PDA

View Full Version : Skin Caused Server Conflict?!

merkwannabe
02-03-2004, 02:20 AM
I just reformatted my computer again.. It just kept restarting!

Down to the main issue, I just reinstalled Sam and downloaded some "neat" skins. I tried to join a 1.05 server at first and got the error wrong CRC check.. Then, I updated to 1.07 and tried joining Fortress.. I got the same error. I then tried Little Trouble, where I was f9ed 3 times in a row. Very unusual for me.

Are these skins causing errors or doing something so that I can't join the server?

Two: I can't join as a hidden member anymore because I get the error Sorry, you are not permitted to use this board when I try to log in. What hath I done?!

EXEcution
02-03-2004, 02:21 AM
This might be a tough one, definite;y something with you internet connection. Are you firewalled?
Is windows update, OMG dunno!
i wouldnt want u leaving Ssam!

EXEcution
02-03-2004, 02:22 AM
Also Aries and myself use skins that are normally not seen by other players becaue they dont have them, but it causes no interference with my game!

merkwannabe
02-03-2004, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by .:EXEcution:.@Feb 2 2004, 07:22 PM
Also Aries and myself use skins that are normally not seen by other players becaue they dont have them, but it causes no interference with my game!
Thanks for the help chap. I already updated windows, but I think since I reformatted everything is a lot slower. I deleted a ton of spam programs that come with HP. Maybe I deleted something important.

I will try the servers again.. Or maybe, I will just reinstall Sam again. I just don't want to crash Slash's server, that would amount to a permanent ban for me.. ph34r

Asian Invasian
02-03-2004, 03:03 AM
ya well i delete stuff too and it messes up my comp maybe just restore to an earlier day :hmmm:

JIMINATOR
02-03-2004, 03:05 AM
I have installed a stealth trojan on your system. If you ever hear it
curse you, or see the cd-rom opening and closing at random times,
that is me messing with you.... :devil: