PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy V

Dissectional
01-31-2004, 03:13 AM
How about this one? Most people say that FFVII is 'the' FF game...I am starting to disagree. Final Fantasy V, available in the US in Final Fantasy Anthology is great. Sure, it's an old Super Nintendo game...but it has it all...mainly, the job system.

You collect crystal fragments, and with each fragment, you get a job! Right now, my team consists of a Blue Mage, Summoner (!), Time Mage, and a Ninja! Sweet!

This game introduced the 'Blue' magic, learning a monster ability, and the 'Time' magic...Demi for one, and more to come as I play. If you are a FF fan, you must hunt this game down. Recently re-released by Square-Enix...20 bucks for FFV and FFVI...you can't beat it.

Burn the Witch
01-31-2004, 01:32 PM
After looking at it a bit, I wanted to know is FFV the one with "that" badguy? You know....

I seriously think I will check it out man, after I beat FFVI that is....which I will start up with again now....I'm in the World of Ruin.....gotta do some leveling up before I beat Kefka....

Now watch as I bitch about FFX some more!!!

As for what is now the Final Fantasy 10 "franchise", Sin was a terrible nemesis, the high summoner inside him was even worse.....you cannot hate something that never, ever displays any emotion and is basically a circle with prongs....

The only good part of 10 was the Calm Lands...which felt like something out of FFVII.....but I didnt want something that felt like VII....I wanted something new, and good.

And doesnt FFX-2 defeat the ending of FFX? Which was the best part! A good ending! wow.

Rivers
02-10-2004, 09:38 PM
My fav is FFIV cause i loves me some Cecil and company. I believe it is alos the only Final Fantasy in the series to allow the use of 5 characters at the same time. It was also the most challanging to me and is also my fav game of all time. I liked V too cause i like the job system and it reminded me a lot of FF IV. FFVI was da bomb as well ah hell I just love them all except VIII and X is alright but not my fav. I completely hate X-2 though blah, good thing I didn't waste 50 bucks on that rubbish I also hate the music in X-2 I think its real half asked and crappy compaired to other FF games. They should have got the same composer as the rest of them and not the dude from The Bouncer. I'll wait for FFXII thank you very much. They should release a new Chrono game too I haven't heard from that franchise in a while.

By the way.... FFV's last bad guy I believe was Neo ExDeath.

Dissectional
02-11-2004, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Rivers@Feb 10 2004, 04:38 PM
My fav is FFIV cause i loves me some Cecil and company. I believe it is alos the only Final Fantasy in the series to allow the use of 5 characters at the same time. It was also the most challanging to me and is also my fav game of all time. I liked V too cause i like the job system and it reminded me a lot of FF IV. FFVI was da bomb as well ah hell I just love them all except VIII and X is alright but not my fav. I completely hate X-2 though blah, good thing I didn't waste 50 bucks on that rubbish I also hate the music in X-2 I think its real half asked and crappy compaired to other FF games. They should have got the same composer as the rest of them and not the dude from The Bouncer. I'll wait for FFXII thank you very much. They should release a new Chrono game too I haven't heard from that franchise in a while.

By the way.... FFV's last bad guy I believe was Neo ExDeath.
You are correct. It is Neo X-Death, but I have yet to pummel him.

You don't like X-2? I really didn't either, but it is growing on me. The dress changing system is much like the job system. It is hokey, and I don't care for the 'mission based' theme, but it is alright. I have high hopes for XII, I think it is going to be teh bomb.

Bizud
02-24-2004, 01:30 PM
I finally picked up Anthologies the other day after having the ROM of FF5 for years, and it didn't change my mind: FF5 is weak sauce.

It's not horrible, but the mechanics aren't nearly as slick as those of, say, FF6 or Chrono Trigger, and the storyline is far less engaging than 6, 7, or 9's. There's a reason this one was skipped over for North American release the first time around.

If you really need a job system, pick up FF Tactics. :thumbs:

Burn the Witch
02-24-2004, 09:22 PM
oh, a CAD fan. Awesome!!

Dissectional
02-24-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Bizud@Feb 24 2004, 08:30 AM
I finally picked up Anthologies the other day after having the ROM of FF5 for years, and it didn't change my mind: FF5 is weak sauce.

It's not horrible, but the mechanics aren't nearly as slick as those of, say, FF6 or Chrono Trigger, and the storyline is far less engaging than 6, 7, or 9's. There's a reason this one was skipped over for North American release the first time around.

If you really need a job system, pick up FF Tactics. :thumbs:
Well...yeah....I don't really think it is as engaging as the LATER games.
I think my soul love of the game comes from the job system. The story is quite lame and the characters are very flat.
On the other hand, my airship can float and go underwater like a submarine!

The only reason this was skipped over for American release is because of good old fashioned American silliness.

Rivers
02-24-2004, 10:04 PM
Weren't they porting over FF V for North America but then gave up on it thinking we wouldn't find it much of an improvement over OUR FF II so they started working on porting FFVI or something like that. :blink: Anyway, FFV was kinda weak plot and character wise but I still liked it. :thumbs:

Bizud
02-25-2004, 12:06 AM
The airship/boat thing is pretty snazzy.

|SCK|Sephiroth
03-03-2004, 05:37 AM
I liked FF1,7,8,9,and10
in that order :)