PDA

View Full Version : Not sure where to post this

SHOTGUNmaniac
01-20-2004, 12:09 AM
Ok, Im trying to set up new software on a host. Ive uploaded all the necassary files. And am getting the following when I try to install :

Warning: mysql_pconnect(): Access denied for user: 'gladiaty@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/www/gladiaty/Nukev2/html/install/newinstall.php on line 37

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /home/www/gladiaty/Nukev2/html/install/newinstall.php on line 38

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/www/gladiaty/Nukev2/html/install/newinstall.php on line 38
Unable to make database

Can anyone help???

Slice
01-20-2004, 12:21 AM
Have you created a table for the database to be installed to?

SHOTGUNmaniac
01-20-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Slice@Jan 20 2004, 12:21 AM
Have you created a table for the database to be installed to?
Now that could actually be my problem....Boy am I stupid. (actually dont answer that) lol...

Thanks Slice, Its the one thing I havent done to be honest, I just tend to get annoyed quickly at error messages. Rather than sit and think...

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction :drink: :thumbs:

Grimmy
01-20-2004, 12:48 AM
Some install files make the DB tables for you. Some you have to do some stuff in there first, and then it makes the rest. Looks like you might have edited a file, with you username and password wrong. I know I have had problems getting the right info in the right place, when editing my paths to the DB and all. Just messing around with it, and then I was able to connect, and install my scripts. :cool:

SHOTGUNmaniac
01-20-2004, 09:18 AM
Thanks both of you, i can get to work now.... :thumbs:

SHOTGUNmaniac
01-20-2004, 09:38 AM
Now I just get the message Unable to create database....Think I might be getting somewhere. Any more help available?

SHOTGUNmaniac
01-20-2004, 09:50 AM
:thumbs: Ok people, you can ignore this now. Thanks for the advice. I sort of got it under control.....thanks again

Twin])I2agon
01-20-2004, 10:46 AM
Warning: mysql_pconnect(): Access denied for user: 'gladiaty@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/www/gladiaty/Nukev2/html/install/newinstall.php on line 37

This normally means u didnt enter the correct password for the DB in ur config.inc.php .... anyway u got it workin now. :thumbs:

SHOTGUNmaniac
01-20-2004, 11:57 AM
Im working, but am struggling creating an admin user account.

I havent done this in a while so im kinda rusty again.....

SHOTGUNmaniac
01-20-2004, 12:59 PM
:thumbs: Ok. Ive manged to upload and get everything running. But 1 last problem, I cant log in, everytime i set up a user account, it tells me Incorrect user details.

Do I need to edit something else to create and admin account?

Or am I just plain stupid....lol (don't need to answer that)

Thanks to every one

SALvation
01-20-2004, 02:08 PM
Usually an admin account is created when you install the software to the site.

SHOTGUNmaniac
01-20-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by SALvation@Jan 20 2004, 02:08 PM
Usually an admin account is created when you install the software to the site.
ok, Do the user details get stored in any particular place where I could view them?

SALvation
01-20-2004, 03:18 PM
Check the database. The password is probably encrypted in the database, but you may be able to find the username.

SHOTGUNmaniac
01-21-2004, 09:25 AM
Thanks guys :thumbs:

Everythings ok. Apart from me changing a theme, now i get this

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: themeheader() in /home/www/gladiaty/header.php on line 188

Im gonna have to start reading up on things.

Glad you guys know more than me.