PDA

View Full Version : What Are Your Opinions On The Sam World?

Jesse James
02-12-2004, 01:38 AM
What do you like about it? What do you not like about it? If you could change it, what would you change? Curious to hear your thoughts. :hmmm:

EXEcution
02-12-2004, 01:45 AM
Less Spam, and Pups, more db! :thumbs:

Nitro
02-12-2004, 01:45 AM
Well, first of all, the Serious Sam world is DEFINITELY a cult game made up of mostly people who only play this one game, and are very dedicated, and even emotionally different than people who hop from one game to another.

I believe that the Sam community is a special one, and is like the Doom community that was playing Woldfenstein 3d 10 years after it first came out.

A Triple w00t for the Sam World!! :wootrock: :wootrock: :wootrock:

OUTLAWS 9.99repeating^32
02-12-2004, 11:45 AM
Well, there are a few things that I like about the Sam game and community. One thing is, which I noticed when I first started multiplayer about 6 months ago, was how incredibly fast the game is. Another thing I like is that there is rarely any real trashtalking during games(I'm not saying that there is in other FPSs). I also like how in any given duel, anyone can end up fragging the other, no matter how much armor or health they have, or even what weapon they have(within reason). In addition, I like the standard and custom maps. Finally, I like how the games are so cheap to buy.

In terms of things I don't like and wish I could change, I would have to say the number one thing is not being able to turn off weapons from maps or powerups. That would be the first thing I would change. Another thing I would change would give 3rd person real vision, and have 3rd person see red when hit. Furthermore, I really don't like the fact that when a player joins a game without the map, they take up a player slot. I also would like to have Team Deathmatch(they don't even have this in Warped). Finally, the last thing I would change would be swimming and other exploits.

Strider
02-12-2004, 12:35 PM
ban the alias hoes... but i guess that's like everyone so there wouldn't be any more players left except CF and DOA... :rofl:

but for real.. why the hell doesn't anyone use their name that people know them by? doesn't make any sense. (yes i'm an ex alias ho, but i realized it made no sense so i stopped doing it)

Pure_Evil
02-12-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by 9.99repeating^32@Feb 12 2004, 06:45 AM

In terms of things I don't like and wish I could change, I would have to say the number one thing is not being able to turn off weapons from maps or powerups. That would be the first thing I would change. Another thing I would change would give 3rd person real vision, and have 3rd person see red when hit. Furthermore, I really don't like the fact that when a player joins a game without the map, they take up a player slot. I also would like to have Team Deathmatch(they don't even have this in Warped). Finally, the last thing I would change would be swimming and other exploits.
Nicely done, add a patch that eliminted f9's and you're on to it, the last thing would that if you wanted to play on a server, and didn't have the map or mod, you would automatically download it while you waited.

I realy feel bad for you guys, SSSE is a fun game with so much potential, but it's fans were left hanging by the developers :bandhead:

Asian Invasian
02-12-2004, 01:55 PM
well first of all i love this game and 999 is right they do need a team deathmatch and same with PE the f9's really suck especially when your in first place. I really hate the greanade launcher and the cannon its too cheap and way to powerful although they did a really good job with the double shotty. The worst thing though is being swashed that just makes no sense to me. Other than that this is may favorite game :thumbs:

Asian Invasian
02-12-2004, 06:40 PM
I would have to say sam is like a adrenaline rush and that you meet the nices ppl, but I just have just one problem with the weapon, I agree with the others above. The greanade launcher is cheep. Hidding in a dark area with one and just randomly shooting really gets on my nerves, if i could I would take it out of the game cuz thats the only thing that I think is cheeting... but for everything else, OH YA. :devil:

***Blue Knight***
02-12-2004, 06:44 PM
Oh and AI, it would help if you logged out ones you were don using my computer, lol :thumbs:

Asian Invasian
02-12-2004, 06:53 PM
haha you should look to see if it says logged in :P :P :P

JIMINATOR
02-12-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by <Asian - Invasian>@Feb 12 2004, 01:40 PM
I would have to say sam is like a adrenaline rush and that you meet the nices ppl, but I just have just one problem with the weapon, I agree with the others above. The greanade launcher is cheep. Hidding in a dark area with one and just randomly shooting really gets on my nerves, if i could I would take it out of the game cuz thats the only thing that I think is cheeting... but for everything else, OH YA. :devil:
hmmm, very few spammers are actually good, if you run side to side, shooting
them with a shotgun, you can usually take them out... :thumbs:

Speedsweeper
02-12-2004, 07:37 PM
Sam in one word is great.

Because there are only a limited number of servers out there you will always bump into someone you know regardless of where in the world you, or indeed they are playing from.

If i could change anything about sam it would be the option to disable pups. Some people use then all the time in games and it just gets frustrating. It takes the fun and skill away from the game.

To all the other very skilled players out there who don&#39;t use them it is a joy to play with you. The challenge is superb and the coversation&#39;s are a laugh as well.

Monster Crab and Nitrostatic are two of the funniest and best players i know of in the game. They are always up for a laugh.

I hope when the new sam comes out the original one will not loose its great community of gamers.

You are all a great bunch of people....honestly :thumbs:

Asian Invasian
02-12-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by JIMINATOR+Feb 12 2004, 12:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JIMINATOR @ Feb 12 2004, 12:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-<Asian &#045; Invasian>@Feb 12 2004, 01:40 PM
hmmm, very few spammers are actually good, if you run side to side, shooting
them with a shotgun, you can usually take them out... :thumbs: [/b][/quote]
btw the post you were quoting jim was ***Blue Knight*** i forgot to log off when i was at his house just to tell you unless you already know :thumbs:

Nitro
02-12-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Chris@Feb 12 2004, 02:37 PM
Sam in one word is great.

Because there are only a limited number of servers out there you will always bump into someone you know regardless of where in the world you, or indeed they are playing from.

If i could change anything about sam it would be the option to disable pups. Some people use then all the time in games and it just gets frustrating. It takes the fun and skill away from the game.

To all the other very skilled players out there who don&#39;t use them it is a joy to play with you. The challenge is superb and the coversation&#39;s are a laugh as well.

Monster Crab and Nitrostatic are two of the funniest and best players i know of in the game. They are always up for a laugh.

I hope when the new sam comes out the original one will not loose its great community of gamers.

You are all a great bunch of people....honestly :thumbs:
oh, Chris, you bring tears to me and MC&#39;s eyes :angel:

JIMINATOR
02-12-2004, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by <Asian - Invasian>@Feb 12 2004, 03:28 PM
btw the post you were quoting jim was ***Blue Knight*** i forgot to log off when i was at his house just to tell you unless you already know :thumbs:
jup, we have a lot of split personality people here... slaxor...

hmmm, maybe that was why you were kicking some bootay in that one level...

Asian Invasian
02-13-2004, 12:01 AM
ahhh what level alias man :shifty: