Pathos
01-28-2004, 05:00 PM
"Spammer!"

"Whore!"

"Loser!"

"Find a shotty!"

"Who grabbed my ass?"

"Come back to bed, nerd-boy!"

Empathise? Then this is the flick for you! Yes, it's...

ROCKET WHORE - THE MOVIE! (http://files.filefront.com/RocketWhore+Pathoszip/;11939863;/fileinfo.html)

Please note - this is a 130mb download! However, for that you get 6 mins of action intermingled with the odd bit of crap comedy and Ed Wood-like effects - bargain, huh?!

** Ensure you have the Xvid codec (http://www.thatwasanadventure.com/XviD-1.0.2-29082004.zip) or it won't work properly!

While it's my first attempt at any kind of editing, i put a lot of work into this puppy. Hope you get a laugh out of it.

Cheers folks.

-P

EXEcution
01-28-2004, 05:14 PM
:thumbs:

OUTLAWS 9.99repeating^32
01-28-2004, 05:30 PM
Pathos, that movie was absolutely outstanding. Not only were there some absolutely ridiculous acrobatics and kills(like that one where the guy gets hit with a rocket head on in mid-air?!?!), it was really funny!! I loved the enemy vision. I thought that was really original!! That Yodeller one where the guy gets the SD was really really funny. :rofl:

I also liked the scene with the extra level; I thought that was pretty funny. The movie also "flowed" very well and was light-hearted and serious at the same time, which is essentially the theme of Serious Sam.

What an awesome, awesome job. That's all I can really say.

Just to update you on my movie; I have about 10 very very good scenes and am just trying to figure out Fraps 1.9D to record at the proper speed(it's recording at like 1/2 speed :bandhead: ). I still have a while to go though in terms of amount of scenes.

Amazing. Absolutely amazing. :thumbs:

EXEcution
01-28-2004, 05:39 PM
It was SO FUNNY!
I did not want it to end.
Next time i have 6 free minutes you know what i'll be watching (besides pr0n :blink:)
Editing was Gr8, Premier definitely gives u ALOT of options, and once u get the hang of it movues come out awesome.
U move like someone on speed that hasnt lost their coordnation.
I saw me (as DA) in one of the clips, dunno if i rememebr playing u that time. Awesome style.
The quality wasnt too great, but i know u didnt wanna make it a 300Meg movie.
Dunno if sam is still fun for u (becuz its fun for me) but AWESOME JOB, keep playing...and whoring rockets.
GG! :thumbs: And Good Show.

Die Hard
01-28-2004, 06:02 PM
Can't wait to see it. I'll download it when i get home (faster connection) :jammin:

EXEcution
01-28-2004, 06:04 PM
BTW This inspirred me so i just started making another movie! :P

JIMINATOR
01-28-2004, 06:16 PM
wow, awesome movie, great transitions, you have some awesome moves!!!

Fantum309
01-28-2004, 06:19 PM
That was an awsome production! Great job, editing, sound, and I gotta say, the slow mo and replays were totally awesome. Man, I want to see a full motion picture production out what else you can do. Thanks for sharing that with us. Incredible work.

He Is Legend
01-28-2004, 06:25 PM
Very Nice.

What song was that off of Disturbed, sounded real nice.

My movie is soon to come.

Not a serious sam movie btw ;)

SALvation
01-28-2004, 06:46 PM
Please make sure you download this to your desktop and don't stream it everytime you want to watch it. At 130MB each, the bandwidth limit for his domain is in view. I'll try to provide a mirror for the movie later tonight.

Fetzer
01-28-2004, 07:22 PM
a sam movie really worth seeing. great job pathos!

SALvation
01-28-2004, 07:29 PM
Guys, I'm going to have to remove Pathos' link to the movie since his site is being pounded and his bandwidth transfer is already near its limit. I'll provide a mirror later tonight using GM's own account which should be able to handle the volume of downloads. Sorry for the inconvenience.

EXEcution
01-28-2004, 08:15 PM
he gets hosting from u?

Nitro
01-28-2004, 09:53 PM
I cant wait to see it!

Dissectional
01-28-2004, 10:51 PM
Good job Pathos! That was pretty slick!

NightBreed
01-28-2004, 10:56 PM
:cool: lookin' forward to it !

Pathos
01-29-2004, 12:15 AM
Ugh! Sooooo sorry, Sal (see your PM). And apologies to anyone who tried to unsuccessfully download. I purchased hosting just to get a few movies on, but it looks like i should have researched the way bandwidth works a little better. While I'm new to this aspect of the net, i really should have payed closer attention.

Chaotic - To answer your question on the music:

Intro Music: From the Equilibrium Movie Soundtrack by Klaus Badelt.
Frag Music 1: Liberate by Disturbed
Frag Music 2: Voices by Disturbed
Credit Music: Pee Wee Herman Theme Song by Danny Elfman [chuckle]

In any event - thanks a LOT for the kind words and feedback. I'll reply in depth a little later tonight (i have to rush to work atm). But really, thanks! (And an extra big cheerio to Execution, Fantum and 9.99 for their in depth feedback - i'll respond accordingly tonight).

Cheers gang - happy you enjoyed it. Now that i have that damn pee wee song in my head, i'll share it with the crowd at work! THEY'LL LOVE ME FOR IT! [snort]

EXEcution
01-29-2004, 12:21 AM
Equilibrium Eh? :P
I noticed that 2nd song in another movie i watched as well.
hardrock is the best way to go about soundtracking ;)

OUTLAWS 9.99repeating^32
01-29-2004, 12:33 AM
Another thing I really liked about the movie was that, you play so incredibly fast that it gives the viewer a sense of immortality; I don't think you were even hit once! I mean, it seemed like you were just flying around, espically in the 200 armor pit in Lost Tomb and by the SD in Little Trouble. It was scary actually how incredible it looked.

Once again absolutely awesome movie!!!!

SALvation
01-29-2004, 01:17 AM
OK, here is the mirror for Pathos' movie:

Movie Mirror (http://www.gamemecca.net/downloads/PATHOS_ROCKETWHORE_v2.avi)

Please right click and save the movie to your desktop. That way you aren't streaming it every time you want to watch it.

Thanks.

EXEcution
01-29-2004, 02:08 AM
Thanx SAL and Pathos!
Don't mind my stupid comments!

EXEcution
01-29-2004, 02:29 AM
:rofl: ITS EVEN FUNNIER THE SECOND TIME@

Pathos
01-29-2004, 02:44 AM
Okay, logging on from work is bad. [keeps saying it to self]

Guys please note that Sal has accidentally linked to an old, incomplete version of the movie (completely my fault as i posted a preview for the MERCS with the same silly filename). No complaints because he has graciously mirrored this for me, but if you d/l it please ignore any pauses and the final "Enemy Vision" bit which scrolls through. Or rather, tries hard to. [laugh] That version is jerky, hard on the eyes, and tough to read - it has since been completely redone with a bit more footage.

Sorry about this - i'll get the finished product back on eventually! Thanks for watching regardless.

-P

(logging on from work is bad, logging on from work is bad, logging.....)

NightBreed
01-29-2004, 02:47 AM
:jammin: That movie was wild !! Great work in front and behind the camera !! :thumbs: :P

:hmmm: I've never played with the weapon hidden like that, I honestly don't think I could do it .. :blink: :hmmm:

A superb production !! :wootrock: :wootrock:

SALvation
01-29-2004, 05:50 AM
OK, all set. Links have been updated.

JIMINATOR
01-29-2004, 06:56 AM
man, I swear pathos, you gots some moves like I has never seen....
now I know what the next level is.... your weapon switch, spin &
fire are incredible.... :wacko: I'll have to go back and watch the lt
demo I have of you, although i don't think you were showing off that game....

Static
01-29-2004, 07:09 AM
As having had the privelege of watching pathos' movie from it's wee beginnings to the final product i have to congratulate him on doing such an excellent job!

A must see for beginners and vets alike... don't think many people even knew pathos could play :P :blink: not to mention his ping is always 300+... now if he would only play me 1 on 1.. :hmmm:

Again this movie has excellent editing, the sound mixes beautifully to the frag scenes and also has some classic pathos comedy for an all round enjoyable experience! :w00t:

who could ask for more? this movie kicks ass plain and simple :jammin: Get it now!

JIMINATOR
01-29-2004, 07:21 AM
lol, found it. I suppose what you don't show are all the rocket misses, still
it is like watching a dance. you are very good at what you do (or used to).
This screenshot is one of you jumping very very very high... :P
(Pathos is fain)

Black Rose
01-29-2004, 09:29 AM
took me a long time to download....but WOOT :w00t: itīs the best movie I ever saw :wootrock: :jammin: :drink:

Great work Pathos :jammin: :thumbs: :thumbs:

DiTomasso
01-29-2004, 09:45 AM
Thx SAL :thumbs:
Loved the movie Pathos, maybe you can make it a little brighter, not so dark. I think it should be possible.

Incredible jumping ability in LT and LT :rofl: :thumbs:
Thx for your work, can't wait for the next one........
:wave:

BTW if you need a victim, i m availible :rofl:

Only ten minutes to download. :w00t:

Scorch
01-29-2004, 12:53 PM
Cool Stuff! :jammin:

Asian Invasian
01-29-2004, 12:57 PM
it takes 9 hours to dl for me i think i might leave it going over night or something :thumbs: sounds like a great movie

ForrestFunk
01-29-2004, 01:34 PM
great movie, awesome movement :thumbs: :wootrock: :wootrock:

C2H5OH Guy
01-29-2004, 02:32 PM
nice movie pathos :thumbs:

Goober
01-29-2004, 02:50 PM
I'm still a rollin..........that was one helluva movie Pathos.

LaSH
01-29-2004, 03:05 PM
Cant wait to see it on the BIG screen. Great work Pathos as always. :thumbs:

BlackWolf
01-29-2004, 03:50 PM
great movie nice work :thumbs:

Pathos
01-29-2004, 04:50 PM
Thanks everyone! Staring at those same clips and crappy jokes over, and over, and OVER in the "editing room" you begin to wonder if you're on to a complete dud. [goggle eyed]

I am flattered simply that you guys would take the time to download such a massive file and give it a chance. These last two months, I've spent forever not only learning Premiere and the very basics of editing, but also in almost forcibly striving to improve my game, so your kudos are sincerely appreciated on all fronts.

9.99 & Execution - Fellas, i want to say how much i appreciate the depths of your feedback! I'm happy and relieved most of what i was aiming for (effects wise) seems to have worked out okay. Having made your own films, you guys especially know what i mean with my opening paragraph! So solidarity. [thumbs up] I'm most hyped and anxious for both your forthcoming flicks! I have another in the works (Rocket Whore is actually my second movie - i made two simultaneously, this one being the simpler of the two), but more on that later. [teases]

Execution, sorry about the overall picture quality. You're right in saying it was purely for reasons of file size. Next month (once i get some bandwidth back), i'll create a marginally higher quality version for the Sam Movie thread.

DiTomasso - Sorry you had trouble seeing it. I did actually look into the problem before posting. I noticed that my 3 Athlon's here at home all looked fine, but playing it on a friend's P4 with a crappy GFX card it really looked dark (thus i put it down to that). Conversely, it looked fine on both Static's Athlon as well as another of my buds.

Did anyone else have this problem?

Scorch - Dude! I just realised something: It's you that guy's firing at when i use the word "rookie!" [slaps head] If it crossed your mind, i wasn't even looking at the player list and sincerely meant it as a generic joke - nothing against you at all! Geeze that was silly of me. I just didn't think on that one, i fear, or i never would have included that. Sorry bud! My bad.

For the record, you're a classy Rocket Player who, like myself, plays despite a huge ping. You've beaten me plenty in the past, and you'll do so again. Cheers and humblest apologies!

<Asian - Invasian> - i thought of you specifically while picking the DivX conversion rate for that flick. [laugh] Sorry i couldn&#39;t ultimately cater to 56k, but the quality is poor enough as is. Still, i thank you for giving it a go regardless. Very cool.

Static - thanks for the sales pitch&#33; Haha&#33; That was great. Thanks bro&#33; [slaps back] And especially for pointing out all the really crap stuff along the way and making me cut it. [chuckle]

Lastly, thanks again SAL for putting in the hard yards with all the horsing around over links and bandwidth and such. Your patience is a marvel&#33;

Man, this is sounding like a bloody acceptance speech - i hate those things&#33; LOL.

Cheers everyone.

OUTLAWS high ping camper
01-29-2004, 05:17 PM
I laughed......I cried......I pooped my pants a bit.

OMG Pathos&#33;

That was incredible.

I&#39;d have your children if only I could. :babe:

In all seriousness (pun intended)......great job Pathos&#33; :thumbs:

Pathos
01-29-2004, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by JIMINATOR@Jan 29 2004, 05:21 PM
lol, found it. I suppose what you don't show are all the rocket misses, still
it is like watching a dance. you are very good at what you do (or used to).
This screenshot is one of you jumping very very very high... :P
(Pathos is fain)
Haha! How the hootenanny did you know it was me?? Huh? WHO DOBBED! [wails amid exploding blood vessels]

Scorch
01-29-2004, 05:21 PM
Btw Pathos, Zoroo is me, I saw myslef alot there with my aliases and without. :P

Pure_Evil
01-29-2004, 11:12 PM
Nice work Pathos&#33; Best SSSE movie to date&#33; Love the Hobbes quote :devil: :jammin:

OUTLAWS 9.99repeating^32
01-29-2004, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Pure_Evil@Jan 29 2004, 11:12 PM
Nice work Pathos&#33; Best SSSE movie to date&#33; Love the Hobbes quote :devil: :jammin:
Yeah he put mine to shame. :P

EXEcution
01-30-2004, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Pure_Evil@Jan 29 2004, 07:12 PM
Mine too&#33;
But i don&#39;t have Premier :devil: &#33;

MayHem
01-30-2004, 01:51 AM
DAMMMM...what can i say dude....but wow......fu&*in amazing........u got really cool moves.....rocket master :jammin:

luv da music :wootrock:

Trash
01-30-2004, 02:00 AM
That was a great movie :thumbs:

Twin])I2agon
01-30-2004, 02:42 PM
:cool: Well done Pathos , really enjoyed watchin ... :wootrock:

Pathos
01-30-2004, 06:48 PM
Thanks, guys.

9.99repeating + EXEcution - Given your resources (teaching yourselves Movie Maker and whatnot) and your comparatively recent introduction to sam (most of us have been playing for close to a couple of years now) I think you both did a damn good job, and i for one look forward to more. In fact, i insist upon it&#33; [chuckle]

Oh, and Exe - that avatar is still mesmerizing&#33; [laugh] Preston rocks hard. Could totally beat up Neo. [maturely]

Originally posted by Scorch@Jan 30 2004, 03:21 AM
Btw Pathos, Zoroo is me, I saw myslef alot there with my aliases and without. :P
Aha&#33; I wondered who that was. While you didn&#39;t fare too well in that tomb game, you put in a terrific showing in the LTrouble match scant moments before, eventually coming close to the win - nice one&#33;

Pure Evil - ditto&#33; Hobbes is a class act. He&#39;s even got a beat you can dance to. [blokey bop] Now where the heck IS that fellow?&#33;

EXEcution
01-30-2004, 07:42 PM
3rd movie finished @ 80Megs&#33;
I&#39;ll start uplading soon.

Sour Grapes
02-02-2004, 02:51 AM
Well that got the blood pumping&#33; :rofl: The pace of your game is something else i gotta say. Serious sam for that matter seems to play at an incredible rate. Or perhaps it is me who is getting on?

Nice work, Pathos. You can really tell the work you put into that. I also enjoyed the enemy vision sequence. That was inspired i thought.

Regards,
SG

JIMINATOR
02-02-2004, 02:56 AM
man, if you don&#39;t have sam, you need to get a copy, &#036;9 at wal-mart,
great action, pathos stuff is a little different, but sam overall is special
in that it is fast, and players are faster and more deadly with knife....

Nitro
02-02-2004, 03:09 AM
what was that last map with all the blocks??

Sour Grapes
02-02-2004, 03:11 AM
Jiminator,

On the advice of a few kind users here I bought the Gold edition some months ago but only just got ADSL. I have tried the single player game and while fun -- if a little repetitive -- it seems quite different to online play based on that movie, daunting really.

I will fire it up and see how i go though, thanks for the tips, but I don&#39;t know about using a knife I think i will start with some basic weapons first. Like those that keep me a safe distance away. :P

Regards,
SG

Trash
02-02-2004, 03:12 AM
Ya totally Dido :lol:

Sour Grapes
02-02-2004, 03:13 AM
By the way sorry if i have gotten a little off the topic in this thread. I know there is a rule about that.

SG

UncleSam
02-03-2004, 01:05 AM
Totally Awesome&#33;&#33; I watched it about 6 times today, cranked the tunes up when i got home. Excellent job Pathos&#33;&#33;

Two thumbs way up&#33; :thumbs: :thumbs:

EXEcution
02-03-2004, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Sour Grapes@Feb 1 2004, 11:13 PM
By the way sorry if i have gotten a little off the topic in this thread. I know there is a rule about that.

SG
You might be REALLY bad in the beginning, thats how i was, but i got better&#33;
All you need is ALOT of free time to spare, and lotsa demos to see how everyone else plays&#33; :thumbs:

Nitro
02-03-2004, 01:13 AM
dude, dont listen to him&#33;&#33; :devil:
You don&#39;t need to watch any demos. I never watched a single demo in my life and i&#39;m a kickass player. You do however, like he pointed out, practice practice practice&#33; Especially with your knife and shotty skillZ. Check out the pinned guides in the Serious Sam section :thumbs:

EXEcution
02-03-2004, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by nitrostatic@Feb 2 2004, 09:13 PM
dude, dont listen to him&#33;&#33; :devil:
You don&#39;t need to watch any demos. I never watched a single demo in my life and i&#39;m a kickass player. You do however, like he pointed out, practice practice practice&#33; Especially with your knife and shotty skillZ. Check out the pinned guides in the Serious Sam section :thumbs:
NO DEMOS HELP&#33;
You have to see what u did wrong and why u got fragged, and how you didnt win&#33;
U dont always win nitro, so there will always be someone with a better strategy and better reflexes&#33;

Pathos
02-09-2004, 07:43 AM
Cheers fellas. Glad you enjoyed it.

Nitro - that level is called Blocks R Win (you can download it from Seriously). It&#39;s very basic in design, but stick 3 or more players in there and it becomes ludicrous fun. You&#39;ll finish high on adrenaline and high on deaths, but goddamn if you won&#39;t have a smile on your face.

On the subject of demos, i half agree with you both. While you certainly don&#39;t need them to eventually become "one of the best", i feel it certainly shortens your route to getting there&#33; I am no great shakes, but I know that personally i wouldn&#39;t be half the player i am if early on i had not stopped to watch some of the premiere ass kickers at work. Sure I may have picked up on some moves "eventually", but seeing them outright really opened my eyes; i was a man enlightened. And i was soon putting into practice the various methods and movements i&#39;d observed and not thought possible (on a very basic level of course).

I still remember the first time i watched Hammer ace Yodeller (maaany moons ago)... my jaw was on the floor for the remainder of the day (in fact that&#39;s how i got my stage name, "Dirty Chin"). That demo blew my mind&#33; These days there are 40 guys who are just as good, if not better, but simply SEEING what one is capable of certainly changed the way i approached every game. Early on, it&#39;s the insight on, for lack of a better term, "level knowledge" you get through these demos that makes it worthwhile. You&#39;re obviously not going to immediately dominate after watching an A grade player, but you WILL pick up on some routes of travel or simple manoeuvres you hadn&#39;t previously considered. When you&#39;re "starting out", it&#39;s a big hand up.

Perhaps others would not be affected so, and there is no denying you will inevitably develop your own game and style, but Sour Grapes i highly recommend you hit that F7 key and post-game peruse the various approaches because, if nothing else, with such a limited, ridiculously experienced player base (largely derived from a distinct lack of level variety) the average skill level in Sam is mind boggling. Trust me... take all the help you can get or you&#39;ll soon find yourself with a receeding hairline and an empty bottle of brandy twitching oddly in your hand. [haggard nod]

Aries
02-09-2004, 09:47 AM
Pathos, any news on the Saint of Killers movie? :oooo:

btw STO Grid is also a &#39;blocks&#39; map from the Warped DM mod which will provide you with a psychedelic-like experience, methinks.

Asian Invasian
02-09-2004, 12:57 PM
Hey pathos you have that demo i want to seet this

Sepra
02-09-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Sour Grapes@Feb 1 2004, 10:11 PM
Jiminator,

On the advice of a few kind users here, I bought the Gold edition some months ago but only just got ADSL. I have tried the single player game and while fun -- if a little repetitive -- it seems quite different to online play based on that movie. Quite daunting, in all honesty.

I will fire it up and see how i go though. Thanks for the tips. I don&#39;t know about using a knife. I think i will start with some basic weapons first.

That is, those that keep me at a safe distance away. :P

Regards,
SG
Wow nice seeing you again Sour Grapes. I hope all is well with you. :wave: :cool:

Sour Grapes
02-16-2004, 07:01 AM
Thanks all for the sam tips. Like always things got a little busy for a stretch but i&#39;m back on the gaming fast lane. :cool: Hopefully for a good length of time.

And Sepra thanks again for the helpful reception when i signed up (and Die Hard). Hope to see you and everyone else in the fragging servers soon. :wootrock:

Regards,
SG