PDA

View Full Version : KU Server question

Black Rose
01-06-2004, 03:18 PM
I played some instagib on their server ..was pretty cool, but....

while fragging my enemy was gone and came back in another place in the map :wacko: this happens only with the KU guys :wacko:

How can he / she do this? :blink: And especially how can I do it :P

Thanks a lot :wave:

Pure_Evil
01-06-2004, 03:28 PM
They use the translocator. Use your scroll to go between trans and gun. With the trans, primary fire shoots it where you want to be, secondary ffire translocates you there. If you hit primary again, it pics up the little beacon. If someone shoots the little translocator and you try to beam to it, your dead.

Also, you can send the translocator out, switch back to shock rifle, then later go back to trans if you need to bail out and hit secondary fire to beam away. [KU] does this well.

Trans is a weapon too, if you shoot it at the enemy, then beam to it once it's about to hit them, they die, because 2 players can't occupy the same spot.

I hope I got all that right :P :wave:

Nick
01-06-2004, 03:30 PM
wub I love telefrags !! :jammin:

PimpDaddy
01-06-2004, 03:33 PM
Trans takes alot of practice but it is invaluable if you're good at it. Rose, you can practice with it in an instant action game. Just be sure the translocator box is checked and then play some games against bots to get used to it....

PimpDaddy
01-06-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Nick@Jan 6 2004, 10:30 AM
wub I love telefrags !! :jammin:
I do too Nick, but if you're playing IG you might as well keep it on the weapon instead of trying to hit someone with the trans because one shot kills anyway. I don't mean stay on the weapon all of the time, just not use it as a means to get a frag.

Black Rose
01-06-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Pure_Evil@Jan 6 2004, 04:28 PM
If you hit primary again, it pics up the little beacon. If someone shoots the little translocator and you try to beam to it, your dead.

LOL now I know what a little beacon is Pure :rofl: :rofl:
I figured it out and shot it..boom I was dead. :rofl:

woot thanks guys :wootrock: :wave:
:drink:

Nick
01-06-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by PimpDaddy+Jan 6 2004, 11:35 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PimpDaddy @ Jan 6 2004, 11:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Nick@Jan 6 2004, 10:30 AM
wub I love telefrags &#33;&#33; :jammin:
I do too Nick, but if you&#39;re playing IG you might as well keep it on the weapon instead of trying to hit someone with the trans because one shot kills anyway. I don&#39;t mean stay on the weapon all of the time, just not use it as a means to get a frag. [/b][/quote]
I practically only use it when I&#39;m out of ammo...or to reach goodies...
I agree it&#39;s not much use in instagib arenas.... :WTF:

Death-Dude
01-09-2004, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by PimpDaddy+Jan 6 2004, 09:35 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PimpDaddy @ Jan 6 2004, 09:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Nick@Jan 6 2004, 10:30 AM
wub I love telefrags &#33;&#33; :jammin:
I do too Nick, but if you&#39;re playing IG you might as well keep it on the weapon instead of trying to hit someone with the trans because one shot kills anyway. I don&#39;t mean stay on the weapon all of the time, just not use it as a means to get a frag. [/b][/quote]
I hate it, but, then again, I never try to use it. I was going 1-1 with KU-Thoron, and he tried to TF me a bunch, but I stay in the air and moving. He was just having fun with it, as he was thrashing me with the IG rifle. It is a valuable tool for getting around.