PDA

View Full Version : you know what would be cool

Free Styler
11-08-2002, 05:35 AM
I was thinking about this the other day where game developpers could come up whit a great idea for making a game that would accomadate everyone.FPS of course.The general idea would be to set a all style game for every popular game outhere.Meaning whe could choose different caracthers from different games.You could play against quake caracthers and counter strike caracthers and SS caracthers unreal caracther ect....The general idea behind this would have to be that every player would keep there favorite controls of a style of game in 1 game against other styles of play. Of course the damage transfer would have to be fair and a couple of other issues would be the speed and other issues but over all i think it would be great.The gravity issue is that no caracther from different games would have the same jumps hight or stay in the air.Each one would have there own little specialty. Let's say you were to take a rocket laucher whit a sam caracter you would have a sam rocket laucher but taking the same weapon whit a unreal caracter you would have a unreal rocket wich would keep there attributes meaning speed at what it travels and all. Not being a game programmer this could be difficult to achieve because of different game engines but over all i think it could be acheived in the near future.All the best players of every games out there in one arena that would be awseome and fun.

MR. SLiK
11-08-2002, 05:39 AM
There is a mod sorta in the way you speak, but its for iD games and its a Quake3 mod. Its called Generations. YOu can choose any character from Quake3 and previous, and get all their guns and fight others. Its really cool. The next build will also include coop and single player.

Grimmy
11-08-2002, 06:08 AM
That would be a good idea FS. Are you going to make it now?

Hobbes
11-08-2002, 06:40 AM
The only problem is its impossible to balance the characters. Someoneusing the CS character would be so slow compared to say a Q3 or SS player that they'd be at a huge disadvantage. Plus having to reload while some more fast past guy justs spews rockets out at you would suck. :P

Grimmy
11-08-2002, 07:51 AM
Just have you use your brain power, if you think it, it can be done somehow!

Sirc
11-08-2002, 09:16 AM
It wouldn't work. Terminathare would grab the minigun and kill everyone instantly and then everyone would quite playing. :D

You know, I never really had a problem with the minigun until Hare grew fond of it. He is the only player I know that can bullet spam. :P :D

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
11-08-2002, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Sirc@Nov 8 2002, 04:16 AM
It wouldn't work. Terminathare would grab the minigun and kill everyone instantly and then everyone would quite playing. :D

You know, I never really had a problem with the minigun until Hare grew fond of it. He is the only player I know that can bullet spam. :P :D
Bullet SPAM.

LOL

Free Styler
11-08-2002, 11:40 PM
oh ya i'll ad to grimmy that no i'm the one who is going to make this happen.And i'll say that there is a solution for everything.When i say in the near future i mean 5 years or something lots, can happen in this time.And grimmy i know now what spam is.Repling to say nothing.Thank you for inlightening me on that word.it seems each time i come in this forum wich is once in a while i see your name.Well is that you getting some words in.well yes it is.Bart 's butt is in the place for everybody to enjoy.

Snip3r
11-09-2002, 04:14 AM
That would be cool, but I doubt all the companies would agree on it.

Grimmy
11-09-2002, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by Free Styler@Nov 8 2002, 06:40 PM
oh ya i'll ad to grimmy that no i'm the one who is going to make this happen.And i'll say that there is a solution for everything.When i say in the near future i mean 5 years or something lots, can happen in this time.And grimmy i know now what spam is.Repling to say nothing.Thank you for inlightening me on that word.it seems each time i come in this forum wich is once in a while i see your name.Well is that you getting some words in.well yes it is.Bart 's butt is in the place for everybody to enjoy.
not all of it is nothing, sometimes it isn't directed to ya, and to who ever I am having a conersation with lol

I think a few others have picked up on it too. Well you have catching up to do and I won't hold up any longer.

666vicious666
11-09-2002, 04:47 PM
Go brain power!!!!!!

Grimmy
11-10-2002, 07:07 AM
yea, where ever it went lol