.
I figured I would stir it up with this one. :devil: :rofl:

If they have never hunted, they have no idea what they are talking about. I have hunted since I was 16, and I am 49 now. Only missed getting my deer twice in all that time. That is skill. Here in Utah it's wide open ranges hunting Muley's, and if you think it is so easy, then you try it.

For the non hunters, No Big Deal, we play a game where we pretend to kill each other and that is OK. With Deer Hunting, we eat what we kill. Wonder how a Noob would taste with mashed potato's and gravey. :devil:

NO on making it to our forums. Just giving you a hard time.

Frag Junky
12-23-2003, 06:32 PM
BTW Fred, what is the story behind the pic of the one you posted, I'm interested.

Thundarr
12-23-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS BOSTON SHOCKER@Dec 23 2003, 02:28 AM

i think its pretty much a cowards sport now u hide up in a tree and wait then you pull a trigger and thats it. you say you have a trophy it would be a trophy if you went down ther with a knife and went toe to toe with it hahah but you would never see that happen cause that deer would kick your ass.
For many people the purpose of hunting isn't to be cool, it's to help curb out-of-control populations of deer which can be VERY destructive... When there are too many deer, there is not enough food for all of them so they raid farms eating anything they can destroying crops for farmers, they destroy trees by eating the bark off them, they even eat tulip bulbs (they ate 1/2 of Holland, Michigan's crop last year) - Tulip Destruction Link (http://www.thehollandsentinel.net/stories/110403/loc_110403002.shtml) or they just starve to death... :ohmy: Not to mention, there is such a thing as bow hunting too... No gun involved...

Jeez, and then there is the matter of car/deer collisions :blink: According to the Michigan AAA Car-deer crashes in Michigan cause an estimated $130 million in auto repairs each year.... :blink: That's just one state, mind you... :oooo:

Just my 2 cents... I personally do not hunt, however, I definitely have respect and see the need for those who do... Not to mention, venison is YUMMY (if prepared right)!!! :w00t:

Scorch
12-23-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Pure_Evil+Dec 23 2003, 11:14 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pure_Evil @ Dec 23 2003, 11:14 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-OUTLAWS BOSTON SHOCKER@Dec 23 2003, 04:16 AM

666 THE HORNED BEAST OF SATAN 666&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&nbsp;

here&#39;s to you O.B.S.

http://wowcow.gunnerx.net/misc/britanim2.gif [/b][/quote]
:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Frag Junky
12-23-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Thundarr+Dec 23 2003, 06:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Thundarr @ Dec 23 2003, 06:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-OUTLAWS BOSTON SHOCKER@Dec 23 2003, 02:28 AM

i think its pretty much a cowards sport now u hide up in a tree and wait then you pull a trigger and thats it.&nbsp; you say you have a trophy&nbsp; it would be a trophy if you went down ther with a knife and went toe to toe with it hahah but you would never see that happen cause that deer would kick your ass.
For many people the purpose of hunting isn&#39;t to be cool, it&#39;s to help curb out-of-control populations of deer which can be VERY destructive... When there are too many deer, there is not enough food for all of them so they raid farms eating anything they can destroying crops for farmers, they destroy trees by eating the bark off them, they even eat tulip bulbs (they ate 1/2 of Holland, Michigan&#39;s crop last year) - Tulip Destruction Link (http://www.thehollandsentinel.net/stories/110403/loc_110403002.shtml) or they just starve to death... :ohmy: Not to mention, there is such a thing as bow hunting too... No gun involved...

Jeez, and then there is the matter of car/deer collisions :blink: According to the Michigan AAA Car-deer crashes in Michigan cause an estimated &#036;130 million in auto repairs each year.... :blink: That&#39;s just one state, mind you... :oooo:

Just my 2 cents... I personally do not hunt, however, I definitely have respect and see the need for those who do... Not to mention, venison is YUMMY (if prepared right)&#33;&#33;&#33; :w00t: [/b][/quote]
Very True. Game management is essential to the preservation of the species as well. No control and over population can have really bad consequences.

What I think is funny is people move into the deers natural home then call the fish and game department and complain about the deer in their yard. The Deer are so beautiful until it eats there prize flower, then they want it shot for doing what it does naturally.

What a lot of people do not realize is the hunter does more to preserve the species then any one does. Their fee for the permit pays for game management. Volunteer programs build and manage game lands. The herds are more abundant now then they were a 100 years ago. A hundred years ago, the deer were nearly extent in some states.

Another foot note, I spend more time video taping them for my own pleasure then I have ever done hunting them. Check out BadgerCub.com and see. This page is two years old and I have hundreds of hours of video tape since then.

Fred Bear
12-23-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Pure_Evil+Dec 23 2003, 06:14 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pure_Evil @ Dec 23 2003, 06:14 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-OUTLAWS BOSTON SHOCKER@Dec 23 2003, 04:16 AM

666 THE HORNED BEAST OF SATAN 666&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&nbsp;

here&#39;s to you O.B.S.

http://wowcow.gunnerx.net/misc/britanim2.gif [/b][/quote]
whoa Pure where did you get that?

Fred Bear
12-23-2003, 09:23 PM
Fragjunky, nice to have a fellow hunter on this site. I love bow hunting. Dont do much gun hunting for deer. I dont worry about the people that dont understand hunting. I have found that they are shallow and closed minded. Some people would rather just go into the supermarket and buy some "cow" that someone else killed so they dont have to "see" it. They just never think of it that way. I have a anouncement....... ALL MEAT COMES FROM ANIMALS. THEY HAVE TO DIE IN ORDER TO GET IT FROM THEM. But thats OK. When you buy meat at the grocery store it&#39;s kind of like hiring a killer. I belive in something called the circle of life.
The pic of the deer I posted is just one I found on the net.
OBS that pic is so far from what its really like out in the wild that it is unreal.

Nick
12-23-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Fred Bear@Dec 23 2003, 05:23 PM
ALL MEAT COMES FROM ANIMALS. THEY HAVE TO DIE IN ORDER TO GET IT FROM THEM.
:unsure: beign bred and raised in a closed farm and graciously surviving
in the wild are not the same thing to me...
do you know how many species have gone extinct in the last 200 million
years...when we are close to extinction in a few thousand years ..I am sure
humans will rejoice on whatever species will have the wisdom to control our
population... :shifty:

Frag Junky
12-24-2003, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Nick+Dec 23 2003, 09:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nick @ Dec 23 2003, 09:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Fred Bear@Dec 23 2003, 05:23 PM
ALL MEAT COMES FROM ANIMALS.&nbsp; THEY HAVE TO DIE IN ORDER TO GET IT FROM THEM.
:unsure: beign bred and raised in a closed farm and graciously surviving
in the wild are not the same thing to me...
do you know how many species have gone extinct in the last 200 million
years...when we are close to extinction in a few thousand years ..I am sure
humans will rejoice on whatever species will have the wisdom to control our
population... :shifty: [/b][/quote]
OMG, :w00t: What do you mean when.

Can&#39;t you see it is already going on. What about all those Alien Abductions and anal probing. We are already under the microscope and being subjected to controlled breeding by cloning. Soon the only formal way to reproduce is to take a reproduction pill. :bawling: Gee I will miss the ancient life.

Frag Junky
12-24-2003, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by Fred Bear@Dec 23 2003, 09:23 PM
Fragjunky, nice to have a fellow hunter on this site.&nbsp; I love bow hunting.&nbsp; Dont do much gun hunting for deer.&nbsp; I dont worry about the people that dont understand hunting.&nbsp; I have found that they are shallow and closed minded.&nbsp; Some people would rather just go into the supermarket and buy some "cow" that someone else killed so they dont have to "see" it.&nbsp; They just never think of it that way.&nbsp; I have a anouncement....... ALL MEAT COMES FROM ANIMALS.&nbsp; THEY HAVE TO DIE IN ORDER TO GET IT FROM THEM.&nbsp; But thats OK.&nbsp; When you buy meat at the grocery store it&#39;s kind of like hiring a killer.&nbsp; I belive in something called the circle of life.
The pic of the deer I posted is just one I found on the net.
OBS that pic is so far from what its really like out in the wild that it is unreal.
:rofl: Thats good, I like that explanation. :rofl:

Nothing like a venison roast and potato&#39;s. :thumbs:

I know these are nothing to brag about considering how big Mule Deer get, and this is no way all the racks I have, but it is the best ones I have, with the exception of the one my son is holding in his left hand(His First).

All these were taken on the Black Powder Hunt. I used to Bow Hunt until I lost an eye and my depth perception. Now I need something that shots flat and you do not have to figure out yardage.

Fred Bear
12-25-2003, 07:14 AM
for those of you that have to ask Why do hunters kill? (http://hunting.about.com/library/weekly/aa122299.htm?PM=ss12_hunting)

Fred Bear
12-25-2003, 07:15 AM
fragjunky all racks are something to brag about. everyone of them is a trophy. Those look nice.