PDA

View Full Version : Apple's iTunes

Slice
01-18-2004, 12:31 AM
I have to say that this is one thing that this company did right! I downloaded it yesterday and have already bought an album and 4 additional songs. It is really great to be able to find music that you like and buy it for .99 per song. Or you can buy the whole album and it costs like $2 cheaper then the store most of the time. I love the way it keeps track of your music for you and the ease of playing it back or burning it to disc rocks. Ofcourse it helps to have a cd player in your house and car that can read .m4p but the song can be converted to many formats. It really beats the hell out of the illegal software out there where you don't know what you're getting or if the quality sucks. I am happy to pay .99 per song as long as I don't have to be forced to buy the whole album if I only like a couple songs. :) This gets the Slice approval! :thumbs:

Slice
01-18-2004, 01:13 AM
If anything download it for the cool free music stations they have playing. ;)

EXEcution
01-19-2004, 01:05 AM
I refuse to pay for music.

Death-Dude
01-19-2004, 07:20 PM
What is the quality of the tunes you've gotten from them? I looked at one site, when I got my CD/MP3 player, and it was offering 128 kbps, I thought that was kinda low for legit music.

Dissectional
01-20-2004, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by Death-Dude@Jan 19 2004, 02:20 PM
What is the quality of the tunes you've gotten from them? I looked at one site, when I got my CD/MP3 player, and it was offering 128 kbps, I thought that was kinda low for legit music.
It's 128, but since they are .m4p, I think that the sound quality is much better then an .mp3 of the same bitrate. I really dig iTunes.

Slice
01-20-2004, 03:27 AM
Yup m4p is a better format. The quality is better than cd IMO.

Death-Dude
01-20-2004, 04:09 AM
If legit sites are supplying good quality, I'm all for it. I hope they compete the prices down....I think it's a bit of a rip to charge as much or close as a commercial CD, when you're providing the media and all. For $10 an album, I'd probably go get the CD for $15, and rip it any way I want. I am happy the industry is trying to embrace the advantages of the digital age, though.

Slice
01-20-2004, 04:30 AM
Ya but what is cool is you can just pick the songs you like off the album. If there are filler songs that you don't care for, you don't have to pay for them. These days there are few and far between albums that don't have at least a couple songs you are not crazy about. As far as the media, a cdr is so cheap now and if you are like me with hundreds of cds then you have one of those cd holder books and don't use the case anyway. You do get the album art which you can print. Usually it is just the front cover though. It also keeps track of the albums and how many songs you have purchased on each album.

Rivers
01-20-2004, 08:15 AM
That actually is a cool idea. This is the first time I actually hear of this .99 cents a song aint bad. Beats buying an LP Or single for that matter as singles are usally half the price of the LP.