PDA

View Full Version : About the leaked DoomIII Demo:

HAMMER
11-07-2002, 08:47 PM
I ran across this exerpt from one of their level designers:

This is what you have here people, an APLHA load. It’s not completed, not optimized for all the different types of hardware out there. The graphics aren’t all there yet, nor are the features that will really make this game incredible when it goes gold. There are only 3 weapons, and they probably won’t look/work the same when you buy the game (they might not even be in the game at all). The architecture, models, sounds, lights, shadows, etc will be polished to perfection as the game gets closer to its release date. On your little hard drives, you have an EARLY SNAPSHOT TEST LOAD of the Doom III WORK IN PROGRESS. I can understand wanting to discuss what you are seeing, and it might even be fun to SPECULATE about where the game might end up when it is done, but REVIEWING it and BASHING it as if it was a completed product is nothing short of LUDICROUS. Drawing conclusions based on what you are seeing in this leaked alpha is a waste of time.

Mr Clean
11-07-2002, 08:52 PM
Maybe this little "leak" was done on purpose to see what the early returns were, then they can go back with those comments and make some fixes so the game will sell better when it really does get released...

Sauron
11-07-2002, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Mr Clean@Nov 7 2002, 09:52 PM
Maybe this little "leak" was done on purpose to see what the early returns were, then they can go back with those comments and make some fixes so the game will sell better when it really does get released...
but that could also be bad for the company cause maybe some ppl say wow is that crappy i wont buy it

but the ppl who get knowledge of the leaked Alpha know maybe a little more of games than the average user and so theyll know that it is not even close to the version that goes gold

Mr Clean
11-07-2002, 09:00 PM
It be worth that risk, though, especially because it is a "III" game so the interest in it is already there...

Sauron
11-07-2002, 09:04 PM
yep its surely worth a risk

Mr Clean
11-07-2002, 09:04 PM
Hell I don't know!.... :lol:

SALvation
11-07-2002, 09:57 PM
I won't be buying it because of their disregard for multiplayer. They are treating it as a feature they may add stuff to when they get time. Sorry, I like mu multiplayer with more than 3 people at once :D ;)

Sauron
11-07-2002, 10:35 PM
ill buy it too if it has a good single player mode :) just to have the complete DOOM series

Grimmy
11-08-2002, 05:48 AM
I have enough games, SS and UT03, well warcraft II doesn't count, and I can't keep up with all of them and work a full time job lol