PDA

View Full Version : if you are looking for dvd burner

ME BIGGD01
02-17-2004, 08:24 AM
ME BIGGD01 (http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=27-152-012&depa=0&refer=slickdeals)

PimpDaddy
02-17-2004, 10:24 AM
I take it, that is a great buy for 8x ?? What are the other bells and whistles that you like about that one Bigg?

ME BIGGD01
02-17-2004, 08:45 PM
i really don't care for the 8x because the media @ 2-4x is cheap and works well with no problems (considering that dvdxcopy plat suggests burning at that speed). I thought the price was pretty good also that it is multi format. today, it does not pay to pay for a cdrw when dvd burners are the reasonable in price with the extra features it carries. nothing beats a ghost image on one dvd to do a nice clean install with all your programs on it in under 20-30 minutes. also dvdx copy rocks for those ummm backup dvd's ;)

Fred Bear
03-01-2004, 04:31 PM
not all DVD burners are created equal
some of them have a problem with certain brands of media. I dont know if this one does or not. Also look for buffer underrun protection. Otherwise you will make alot of coasters. I got a Plextor and have yet to make a coaster. It will take what ever brand of media I throw at it.

Rivers
03-01-2004, 06:05 PM
Nice find Bigg I just might consider getting myself one when i start getting paid at my new job. I would like a back of my HD anyways. :cool: