PDA

View Full Version : shut windows down

Fred Bear
01-21-2004, 08:45 PM
anyone know of a program that I can use to shut windows down at a specified time? Regardless of what my PC is doing? I want to make it shut down while I am at work so my kids dont stay up all night playing. So it needs a password too.

Goober
01-21-2004, 09:05 PM
This could be what your looking for, and it's password protected also.

Shutdown Plus (http://www.1000files.com/Utilities/System_Utilities/ShutDown_Plus_4908_Review.html)

Fred Bear
01-21-2004, 09:10 PM
I'll check it out. thanks Goob

JIMINATOR
01-21-2004, 09:12 PM
hey, there are viruses that can do that, and they are free!!! :devil:

Death Engineer
01-21-2004, 09:31 PM
There's the ol' jerk the plug out-o-the-wall program. That ought to do the trick. For conveinience, you could run an extension cord to your bedroom and attach it to the clapper. :P

<<Hybrid>>
01-21-2004, 09:42 PM
lol

thats trojan&#33;

i am using my NERO burning room to automaticly shutdown PC after CD burning. Damn so much warez CDs burned :shifty:

Slice
01-22-2004, 01:55 AM
You could also use the password protected screensaver. Then put a password in your bios for boot up. This way if they tried to restart the computer they have to enter a password for the system to even post.

Grimmy
01-22-2004, 06:37 AM
Hide the keyboard n mouse.

Otherwise to be more sneaky, install some remote software, and then check it from another puter once in a while. RealVNC or TightVNC (they are inerchangable) and have the server start up when you boot your machine up, then at work, run the viewer and you can move the mouse and everything, ask if you were there. Play games back on em. Like back up a folder, and then deleted it, and ask them if they were on the puter. You are missing a very important folder. :shifty: :devil:

Fred Bear
01-23-2004, 07:28 AM
I dont have a computer at work, I cant pull the plug out of the wall, I dont want a virus, The screensaver idea wont work because I want them to be able to use the puter up until a certain time. The shutdown plus sounds like it might be a option.