PDA

View Full Version : World of Warcraft

SALvation
01-21-2004, 09:51 PM
Have any of you guys been keeping an eye out for World of Warcraft from Blizzard? GameSpy had a fantastic preview and the game looks like it is going to follow the Blizzard pattern of sucking millions of gamers into their web.

Preview (http://www.gamespy.com/landing/wow/)

It has the addictive qualities of a MMORPG but it seems like it adds a whole lot more. The game actually has goals and a story which the player is involved with, along with 1400+ quests. Blizzard says they are getting rid of the "sandbox" philosophy where players are forced to make their own goals and making WoW an actual game instead of just a "social experiment".

This game looks like it will contend for the MMORPG crown when its released in June-ish and I think I'll be one of the many people in line for it. Any of you guys have it on your radar or plan on jumping over when its released?

Death Engineer
01-21-2004, 10:51 PM
I have heard lots of good things about WoW (as it's known around various forums). It will have to stand the test of time in order for me to give it a shot. I wasn't a big Warcraft fan and was heavily disappointed with their last attempt at an RTS.

Being new to MMORPGs could give them enough perspective to put out a really fresh look at the genre. On the other hand, it could be a total disaster. Only time will tell.

Based on the screenshots, it looks a bit more cartoony than my tastes would like.

Sauron
01-21-2004, 11:17 PM
If it's not the ultimate uber amazing game i'd only change to it if DAoC is dead after the release or WoW!

I'll buy and test it for the free month tho after the game has established itself a bit

Death Engineer
01-21-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Terminathare@Jan 21 2004, 06:14 PM
I won't jump on anything right away....I'll let it stimmer and stew for awhile to see everyone's reaction..cough...SWG...cough.

I'm also having too much fun with DAOC :jammin:

I'm more excited about Painkiller :wootrock:
I think he means simmer. :P

Sauron
01-21-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Death Engineer+Jan 22 2004, 12:20 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Death Engineer @ Jan 22 2004, 12:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-OUTLAWS Terminathare@Jan 21 2004, 06:14 PM
I won&#39;t jump on anything right away....I&#39;ll let it stimmer and stew for awhile to see everyone&#39;s reaction..cough...SWG...cough.

I&#39;m also having too much fun with DAOC :jammin:

I&#39;m more excited about Painkiller :wootrock:
I think he means simmer. :P [/b][/quote]
and the walking dictionary/spellcheck strikes again :P

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
01-21-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Sauron@Jan 21 2004, 06:20 PM

and the walking dictionary/spellcheck strikes again :P

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Saretta
01-22-2004, 01:26 AM
I might try WoW for the free month and then we will see.

SALvation
01-22-2004, 01:36 AM
I&#39;m a sucker for Blizzard games. Hell, I remember when way back visiting Shafe&#39;s Starcraft Source every day to watch the release countdown timer go down. Even through its year of delays. That was a long year. :D